6 minutes ago, Jurss said:

I understand roof line, but I at the moment cna't imagine how sides are made, there is also some slight inside dent some kind of one stud. Maybe there will be some new panels?

Apparently the Bell VTOL contains a new panel, like the curved panel introduced in 42039 (and used in the roof of pretty much any car since) but with a tapered edge, check out the topic for a sketch from someone who saw the sets in real life.

The 3 line design is actually a common theme in the modern Lambos, the Huracan and Urus both have a version of this graphic too.

the Sian takes it a stage further and uses it for the front lights too.

Aventador is due for replacement and could be this year, but has also been rumoured to slip to 2022 or 2024

I don't know, it is hard for me to say whether I like the Sian or not. For sure it has interesting shape which will be hard to capture, but I think I would preffer that the new lego ultimate to be the newest Aventador SVJ. I think it is still possible, as real Chiron has been released in 2016 and it's lego model in 2018.

There has been some commentary about green color of the Sian photos we see on line

When you listen (about 7min in) to Shmee, he describes how each of the 63 models that will be build will have unique color and design pattern.

Hopefully Lego one will get it's own unique design that will stand out.

I don't mind what colors TLG decided to build in, I just hope they will add some new Technic parts.
New gear, new parts even new steering wheel is what we need.

While the rest of 2020 doesn't seem so good (although the Ducati motorbike sounds promising) I am soooooooooooo happy the the next UCS is a Lambo. My favourite is the Aventador but I don't know much about the Sian, and from the picture above it looks gorgeous! :wub:

If they do a weird one off colour then I hope it's something worth doing a weird one off colour for, like a nice, metallic green like in the picture above or something. If not then I hope it's a regular colour that we already have a lot of parts in, so not purple!!!! Whilst the Landrover defenders green colour works well for the Landrover, I don't think it would look good on a Lambo.

On the more Technical aspects, both the Porsche and the Chiron brought something new to gearboxes as far as official sets are concerned. I'm hoping for something new here also. Didn't someone mention that the Ducati motorbike has a proper shock absorber? Could they possibly find their way into the Lambo also as a way of helping with the UCS cars suspension issues, depending on how hard they are? I think the Porsche and the Chiron also brought us new wheel hubs (the black ones from the Claas in the Porsche and integrated brake disks in the Chiron). I wonder if this trend will continue also, perhaps using the new CV joints from 42099 to get a better steering angle? The Porsche and the Chiron are both great but also with room for improvement (mostly the gearboxes being unrealistic and the suspension) so I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements have been made.

And also, it does seem now like the UCS car line is strictly for supercars only. I am thrilled that they are doing a Lambo which for me is the best! But I do hope they allow for something other than a supercar sometime in the future. There are so many iconic cars (like the Landrover) that aren't supercars that could really benefit from the UCS treatment. But is it now too late for that now that the first three UCS cars are all supercars? Was it always the intent that they all be supercars? Whilst I would love to see some UCS non supercars I wonder now if that would in some way damage the line as a whole.

Edited by allanp

Does Volkswagen AG have some kind of exclusive agreement with LEGO regarding the Technic 'Supercars'?

We see Land Rover SUV, BMW Motorcycle, Mercedes Benz Unimog/Arocs, Mack Anthem, Liebherr digger, Volvo construction equipment and so on and so forth - a great amount of diversity.

But the biggest cars... always Volkswagen AG.

Has anyone discussed the fact the the Sian is a mid-engine hybrid, with the electric motor, powered by a supercapacitor instead of batteries, integrated into the 7 speed semi-automatic transmission. I wonder if the LEGO version will even have a mid-engine or 7 gears?  Supposedly the appeal of the UCS series is the ability to actually see the engine, which perhaps would be visible through the rear window???  The car will have a mechanical self-locking rear differential, will be great to finally get an official locking diff from LEGO.

2 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

self-locking rear differential, will be great to finally get an official locking diff from LEGO.

Locking diff is also discussed as part of the Volvo drivetrain. But in that set it was (99,9% certain) confirmed that the existing 4L(red) diff is used as center diff, and the new TGcar diff on the axles (so 3 in total). I would not expect new diff elements. Might still be a LEGO first to have it locking though, both diff cases have the option to pair with a driving ring.

59 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Locking diff is also discussed as part of the Volvo drivetrain. But in that set it was (99,9% certain) confirmed that the existing 4L(red) diff is used as center diff, and the new TGcar diff on the axles (so 3 in total). I would not expect new diff elements. Might still be a LEGO first to have it locking though, both diff cases have the option to pair with a driving ring.

I highy doubt TLG would add a locking differentials to such bug models, because the small direct driven CV joints used could simply not survive the forces of a 3,5 kg car steering with locked diff. I do hope that Lambo uses the new shock absorbers from the Ducati though.

Edited by Zerobricks

Just now, Zerobricks said:

the forces of a 3,5 kg car steering with locked diff

True that...

1 hour ago, JGW3000 said:

Has anyone discussed the fact the the Sian is a mid-engine hybrid, with the electric motor, powered by a supercapacitor instead of batteries, integrated into the 7 speed semi-automatic transmission. I wonder if the LEGO version will even have a mid-engine or 7 gears?  Supposedly the appeal of the UCS series is the ability to actually see the engine, which perhaps would be visible through the rear window???  The car will have a mechanical self-locking rear differential, will be great to finally get an official locking diff from LEGO.

Dont get your hopes up, Lego isnt suddenly going to take the UCS mold (impressive looks and partcount, features barely functional and only really impressive to people who havent touched technic in 20 years) and take this thing to the max with fancy new diffs and whatever. If there is indeed a better shock in the Ducati and that is used to keep suspension sag away this time, ill already be positively surprised.

Realisticly im expecting just a small evolutionary step from the Chiron, just like the Chiron was from the Porsche, expecting more is setting yourself up for disappointment

When I compare GT3 RS and Chiron I see a large improvement.  Both on technical side and look and feel.  Yes Chiron still has issues, but in my opinion both the building experience was better and model is much improvement over Porsche.  Let's see how far Lego will take it with Lambo.  

13 hours ago, Jaromir said:

I don't know, it is hard for me to say whether I like the Sian or not. For sure it has interesting shape which will be hard to capture, but I think I would preffer that the new lego ultimate to be the newest Aventador SVJ. I think it is still possible, as real Chiron has been released in 2016 and it's lego model in 2018.

I agree. The Sian doesn't do much for me design-wise, and with a very limited production run of 63 I'm not sure it would be the best subject. A lime-green or yellow SVJ would be brilliant.

I had not expected ever to see a Lego Technic model again with the colours of the 8466 model, but when I see the presentation of the Sian, it would not surprise me. :sick: Knowing Lego they will probably use the same colour as they used for the Landrover Defender ...

We’re all still assuming it’s the Sian. As I pointed out the three line graphic is used as tail lights on all their current lineup and the Aventador is due to be replaced, so could be that.

but a Sian in metallic green / lime would be great. I’ll just wait for all the people to complain about the gold wheels we’ll then get as well!

One of the first rumours was that we would get a red supercar with gullwing doors IIRC. The Sian has scissor doors, so maybe the colour is red after all...

6 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Lambo doesn’t do gullwing doors it does what’s called scissor doors

True that. 

And that rumour was totally false, starting with backhoe on the list... 

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

We’re all still assuming it’s the Sian. As I pointed out the three line graphic is used as tail lights on all their current lineup and the Aventador is due to be replaced, so could be that.

but a Sian in metallic green / lime would be great. I’ll just wait for all the people to complain about the gold wheels we’ll then get as well! 

The three line graphic is only found in red on the Aventador though, while it is white/blueish in the teaser, like it is in the Sian headlights.

Dont get me wrong, im with @therealjustin in prefering a lime green Aventador SVJ, but i just dont see an Aventador happening, it is very much nearing its end of life (i wouldnt be surprised if we saw its succesor this year), and while the SVJ is quite special, the Aventador isnt a limited run car. Now the 911 GT3RS isnt as limited/special as the Chiron either, but it was Porsche's hardcore halo model at the time, and the 911 is 100% the first thing in anyones mind when you say "porsche", the only Lambo that is that iconic might be the Countach.

Honestly, if this isnt the Sian, my money would be on Lambo presenting the Aventador's succesor in Geneva (march) and it being that.