@Wimmer & @Big Adam - I don’t think any potential Urus owner would be comparing it against a Defender. A Range Rover, but not the Defender it’s a totally different sort and class of vehicle. However I do agree that VW Group does have some products that match JLRs products but then you could do that with lots of car groups in the modern world as often a brand is part of a group of companies. VW Group being a prime example with pretty much a complete offering of whatever you’d like to drive ... VW, Seat (& Cupra), Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Ducati, MAN, Scania, VW Commercial. Hard to not find a competitor to VW group when it’s that big!

oh and I’m still hoping it’s wrong and we either get the lime green or the old metallic one for the Sian

@Jim sorry for straying off topic but I’m sure you understand why

On 3/9/2020 at 8:12 AM, Seasider said:

@Jim sorry for straying off topic but I’m sure you understand why

We can create a new topic when we have actual information :laugh: :tongue:

On 3/8/2020 at 11:19 PM, Wimmer said:

I really hope that they will do pushrod suspension

I'm not a car fan, but one thing that always strikes me on both official sets AND most mocs - realistic suspension is totally ignored. I think i've seen one example of anti-roll, about the same number of heave springs. Not sure why this brilliant area of technicality is totally ignored by TLG and MOC er's alike

1 hour ago, TeamThrifty said:

I'm not a car fan, but one thing that always strikes me on both official sets AND most mocs - realistic suspension is totally ignored.

Well as for the TLG, they already have a hard time designing a dead simple suspension setup which can actually hold the cars weight.:laugh:  Various MOC designers have replicated the suspension setup of the real life counterpart. Sheepo for example, goes as far as constructing realistic caster, camber and kingpin angles.

On 1/30/2020 at 4:58 PM, Seasider said:

I still think the metallic green we’ve had from long ago is a good chance.

I seriously doubt it will be the metallic green of the 8466. First of all, it's not that spectacular a color in the first place but actually rather dull. Secondly, that color is painted on the panels. I'd be highly surprised if TLG would do that for a flagship model like this.

On 1/30/2020 at 4:58 PM, Seasider said:

Lamborghinis are bold cars, they won’t want to use a colour already used so that rules out orange and blue.

Totally agree with that. I expect (or is it hope?) they'll create a whole new color just for this car as none of the existing greens are a close match to the green of the Sian. Or, even better, two new colors, a spectacular pearl green for the bodywork and that wonderful cooper/bronze for the wheels.

Regardless, I'll get it the first day it's available.

On 4/7/2020 at 2:55 PM, Enantiomeer said:

I seriously doubt it will be the metallic green of the 8466. First of all, it's not that spectacular a color in the first place but actually rather dull. Secondly, that color is painted on the panels. I'd be highly surprised if TLG would do that for a flagship model like this.

Totally agree with that. I expect (or is it hope?) they'll create a whole new color just for this car as none of the existing greens are a close match to the green of the Sian. Or, even better, two new colors, a spectacular pearl green for the bodywork and that wonderful cooper/bronze for the wheels.

Regardless, I'll get it the first day it's available.

@Enantiomeer : I totally agree with you. Definitely a first day buy for me as well, and i agree also with the wheels; they should be the copper/bronze color that the real Sian is showing off in the pictures.  Now,... about the body color,... that's still a total guess, but I still hope that my earlier posted purple metallic is still a front runner ?...  Besides that; that purple would go well with the bronze metallic wheels ! 

On 3/9/2020 at 12:19 AM, Wimmer said:

?.   I agree. My Chiron is sitting on a shelf in my bedroom; every morning I laugh when I see the car resting on its chassis, because the springs can’t carry the weight of the car. 

I think you can fix that by replacing the blue 3L pins with friction with 3L pins without friction or axles. So the friction does no add to the weight.

59 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

I think you can fix that by replacing the blue 3L pins with friction with 3L pins without friction or axles. So the friction does no add to the weight.

Sadly that doesnt fix the problem, i swapped out those pins while building it, and while the car does rebound, it doesnt go back to proper ride height, it ends up sitting somewhere in the middle, and needs a little pick-me-up to go back to its proper height

8 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Sadly that doesnt fix the problem, i swapped out those pins while building it, and while the car does rebound, it doesnt go back to proper ride height, it ends up sitting somewhere in the middle, and needs a little pick-me-up to go back to its proper height

Yeah, while 2 hard shocks per wheel are enough to lift a 3-4 kg model, that is only true if the shocks are not in a leverage disatvantage, like in the bugatti. I had to use 4 hard shocks per wheel in the rear on my last moc as well because the shocks are mounted in the middle of the lower wishbone and thus lose 50% of their strength.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:54 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

A V12 with the proper engine blocks will take up a whopping length of 14 studs

Since Lego releases more and more cars it might be a good idea to make new smaller engine parts.
The current escape to this is yellow half bushes.....

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

=/ ok, looked fine a video. I have not tried it myself.

On 4/13/2020 at 10:39 AM, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Since Lego releases more and more cars it might be a good idea to make new smaller engine parts.
The current escape to this is yellow half bushes..... 

A V12 in current parts should be fine in a 1:8 scale car, remember that the same engine was also in the 599 and enzo, both of which were 1:10. And while i agree that more and new engine pieces (proper crank/conrods for true boxers!) would be welcome, the current cylinders are already too small in relation to the scale. The GT3RS, which in real life boasts a 4 litre engine, only has a 1.6 litre in lego form, when adjusted for scale. They Chiron comes out to 4.3 litres for its W16, slightly over half the true 8.0 litre capacity.

As for packing stuff into a set (which is a more relevant concern then proper stroke volume scaling, i do realize that), i think the focus should be more on more realistic and compact gearboxes. In real car the gearbox is less then half the size of the engine, in lego form it ends up at least twice the size of the engine. the 20z clutch is a good step, but i think with for instance a 24 tooth clutch and some extra gizmos around the driving rings/selectors, a much more compact gearbox should be possible.

Just did some research and found that the Lamborghini Sian has a motor integrated into the gearbox which adds 34 horsepowers to the output and the Sian does feature a rear locking differential. I wonder what's Lego going to do with this.

A locking differential could be done with the new differential introduced in 42109, since it can be locked with a driving ring on one side.   On a slightly different topic, those head and tail lights look rather challenging to model *huh*.

3 hours ago, lmdesigner42 said:

A locking differential could be done with the new differential introduced in 42109, since it can be locked with a driving ring on one side.   On a slightly different topic, those head and tail lights look rather challenging to model *huh*.

Locking differential woould just damage the CV joints. I highly doubt we will ever see a 4kg heavy model from lego with locking diffs.

4 hours ago, lmdesigner42 said:

Why would you even want a locked diff on a AWD Supercar? You are not going offroad, are you? A LSD would make some sense, but only in reality, and not on a manual model.

But they could design some suspension and Gearbox that does not suck for a change :laugh_hard:

Edited by Gray Gear

12 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Why would you even want a locked diff on a AWD Supercar? You are not going offroad, are you? A LSD would make some sense, but only in reality, and not on a manual model.

But they could design some suspension and Gearbox that does not suck for a change :laugh_hard:

4 wheel burnouts is why :P  (makes me wonder, if you put a Chiron on narrow shitty tyres, how long it could spin all wheels for before either blowing them up, or finally gain traction)

But yeah, a locking diff makes no sense on a sport/super/hypercar, torque vectoring is a big thing these days, but that is an entirely different kettle of fish.

I am curious to see if Lego will end up doing something with the hybrid component of the Sian, but considering the weight we are looking at, a single electric motor is pointless (well, i guess just as pointless as 34hp is for a real Sian)

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Locking differential woould just damage the CV joints

Maybe the new CV joints introduced in 42099 can withstand that amount of stress

I just saw your thread about the damaged joints, guess they won't work.

Edited by JoshsTechnicWorkshop

Firtst of all, If the mods dont like me posting this, feel free to remove it. It might be the first picture of the LEGO model we have in my opinion. I just wanted to tell y'all that I just found this on The Dark Side Of The Brick:

WeChat-Image_20200425221656-Copy-4.jpg

Either MK is now seriously trying to compete with LEGO by releasing their own version of the same car at the same time, or they already know a lot more about the LEGO model than we do. The second option seems more realistic to me because MK isnt known for making up new molds and pieces.

Edited by Gray Gear

Of course it's not authorized by Lamborghini, goes without saying.

But they have named the designer of this set as L-H-L. They only do that when the MOCer has accepted payment (of course otherwise they carry on regardless).

Those fender panels don't exist (yet?!) In TLG. So as you say, the question is has MouldKing invented a new panel (doubt it) or have they somehow got a spy in Denmark (or the Chinese factory where they make bricks now!)? Or if not, who is LHL and where did he get the idea of new panels?

I don't believe it's a direct copy of TLG Lamborghini, if only because the mirrors on this are better than the silhouette teaser suggests TLG has managed!

Edited by amorti

Saw this earlier today...

I agree MK is not known for developing their own models. A spy at LEGO's Chinese factory is possible but I don't think Lego will produce 3 pairs of new molds only for this car. And there is a lot of studful involved (trunk and doors). These aspects make me think that this is not the Lego model.

Regarding the color, I like this one but it would not be that distinctive compared to the Chiron.

But what a coincidence though...