@BrickMonkeyMOCs Your idea is working, but it decreases the rpm of the crankshaft, which is also very visible. I understand why it is not implemented than, I can hear people complaining about why the pistons barely move.

I must admit, it is a good design.

10 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

@agrof @BrickMonkeyMOCs why not replace the 3 16t gears in a row with 12t - 20t clutch - 12t and use 2x 16t to drive the crankshaft? That should work.

I don't have a 20t clutch gear to test, but I can see that the lower 16t gear would hit the shifting liftarm when changing gears. So some further modification would be needed, unless you only change gears when stationary.

1 hour ago, agrof said:

@steph77 This is what I described above, and will just start to test. This eliminates 1 silicon rubber band. @BrickMonkeyMOCs wrote about the second one. I will check this too.

I am on holiday, it is raining, what better occupation, than build! :moar:

EDIT:

So, I replaced, and as assumed - the designers are not plane stupid at Lego. :tongue: Now at least we know why:

1. the shifting force is significantly higher, almost feels and hears, like something is going to break
  2. there is a lot (see: a LOT) play of the lever. Almost 90°...

End of test, the original design is valid.

Is it possible to use the older 2L driving ring? The ribbed axle connectors used for that one have a much lower friction than the new 3L axle joiners. But of course either the gears have to move one stud, or the switch has to move half a stud when using a driving ring extension. No idea whether that is feasible in this model.

I don't have the 20t clutch gear, so I leave this for somebody else.

@Jeroen Ottens The idea is good, but it is already MOCing area for me. Despite the rubber bands, I actually like the original design, and the feel of the shifting can be described really as premium. I can flip the lever for minutes.

And now something comletely different: headlights again... I think I will keep that. I must give myself a compliment, I like this Streetfighter MOD much more, than the original set. Ok, I pass it to the designer, as this was very simple to do, as the base is really good! :grin_wub:

800x439.jpg

2 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Guys, do we already have any video review?

Sure, here's one (totally random :innocent:) example:

22 hours ago, kbalage said:

Sure, here's one (totally random :innocent:) example:

Thanks Mate! I appreciate this!

@blondasek if you take a closer look, the color of those pieces are the same as the color of the 11214 pieces, and those are also called "red". I think that's a different type of plastic used, a similar situation like the different shade of lime for the same pieces in the Lamborghini set. 

4 minutes ago, kbalage said:

@blondasek if you take a closer look, the color of those pieces are the same as the color of the 11214 pieces, and those are also called "red". I think that's a different type of plastic used, a similar situation like the different shade of lime for the same pieces in the Lamborghini set. 

Correct, I have that pins in two different colours, just not in that set - here pins are in normal red.

i have already wrote to Lego with all the box details, hope they will send me the correct colour parts.

i was just curious how big that problem is. That is also a reason why I am waiting with lambo - that is the reply I’ve got from Lego about 42115:
I’m sorry you’re unhappy with the colour of some of the LEGO® 42115 Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 parts. There can be differences in colour from time to time, but any variations should only be very, very slight. For new sets, you can see color difference for parts that use different types of plastic, it should be barely noticeable and I will pass on your comments of what you saw and that you don't like it.

To answer your question, we would only change a part if there was a serious issue or if enough fans tell us about it and it becomes an issue. Even after that, it wouldn't be right away, we would carefully try to make it better and change that process for a future set.

I've let our quality team know about your helpful comments”

I have cut out usual stuff. I have attached links to your review and Sariel’s one as well. I am waiting to see if the next batch will have a correct colours. 

@blondasek Same here, to me the 22961 parts look more dark red, almost like the wheels on the London bus.

@kbalage I don't think it is different material than the liftarms, but even if they are indeed different, the color should match.

56904.png

I agree, we should give feedback by claiming, and build critical mass to build push on TLG for quality improvement. At the end of the day we are talking about premium toys/products.

Edited by agrof

27 minutes ago, agrof said:

@kbalage I don't think it is different material than the liftarms, but even if they are indeed different, the color should match.

I agree, we should give feedback by claiming, and build critical mass to build push on TLG for quality improvement. At the end of the day we are talking about premium toys/products.

I don't think it's a very big deal, but of course everyone is free to complain about it at TLG. I noticed the slight difference during building but honestly I wasn't able to take a decent photo of it where it'd be really noticeable, so I decided not to include it in my review. 

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

Yeah I was wondering about the type of plastic too. I have a couple of these red parts:

250x250p.jpg

and they are noticeably darker than red liftarms, but also the plastic feels different, and not shiny like the liftarms.

Well, it happened many times in the past with other colors, for example different shades of yellow, lime, even blue can be more blue or less. 

I think if all same color parts will be produced in same factory it's much easier to check quality of the color. Because its really hard to match color to other factory even using same dye you can get very different saturations. 

I know a bit paints business and it mostly depend on dye suppliers. Even same looking dye can give you slightly different color. 

So all in all it's easy to blame TLG for colors but I think they do a really good job. Of course it could be improved for that money you pay for premium toy :pir-hmpf:

Feedback is the soil of improvement. It is important on every field of life. If TLG takes it as a note and acts accordingly, that is another question. The other way of giving feedback is not to buy Lego, but it gives no insights for the company, what went wrong, why the feelings escalated. I find the latter is the worse choice, there is no room left to cure the issues.

I hope they get this sorted out, I noticed some differences on the red pieces on my 42082 as well. May seem like a small thing to some people but it is really important to me. Won't stop me from buying this set eventually though.

Edited by dabo

7 hours ago, agrof said:

The other way of giving feedback is not to buy Lego, but it gives no insights for the company, what went wrong, why the feelings escalated. I find the latter is the worse choice, there is no room left to cure the issues.

Even though it’s obviously not intended, your comment could be twisted to mean that you should buy a Lego model regardless of whether it’s good or bad lol

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Even though it’s obviously not intended, your comment could be twisted to mean that you should buy a Lego model regardless of whether it’s good or bad lol

I don't see how one can twist the meaning to get your conclusion... especially if one reads the whole comment, and not only a part of it.

It was all about the importance of written/verbal detailed feedback, and not about buying stuff regardless you like it or not. 

Edited by agrof

58 minutes ago, agrof said:

I don't see how one can twist the meaning to get your conclusion... especially if one reads the whole comment, and not only a part of it.

It was all about the importance of written/verbal detailed feedback, and not about buying stuff regardless you like it or not. 

Sorry, what I mean is that the way you've worded it could be interpreted as saying that there are only two options: buy the set and provide feedback, or not buy it and not provide feedback.

The other way...

vs

Another way...

It's a small quirk of the English language, but the first implies that not buying the set and not providing feedback are mutually exclusive, which obviously isn't the case. I know you didn't mean it, but some people could still misunderstand

Edited by Bartybum

Two people walked into a new age ‘don’t waste the planet’ restaurant one day and ordered some food.

-'Ewww! This tastes like... like actual Sh*t!'

-'Let me taste…Ewww oh man I think it is! You cant eat that its actual sh*t, come on let’s leave that’s disgusting'

-‘No we cant just leave they might not know why we left. I’m going to eat it and then leave some feedback on why they shouldn’t serve that’

@Bartybum I might have worded this indeed even more accurate, but I think you lost the focus about the topic we were discussing. If one wants to understand, than he/she will. I give you this point though.

4 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Two people walked into a new age ‘don’t waste the planet’ restaurant one day and ordered some food.

-'Ewww! This tastes like... like actual Sh*t!'

-'Let me taste…Ewww oh man I think it is! You cant eat that its actual sh*t, come on let’s leave that’s disgusting'

-‘No we cant just leave they might not know why we left. I’m going to eat it and then leave some feedback on why they shouldn’t serve that’

Hmmm, this is totally out of place. Not even the comparison stands.

We are not talking about going into an unknown shop order fundamentally sh*t and eating sh*t once it was payed, No Sir! 

We are talking about visiting your favorite place and order a coffee and a cake. The cake is delicious but came with slightly too dominant dressing (i.e.: too sour). Maybe just a tiny tweak (less sour ingredient - see less pigment in the ABS here) in the receipt turns the combination for the best dessert ever. As you basically like the cake, and LOVE the place where you ordered it, you want to help them to make it even better. So you just tell to the owner, that: look it was very good as usual, but in this one just a less sour dressing would it make perfect. They will for sure appreciate, maybe even check it and tell: Oh, you are right, thank You for helping us! And next time you go there, you will be satisfied totally.

Translation to LEGO: we are on a LEGO forum, where people gathered to express their passion and love for the products. This means we are interested in improvements, and in order to let our voice heard, we have feedback as tool. We should use this power.

Edited by agrof

10 minutes ago, agrof said:

Hmmm, this is totally out of place. Not even the comparison stands.

Lmao I totally agree with that, I read it and thought jeez, bit far

Well they did try to order what they thought was an expensive tasty meal…

Well, anyway, I thought it was humorous (if indeed farfetched) representation that was just trying to lighten the day.

Carry on.

6 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Well they did try to order what they thought was an expensive tasty meal…

Well, anyway, I thought it was humorous (if indeed farfetched) representation that was just trying to lighten the day.

Carry on.

Don't worry, I had a good laugh. Then again, thanks to my kids I've become a connoisseur of poop jokes... :snicker: