My Ducati set Shows the same like this from blondasek regarding Axle and Pin Connector Hub with 1 Axle. But it do not mind me in this case. But if you send a message to Lego they will sent you new parts very quickly. The Serive is very good. I hope LEGO gets the color accuracy soon under control. :classic:

My opinion regarding this set is very good. I really like this Set :classic: 

The Transmission works very well and the optk is very nice!

IMG_20200615_121929.jpg

Edited by dromeracer

@dromeracer as I wrote, I have already sent an email to Lego with batch number and other details from the box. Not the first time when I had to replace some parts (Mack black roof panels, printed parts for Mustang from creator, etc.). I was just surprised that 3 parts out of 8 came in normal red colour and 5 in that dark red. Specially that they were in one bag, so in the factory they should notice that. And here we are getting to the conclusion - Lego is accepting slouch a big difference (it is not small) and counting in eventual replacement for customers who will ask. At least that is what I think. 

Bad quality control

Here are some images of the part 6010864 which I had 1 really bad and 3 with defective molding but still usable, seems Lego is dropping the ball big time in quality control.

img_4090.jpg

img_4086.jpg

img_4087.jpg

Saving on quality will be a boomerang for TLG. The customer service will not be able to answer all the requests. Also, sending replacements to an increasing number of customers will be very expensive.

I hope they will fix quality issues soon.

4 hours ago, mpj said:

Saving on quality will be a boomerang for TLG. The customer service will not be able to answer all the requests. Also, sending replacements to an increasing number of customers will be very expensive.

I hope they will fix quality issues soon. 

Not to mention pushing fans away, I've had no problems with the Ducati myself (save for a design criticism on the rubber band drive), but having seen the criticisms of the Fiat 500 in terms of colour, and the same issue on the lambo, im putting the lego hobby on the back burner. While i love the looks and complexity of recent licensed sets, there is no denying that quality is going down, and im not happy with paying €370 for those kinds of issues. They already pushed my out of lego star wars with the ridiculous pricing, and now technic is getting ruined by subpar designs and poor production quality.

Yeah I dont get why they cheaped out on quality in the last few year(s). Top notch quality is the only reason why most people buy original LEGO, and are willing to pay these crazy prices instead of buying competitor Bricks from china for a fraction of the price. (I think)

Edited by Gray Gear

Just for an experiement I built the Ducati swingarm to try on my 42036, but soon noticed that the chain is not parallel due to the gears and hub that are used. Is this right? Pretty sure I built it correctly. It's also not that stiff as a structure.

Edited by therealjustin

@therealjustin Yes, you are correct in both. The chain line can be adjusted though, but so to say: it is not in the 1/2 stud - 1stud system. The swingarm is made of LEGO... I don't expect more than how it can handle the forces honestly. As display model, it is OK for me.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:32 PM, gvo25 said:

defective molding

Pressure to low on fluid or cutoff too early.

Sloppy setup of programming the extrusion machine.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:50 PM, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Pressure to low on fluid or cutoff too early.

Sloppy setup of programming the extrusion machine.

Another reason could be bad temperature control during the injection moulding. The injected plastic was not hot enough or the mould cooled the flow too fast. Both can be an indication of trying to save time, cranking up the production speed in order to lower the cost per part. Not a good evolution for a self proclamed premium brand with their marketing and prices based on high quality bricks.

Anyone know when this set is supposed to release in the USA? All other Technic sets say coming on August 24, but the Ducati only says "coming soon". I have been waiting for this set since May, has anybody found any copies at retail?

21 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Anyone know when this set is supposed to release in the USA? All other Technic sets say coming on August 24, but the Ducati only says "coming soon". I have been waiting for this set since May, has anybody found any copies at retail?

Lots of Targets for them out early. I grabbed one a week ago. 

According to Target staff on the interwebs (so take this with a bowl of salt) each store only got 3 in the first shipment. 

Yep picked one up from Target last week, amazingly there are still some on the shelf.

Definitely a noticeable color difference with those pins too, not even really close to being the same red but at least all of them are the same color.

I really like this set, it was a fun build and I can't wait to start making some B models with it.

It does seem a bit flimsy though, more for display than play. I am okay with that too, just seems like those front forks want to bend more than they should and for obvious reasons the swingarm flexes a great deal.

Got it today for ~43EUR. There was discounts in one shop. Standard price here is around 70EUR.

Haven't built it yet, but I already have complains :)

Why they didn't made that new rear tire really fat as it is on original? Anyway they were making new tire. It is now really flat. 

Something more about the motorcycle could have been it that instructions book, just some one/two more pages would have been enough.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:32 PM, gvo25 said:

seems Lego is dropping the ball big time in quality control

This happens since they invented the molding.
Cause, temperature too low, pressure to low.

Quality control is near to impossible, you can't check every piece that comes out of the molding process.

I received these mismoldings every now and then of the last 50 years and received new parts always within a few days.