Apparently it's hit the shelves in local Kmart stores in Australia already. $79 which I thought was a decent price all things considered 

16 minutes ago, MarkyMark42 said:

Apparently it's hit the shelves in local Kmart stores in Australia already. $79 which I thought was a decent price all things considered 

Jesus that’s a good price. Wish I had the money to buy it lol

1 hour ago, MarkyMark42 said:

Man, you guys live on the other side of the globe from denmark and can pick this thing up in your local supermarket (or is K mart more of a walmart type thing?), and here i am, less then 1000km from billund and i know ill have to wait probably another two weeks before i can buy this thing, lego is weird man.

4 hours ago, vectormatic said:

(or is K mart more of a walmart type thing?), 

More of a department store, not as wide ranging as Walmart. 

It's a decent price but I'm waiting for a toy sale. I want the lambo and dodge too, the wallet can only handle so much :laugh:

2 of these, Sian, then I already bought charger and that circus set for parts. Understnd me right - I'm not killing my wallet, but wife will kill me definately.

Well, i was expecting it to take a while before i could get my hands on it, turns out our amazon equivalent had it for sale already, and with a tasty 4 euro discount no less! Should be delivered to my door tomorrow even!

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

stonks

quite, honestly i dont care tbh, this set is cheap enough that im not bothering with waiting for a substantial discount, anything above 100 euros i will wait for 20% off at least, this though.. no point in waiting for months just for a few euros.

29 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

quite, honestly i dont care tbh, this set is cheap enough that im not bothering with waiting for a substantial discount, anything above 100 euros i will wait for 20% off at least, this though.. no point in waiting for months just for a few euros.

Yeah any discount is fine this short after realease :thumbup:

I am not a bike guy, but it looks like a cool model to me. If y'all can pick it up for like 40-45 EUR in a few months its actually not a bad deal 

3 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Yeah any discount is fine this short after realease :thumbup:

I am not a bike guy, but it looks like a cool model to me. If y'all can pick it up for like 40-45 EUR in a few months its actually not a bad deal 

yeah, the part count is quite high, and there is sooo much more detail and extra function compared to 42036, which went for 40 bucks MSRP

Which reminds me, off to bricklink to see if the parts are listed already, my 42036 will need some upgrades to keep up with the real Duc

Got mine yesterday... It is a good build. Had some minor troubles building it as i"m used to build from online/pdf-instructions. The instructions were not available online yet.

49952175282_0dde5d26b2_c.jpg

1 minor mod.. Can you spot it?

2 minutes ago, JunkstyleGio said:

1 minor mod.. Can you spot it?

The brake and clutch levers?

4 hours ago, Cardboy said:

Is there a part list available yet? Thanks.

There is https://brickset.com/inventories/42107-1 :)

It is incomplete, though. The windshield is missing, as well as another part, but I don't know which one (brickset says the inventory has 644 of the 646 parts).

10 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

What happened to the release for this set? Delayed?

It's out in Europe, seems like Aug 1 for NA, not sure about anywhere else... I don't understand why such a large gap. Thought maybe VIP would have access June 1. Might be a logistical issue with getting the sets to NA given everything that's going on.

49972005086_1e6a8e4c2e_b.jpg

The front wheel on 10269 Harley Davidson looks much nicer with the new tire used on the Ducati's rear wheel!:grin:
Though clearance from the front fender is reduced, there's no interference!

I now have the set what are peoples thoughts on the front shocks?

They seem like there just covered springs and no dampening effect winch I find a little disappointing.

No place for disappointment, speaking of LEGO, having built-in damper especially in this size is very unrealistic expectation. Once, it is simply not needed (what for would be for such a manual model?), second it would skyrocket the price - no wonder the old dampened shocks were discontinued.

For RC hobby cars it makes sense, but only where speed is relevant, f.e.: dirt track race. Even many RC crawler driver rides without oil in the dampers, simply due there is no need for dampening.

Build is good.
Noticed some oddness in the manual, step 200? QR code after step 102 is a 404?
Unless I counted wrong, chain needs 1 less than indicated links?

Edited by AussieBrett

Not for this but for future applications.

The previous damper just uses a simple rubbed collar to create friction on the return which could have easily been added to it with minimal cost.

I think the original damper was discontinued for two reasons they were bulky and the first version for the Super Street all broke as the rubber they used was not very good and so they had to replace them.

2 minutes ago, AussieBrett said:

Build is good.
Noticed some oddness in the manual, step 200?
Unless I counted wrong, chain needs 1 less than indicated links?

Normal Lego practice the chain is always a bit saggy you can remove a link but then that will put a bit more stress on it so they always play safe, and it's easier to connect if you don't have much dexterity.