@zuxOops I seem to have missed that part :grin:

They must use pretty weak springs, so I doubt they will be of any use for me as a car guy :sceptic:

5 minutes ago, Valkyx said:

...the seat looks unfinished to me.

Old Lego tradition (See the BMW). Anyway, I like it. In comparison to the BMW (which I enjoyed) there are more functions and new pieces but the same price. Good job Lego!

Great looking motorcycle! Looks like we are getting more #3 connectors and #5 & #6 panels in red!:thumbup:  Very curious about the new shocks as well.

Yes! This looks really good. Definitely getting this. Love the new parts, nice to see a gearbox, looks great, functions and parts improves on it's predecessors, what's not to like? Well done Lego :thumbup:

Edited by allanp

Super! Finally I'll get a motorcycle after 10 years of waiting!

Awesome!

- New rear tire: 1 disk fit, but wider than usual front

- soft plastic (sailboat like) windsceen

- new decorative brake disk

- new long shock absorbers with internal spring

looks like gearbox is using orange shifter with 180 degree workign range and middle neutral postition

Bike is far from original, comparing design, but since not everyone of us is a Ducati fan, we don't see design fails, like we saw it on dodge Charger (where everyone is a sharp-eyed Charger design pro critic)

Just now, Jockos said:

It seems so. Does it mean we're getting more "glass" pieces like this??:cry_happy:

Maybe. I could see similar things being used for headlights and windscreens perhaps.

in one word: WOW

Im really blown away by this set, im not a huuuge motorcycle nut, but i do really like them, Ducs especially. And given recent licensed efforts i was kind of affraid that this set would fall flat as little more then a pimped 42036 (which i already have), instead lego blows my socks off with new shocks, dual front brakes, a bespoke rear tyre, a two speed gearbox with proper foot adjuster and just allround awesome looks.

I think this is the best licensed set ive seen out of TLGs technic department in a loooooong time, given that i dont expect sagging suspension of excessive gearbox slack in a set this size.

So there is a gearbox. Good. I look forward to get this set.

The number of panels is crazy! The only sticker I do not like is the one for the end of the exhaust. I'm sure there are some system bricks to get that shape.

Damn, I'm amazed they've included a gearbox. Massive props to them and Ducati. The bodywork is a bit patchy but who cares, it's Technic. I dig the new shocks and fat tyre, really happy they've decided to include them.

6 minutes ago, rm8 said:

looks like gearbox is using orange shifter with 180 degree workign range and middle neutral postition

Yeah, it's visible in one of the brickset pictures: 42107_Detail_03.jpg

14 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Damn, I'm amazed they've included a gearbox. Massive props to them and Ducati. The bodywork is a bit patchy but who cares, it's Technic. I dig the new shocks and fat tyre, really happy they've decided to include them. 

Patchy bodywork is often easily fixed, especially in red, considering pretty much every part ever is available in red.

Im also quite excited about the posibilities these new parts add to motorcycle modding/mocing, ill definitely order a spare rear tyre for my 42036

Maybe a bit strange proportions (due to high suspension, it looks more like a Multistrada), but I am sold on this one... and a second copy is a must have to build a Monster. Looks like an excellent model! :thumbup:

seeing as it has one stiff shock at the back i guess the new ones are not that strong.Hopefully the dampening has some visible effect.

Do we think that as it's an enclosed unit that the bottom pin hole can be rotated like the old dampened springs that would make it a lot more versatile even if it's too long for most vehicles.

Now up on the Lego site https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/ducati-panigale-v4-r-42107

Edited by Cardboy

All that's left is to bet on the price. I'm guessing $60USD, or ~$110AUD.

My logic is that Lego's gonna shaft us because it's another luxury VW Group license, and the BMW (not VWG, but also luxury) was $80AUD without the gearbox or fancy new parts.

Heyyy, nice! It's only $90AUD. I'm thoroughly impressed. Prices are as follows:

AU: $90

CA: $100

US: $70

UK: $55

Lol, looks like everyone but us Aussies got shafted this time round :laugh:

Edited by Bartybum

isnt the price confirmed ? €59/$59 

Edited by nahpets

I like the new Ducati it's a must buy for me. But I would have preferred an air-spring shock absorber like the 32181c04. It would have been more expensive to produce but certainly a better and more realistic part for all future Technic sets and MOCs. I guess we will also never again see a revamp of the adjustable 48912c01 shock absorber.

Just now, R0Sch said:

I guess we will also never again see a revamp of the adjustable 48912c01 shock absorber.

I'm hardly surprised though, that thing was massive

640x360.jpg

If you look at the centre of the break disk it seems to have been made with the possibility of some sort of clutch engagement.

Edited by Cardboy