38 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

It's also a hybrid but for a static car not sure your how you can show that off in Lego.

With a sticker :)

I think the new left and right 3x13 panels will be used in the roof.

18667-mid.jpg

The middle part can be the normal 3x13 panel, or maybe a new type: 3x13 with tapers on both sides.

According to the bueprints, the Lamborghini is quite bigger than Chiron, after rescaling, the Lambo should be 6 cm longer and little bit wider.

Interesting observations on the size, it should indeed be ~8 studs longer, 1 wider and ~1.5-2 lower then the Chiron (if the Chirons dimensions correctly follow the real deal)

Looking at the profile shots, i think if they want to do the real car justice, they will have to find another solution for the front wheel arches then the normal porsche wheel arche, that would be too bulky around the top of the arch.

@vectormatic I have just calculated and compared the real size Chiron and the Lego version, and yes, the dimensions are very close to each other. Only the height of Lego Chiron should be around 1 cm higher.

2 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

find another solution for the front wheel arches

This is exactly what I've been wondering for the past few days. The Porsche wheel arch is too squarish, and adding a 3x13 curved panel on top only makes the design more bulky.

Maybe there will be no wheel arc piece used at all, and the shape will be achieved using different beams and panels.

2 hours ago, Jaromir said:

Maybe there will be no wheel arc piece used at all, and the shape will be achieved using different beams and panels.

Very interesting point.  This may drive a bit larger cost and piece count vs. Chiron too.  

Personally id expect them to use flex axles and perhaps a strategically placed 3x13 curved panel for the wheel arch, another bespoke part would be pretty much useless for anything except these very pointy nosed supercars.

@Jaromir Interesting that the Chiron is too low, that means the Lambo should be roughly the same height in lego form, just a tad wider and 8 studs longer.

7 hours ago, Jaromir said:

According to the bueprints, the Lamborghini is quite bigger than Chiron, after rescaling, the Lambo should be 6 cm longer and little bit wider.

Won't fit in my glass case...

1 hour ago, Jaromir said:

@Valkyx

I preffer it to fit in my budget than glass case :p

The price is already known. So well better get prepared. 

But for real i need to make another place in my apartment to store the models.

It's going look good next to the Bugatti and Porsche. I'm not fussed on the functions as it's just going to be a shelf queen for me 

4 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

It's going look good next to the Bugatti and Porsche. I'm not fussed on the functions as it's just going to be a shelf queen for me 

Second that, well maybe a King:)

On 2/2/2020 at 4:19 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think the new left and right 3x13 panels will be used in the roof.

18667-mid.jpg

The middle part can be the normal 3x13 panel, or maybe a new type: 3x13 with tapers on both sides.

I know there are many of you that don’t like this green color; but I think it would be great, and much better than plain red or something like that ?

On 2/6/2020 at 2:06 AM, MarkyMark42 said:

Again, since the Porsche was orange and the Bugatti was blue, I’m really hoping the color of the Lambo will be anything else but red. 
Lamborghini cars come often in special colors. I hope it’s a nice yellow or purple or something like that. 
Red wouldn’t look good next to the Porsche...

On 2/6/2020 at 3:47 AM, Jurss said:

maybe they made this time awfull looking but most functional car ? :D

I’m also not worried about functions, but they better get the shape and profile of the car right; and make it look good and sharp. 
The Porsche’s nose was a little off with the hood not very pretty and lots of holes everywhere. 
The Bugatti was a little better with the holes, but the nose was still weird. 
If they don’t get the nose of the Lambo ‘clean’ it’s really going to hurt the overall look of the car I think. I hope they come up with maybe new panels to fix that problem, and not trying to ‘shape’ things too much using flex axles, etc. 

Edited by Wimmer
Spelling error

I wonder what the Lambo would look like in bright light orange. Might be too close to 42056 porsche orange to be concidered, but still. I'm more interested in what colour and design the wheels will be in though.

Edited by zoo

2 hours ago, Wimmer said:

I hope they come up with maybe new panels to fix that problem

It is not so much of a "problem", is it? It is more a "nice to have" thing, or am I wrong?

Also, new shape required = new LEGO part/panel required to match that shape is a bit like Revell or Tamiya, isn't it? I always though LEGO is about getting as close rather than have the perfect match.

Best
Thorsten

26 minutes ago, Toastie said:

It is not so much of a "problem", is it? It is more a "nice to have" thing, or am I wrong?

Also, new shape required = new LEGO part/panel required to match that shape is a bit like Revell or Tamiya, isn't it? I always though LEGO is about getting as close rather than have the perfect match.

:thumbup: 

Please have TLG create this with existing panels as much as possible. I'd rather see some extravagant assemblies trying to come close to the real thing like in the Chiron front end, than getting me a model kit with exactly copied shapes with otherwise useless parts.

See also my signature text...

Agreed, but I still think we would all benefit from a different wheel arch mold for lower, rounder cars like this one, where the long straight on top of the current arch will be bad looking.

59 minutes ago, Toastie said:

I always though LEGO is about getting as close rather than have the perfect match.

Best
Thorsten

That was the thing in the Past, when Lego  is in their limit.

but now/today, they always say " we're pushing beyond the very limit"  

and you will not pay the very expensive price to buy an ugly looking Set 

So Lego must go Above our expectation to make my kidney worthy ?