10 hours ago, mortenm said:

You could use two thin 2L liftarms

You mean this?

250x250p.jpg?1579392232.2812295

If yes, on Lego shock absorbers it won't work, as there is no axle type crossection. In my picture I just created something similar to that new shock absrober, to show possible solution.

OK, maybe just one 3L halfbeam will be possible to use (I have two there), maybe nothing will fit on that new shock absorber.

It seems removable, as there is also that notch, gap, where it is possible to insert some small screwdriver, and then push out that dbg? part from that grey one. Yes it may be already attached at factory, but it seems removable.

Strange, that noone has parts list.

It seems removable as in 6.5L shocks. It is possible, but nobody usually does this.

14 hours ago, zux said:

It seems removable as in 6.5L shocks. It is possible, but nobody usually does this.

I have made it several times, but black clips on black part with spring are not made for more than one time, otherwise plastic clips do not hold shock together...so my suggestion - live it as it is made by LEGO. 

17 hours ago, Jurss said:

You mean this?

250x250p.jpg?1579392232.2812295

If yes, on Lego shock absorbers it won't work, as there is no axle type crossection. In my picture I just created something similar to that new shock absrober, to show possible solution.

OK, maybe just one 3L halfbeam will be possible to use (I have two there), maybe nothing will fit on that new shock absorber.

Ah of course, I missed that. Sorry :classic:

On 4/17/2020 at 4:46 PM, rm8 said:

gearbox idea

the engine should be in the middle of the frame. It seems ok for the rear shock absorber to be offset, but not the engine.
I was hoping a sequential gearbox, but at least, there's one...

I like the look of this one, although I prefer vehicles with 4 or more wheels this could definitely be by first Lego purchase this year.

3 hours ago, Technicallism said:

Can someone suggest how to RC this set?

This should give you some ideas. Won't be easy to keep it looking like a panigale though, and you'd best buy a second one if you want it shiny for the display cabinet!

If anyone can do it, @Green Gecko can (these are their videos). Fwiw I'd definitely pay money for instruction on how to motorise this kit.

Edited by amorti

I agree but basicly the lego motors are not thin enough to insert them into sportbikes (with the current wheel scaling) and keep the smooth lines.   You'll always have to pay up for it in looks and/or functionality

I'd argue that it's not even the motors which are the problem, but rather the battery box

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 12:53 AM, Lego Rider said:

the engine should be in the middle of the frame. It seems ok for the rear shock absorber to be offset, but not the engine.
I was hoping a sequential gearbox, but at least, there's one... 

I think, on that point, that TLG makes the good choice.

We all know they are able to built it.

I think here it is a compromise solution between both one step beyond in design and on another hand, one step further in technical aspect.

My point is that to acheive a sequenbtial gearbox, having only two speeds is a non-sence approch. you need at least 4 speeds to be a little credible and a sequential mecha with stepper for just two speeds probably had makes all of us well laughing.

Building a sequential 4 is also possible but at the price of a bulky mecha that just won't fit in this italian design.

Just my point of view. (i personnaly rate this bike 9/10)

Steph.

2 hours ago, Lachouffe said:

I agree but basicly the lego motors are not thin enough to insert them into sportbikes (with the current wheel scaling) and keep the smooth lines.   You'll always have to pay up for it in looks and/or functionality

I reckon a buggy motor could work. I saw a comment somewhere that the bike would be unbalanced because the buggy motor is asymmetrical, but it seems to me that starting the steering weight a tooth or two over on its gear rack, or balancing the buwizz half or a whole stud over in the chassis, could fix that.

You'd probably still be doing well to fit it all within the same panelling TLG has used, but I'd be willing to make compromises on scale if I could have an RC Lego Ducati.

Edited by amorti

looks like someone already bought it and built/reviewed it:

I hope it's OK to post this, can delete it if not.

Happy Building, S

Wow, I can’t wait for this one! Hopefully international shipping won’t be too much since I can’t wait another two months for this!

Interesting to see how a non-technic person reviews a our favourite Lego theme. His main criticism is the missing seat and the little winglets not being fixed in position.  

Although many complain about the simple instructions of Lego, I think the video shows that they do it right.

The speed-build is super professional!

Oooh! Nice! Time to start modding, albeit digitally for now.

I still find it utterly bizarre that this arrives on August 1st here in the US.

@Void_S Wow, thank You! :thumbup:

I think the first MOD must be to place the rear shock in it's proper place.

Ducati-1199-Panigale-frame-CAD-03.jpg?resize=770%2C515&ssl=1

Edited by agrof