2 hours ago, AussieBrett said:

Build is good.
Noticed some oddness in the manual, step 200? QR code after step 102 is a 404?
Unless I counted wrong, chain needs 1 less than indicated links?

Lego chains don't work very well when they're tight (give it a try), so a bit of slack is preferable.

I'm keen to know how flexible the new shocks are. From what I've seen they look much less so than the ones they replace (soft 9.5L) which barely needed a spring if one end was left detached. 

Edited by CrankyCraig

2 hours ago, CrankyCraig said:

Lego chains don't work very well when they're tight (give it a try), so a bit of slack is preferable.

It's true. They chain doesn't fully follow the gears shape and have some stress when rotates with high tension (it jumps a bit over gears' teeth) wich reminds a bit a bad-placed cardan (universal) joint.

I tried it with one link removed. It's possible to close the chain, but it's too tight. The rear axle get a little bit flexed, and is under tension.

The new shocks look nice, but are  bit too flimsy for my taste, and they are angled way too far to the front. It's a superbike, not a chopper... :P The brake discs are awesome though, they look a lot like the discs on my real bikes.

Looks good next to the BMW by the way :)

9ylQIk2BV8iv07hIpQYdesd4.jpg

4 hours ago, pluisje said:

The new shocks look nice, but are  bit too flimsy for my taste

Noooooo! :cry2:

...no doubt I'll still buy it :snicker:

Sticker sheets were loose. Luckily they included a second one in case the first got crumpled. That really helps, lol.

dY9sTpS.jpg

The set is good though. A nice step up from previous Technic bikes. The gearbox works fine, though the rubber band connecting the drive to the engine is an odd choice. The flex-plastic windshield is alright (nicely attached with a pair of red katana), and I like the shaping around the headlights.

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

In case anyone had been waiting, Bricks & Pieces is now available in the US. I grabbed the new brake discs and a wide rear tire.

I like the Ducati but the motorbike in your profile photo @therealjustin is much better! Where can I see more photos of it?

Did somebody manage to add a front fender?

5 minutes ago, mpj said:

I like the Ducati but the motorbike in your profile photo @therealjustin is much better! Where can I see more photos of it?

Did somebody manage to add a front fender?

I think it's a Ducati-fied 42036

I built mine yesterday and I noticed 2 things, part 22961 is the wrong color red, but after contact with Lego service new ones are sent. The rear tyre is against the  black beam 2, on the paddock stand and therefor the bottom of the wheel is pushed to the right. I checked the instructions and pictures, I don't think I made a mistake but it needs a modification.

Imho the rear mudguard looks a little strange, because it is not straight/symmetrical.

I really like the use of the swords to hold the windscreen.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good set, but it needs some modifications. 

Edited by vliet

Remove the panels, swap some colors, and you got a Streetfighter V4 track racer. :wink:
1280x720.jpg

Edited by agrof

Agrof, that was my next idea, or maybe my idea for the second set ?

The rain was gone this morning, so I made some photo's with my real Ducati :)

mUizwK2.jpg

WuPlZgW.jpg

It's a 749 instead of a Panigale, but close enough imo :)

@vliet I noticed the same thing with the axle/pin-connectors. I thought it was just general crap qualitycontrol on colours these days, but you actually got new ones? Maybe I should report mine as well then...

Edited by pluisje

@pluisjeI haven't got new ones yet, but they are sent to me. The lady at customer service told me, that if there are more people with this complaint, the sooner it will change. So please call them if necessary.

I saw the same issue in Sariels review of the Lamborghini Sian, but of course in green

Edited by vliet

1 hour ago, vliet said:

@pluisjeI haven't got new ones yet, but they are sent to me. The lady at customer service told me, that if there are more people with this complaint, the sooner it will change. So please call them if necessary.

I saw the same issue in Sariels review of the Lamborghini Sian, but of course in green

Ah, I used the "report broken parts" function first, got automatically denied there. Probably because I reported all 8 parts. I've sent them an email now, as I'm not in a hurry and I assumed the phone service is closed on a weekend-evening :)

11 hours ago, vliet said:

The rear tyre is against the  black beam 2, on the paddock stand and therefor the bottom of the wheel is pushed to the right. I checked the instructions and pictures, I don't think I made a mistake but it needs a modification.

Same with mine. Checked the instructions multiple time and am sure I didn't make a mistake. It's just not wide enough the way it is now. 

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the disc brake in this set is different from the one in the Bugatti. The one in this set is in LBG, while the one in the Bugatti is in DBG. So there are two colors for this part now.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

1 hour ago, jfbat said:

Same with mine. Checked the instructions multiple time and am sure I didn't make a mistake. It's just not wide enough the way it is now. 

I think it's intentional to stabilize the bike. I rotated the 2L liftarm to get it away from the tyre, but that way the bike falls over. It works better if you put a 2L axlepin in the first hole instead of the 3L axle-pin in the 3rd hole. More realistic as well, a real paddockstand pivots at the end of the arm, not somewhere halfway. With the original setup you wouldn't even be able to lever the paddockstand under the bike :) (Ignoring the whole idea that this is a singlesided swingarm, but with Lego parts I don't see a way to have a paddockstand with a pin that goes inside the rear axle, like a real one :) )

pCl2oM0.jpg

U9U8rSN.jpg

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the disc brake in this set is different from the one in the Bugatti. The one in this set is in LBG, while the one in the Bugatti is in DBG. So there are two colors for this part now.

Hm, didn't notice that... You're right :) It looks like the Sian has it in DBG as well, so the LBG one is unique to this set :) Weird that they'd create a new colour for the disc for this set only, instead of just making the front discs DBG as well... LBG is a more realistic colour for brakediscs ofcourse, but apparently they made the decision to make the Bugatti / Sian discs in DBG anyway.

I have a halfway assembled Bugatti here, so I made a quick comparison pic:

legobrake.jpg

Edited by pluisje

17 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

That photo makes it look like the two disc brake hubs aren't the same size either.

They are the same size, it's the same Design ID. They look a bit different because I didn't line them up 100% straight for the photo, and they aren't rotated in the same orientation. I didn't want to remove them from the other half of the hubs, as they're very hard to get out and I don't want to damage anything :)

On 6/6/2020 at 6:37 PM, agrof said:

Remove the panels, swap some colors, and you got a Streetfighter V4 track racer. :wink:
1280x720.jpg

And who said there's no B model? :tongue:

Small comparisation betwen the old Motorbike shocks and the ducatis

on the Left the hardest, on the right the Ducati and softest. length is 11 studs. Travel 2 Studs.

49979306968_702be9e52b_c.jpg

The Ducati shocks are a little bit softer than the black ones.

Just picked up mine and the new suspension is quite soft and very smooth. I found that is well built but easy to take apart without damage if desired. There is one potential issue though. The back piece is the piece that ultimately limits the travel so in theory, if you compressed the spring hard enough the rear end could pop out. But this is only a theory and I'm sure they tested it for strength, so it's probably not likely to happen in practice.

As you can see the internal spring is tiny! If you can find stiffer springs of the same size it would be easy to change.

ducati_spring.png

Full spring compression takes around 400-420g. The front spring strength is perfect for this bike as it compresses both springs just a little bit under the weight of the bike.

Edited by allanp