37 minutes ago, agrof said:

@Void_S Wow, thank You! :thumbup:

I think the first MOD must be to place the rear shock in it's proper place.

*snip*

Might be a bit hard because of the wide engine block in the way :S

Just now, Bartybum said:

Might be a bit hard because of the wide engine block in the way :S

Yeah, it takes all the place inside. I would say this model has the biggest engine among TLG bikes.

There is an empty pinhole on the left rear engine cylinder, which is in line with the swingarm. There is a simple way by using this part:

Lego Technic, Steering Arm with Pins

800x579.jpg

The only question is: how much this geometry settings softens up the suspension... maybe too much.

Edited by agrof
added pic

22 minutes ago, agrof said:

The only question is: how much this geometry settings softens up the suspension... maybe too much.

Oh I doubt it'd be THAT much, it's a hard spring.

27 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Oh I doubt it'd be THAT much, it's a hard spring.

It can be still too soft... other potential issue is the torsional forces. Maybe the whole swingarm will be deformed during operation, these are things which can be tested only in real life.

Also, I am sure, the designer had the reason to deviate from such a characterisitic feature, would be great to figure out that.

Punish me! :sweet:

(Or use a 3L axle with stop + 1/2 bush.)

37 minutes ago, agrof said:

other potential issue is the torsional forces.

That's the biggest issue I'd be worried about here

4 minutes ago, therealjustin said:

Ducati actually switched back to a more conventional suspension with the V4, V4S, and V4R. :wink:

Yes, it's likely-vertical mounted single shock absorber with yellow sprung. Possibly, the real-life model also have no space for other suspension geometry due to oversized engine:

2018Motocycles___Ducati_Red_Ducati_Panig

47 minutes ago, therealjustin said:

Ducati actually switched back to a more conventional suspension with the V4, V4S, and V4R. :wink:

Thanks for the info, for some years I am out of the motorcycling world, so did not follow up the model evolution. What a beast... I wouldn't dare to drive it, though I had a ZRX1200R for some years (it was a very friendly monster).

On 4/17/2020 at 5:46 PM, rm8 said:

gearbox idea

I took the existing gears and driveshafts (the ones I was able to catch at the phots and building video -  the quality of poor enough, plus some steep were done out of the camera sight) and added some gears were "invisible". I can't promise that it's 100%-accurate but should be very close the real set, as some placements give no "second options" to put something else.

So, the gearbox

800x450.jpg

• White - the "final" gearing that goes to the chain and then to the rear wheel
  • Orange - gearbox pedal with changeover catch (I excluded the ratchet, it's quite simple)
  • Red - the gears for the 1st gear
  • Blue - the 2nd gear
  • Green - the common shaft that is always connected to both "gears"
  • Yellow - the second shaft that is connected to crankshaft of the engine with 1/2 bush via rubber band (not shown here)

And, how it works!

1st gear (in red): Engine > 1:1 rubber band > 12:20 > 16:16 > 16:16 > 16:16 > 16:16 > to chain (see below). Effective ratio is 12:20 + chain gears ratio of 16:24.

800x450.jpg

2nd gear (in blue): Engine > 1:1 rubber band > 12:20 > 20:12 > 16:16 > 16:16 > 16:16 > to chain (see below). Effective ratio is 1:1 + chain gears ratio of 16:24.

800x450.jpg

@Void_S Thanks for the detailed analysis of the gearbox. Looks almost to complex now that there are two different sizes for the clutch gears (as in the video). Maybe there are other constraints and hey, more gears for us!

49924198371_e88cfd190b_b.jpg

There are not that much differences on the ducatt and the old "ducattified" 42036... :wink:

Stil looks fine and the gearbox is something to look forward to.

Edited by JunkstyleGio
tekst

56 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Link to awesome video. 

Thank's very much for sharing this. The same person also has a 'review' video, which better showcases the features.

The front shock seems less flexy than the one it replaces from previous sets, which is a good thing, but I'm a bit disappointed to see the axle rotating as it's rolled along as I'd hoped to be able to fit working brakes to those lovely new discs. 

21 minutes ago, CrankyCraig said:

but I'm a bit disappointed to see the axle rotating as it's rolled along as I'd hoped to be able to fit working brakes to those lovely new discs. 

You probably still can in some way. If the axle were fixed then the wheel rims would need to have pinholes, which would suck a fair bit

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

You probably still can in some way. If the axle were fixed then the wheel rims would need to have pinholes, which would suck a fair bit

Yes, in a big way, it would be difficult to provide power to the wheel. 

3 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Yes, in a big way, it would be difficult to provide power to the wheel. 

Not necessarily, the wheels can connect to a wheel hub

It is available now in Sweden for the equivalent of ~57 EUR including shipping. Really close to pushing the buy button. :)

Edited by dabo

3 hours ago, dabo said:

It is available now in Sweden for the equivalent of ~57 EUR including shipping. Really close to pushing the buy button. :)

It says up for sale in Aug 1 in USA...

also i thought it wa supposed to be priced at $59.99 but on the site is $69.99 :/