Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I should have been explained myself better I will stop buying Lego because even the new pieces are bad or loudicrously spedific, I always wanted to use this word since I saw Spaceballs :laugh: 

Just don't use "12345678" as password :laugh_hard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checke last comments and didn't found answer - could there be new differentials used, as I see some red gear on axle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jurss said:

I checke last comments and didn't found answer - could there be new differentials used, as I see some red gear on axle?

I think someone somewhere mentioned that there would be new differentials on the axles and old style in the middle so 4 differentials total, 3 of which are new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Just don't use "12345678" as password :laugh_hard:

Nice one :laugh: , the light speed scene made me laugh until asthma attack :cry_sad: .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

Nice one :laugh: , the light speed scene made me laugh until asthma attack :cry_sad: .

Or when they use giant brushes in desert :iamded_lol:

Back to Volvo, I agree with you new motors are really too big (for my MOCs) so 99% that I'll quit Lego when i use all of motors I have in my MOCs (OK it is not going to happen tomorrow but could in 5-10 years)

As already mentioned I like bonnet shape of Volvo but do not like "axle based" mini fake engine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lever to control the gearbox seems to be the new (from Bugatti) orange one. The L-Motor controls this lever with app. In neutral mode, the motor turns 90 degrees and the gearbox is unlocked, for driving or tipping the motor rotates -90 or +90 to select the gearbox. The app knows when you trigger the driving mode (and the gearbox is in proper position), so the different speeds are from software controlling different XL-speeds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Timorzelorzworz said:

The lever to control the gearbox seems to be the new (from Bugatti) orange one. The L-Motor controls this lever with app. In neutral mode, the motor turns 90 degrees and the gearbox is unlocked, for driving or tipping the motor rotates -90 or +90 to select the gearbox. The app knows when you trigger the driving mode (and the gearbox is in proper position), so the different speeds are from software controlling different XL-speeds

With the wave selector (orange thing of the bugatti), it is possible to select gears on 2 axes (we don't see the second axe on the picture). It makes 4 different positions of the gearbox.

I think that the neutral mode and the tipping mode are the same. It makes one position for tipping/neutral and 3 positions for selecting different driving speeds. The reverse is done by selecting gear 1 and driving in reverse (the app lock the possibility to drive backward in 3rd gear).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

With the wave selector (orange thing of the bugatti), it is possible to select gears on 2 axes (we don't see the second axe on the picture). It makes 4 different positions of the gearbox.

I think that the neutral mode and the tipping mode are the same. It makes one position for tipping/neutral and 3 positions for selecting different driving speeds. The reverse is done by selecting gear 1 and driving in reverse (the app lock the possibility to drive backward in 3rd gear).

Agreed - with C+ you don't need a 'neutral' as you can just not power the XL motor, right? I really like this implementation. 3 motors and we have a 3 speed gearbox, drive, steering and tipping. Only limitation is you can't tip and drive at the same time (not really that big a deal - my guess is the speed at which you can switch from R or 1st and tipping will be nice and quick anyway).

Edited by JonathanM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

With the wave selector (orange thing of the bugatti), it is possible to select gears on 2 axes (we don't see the second axe on the picture). It makes 4 different positions of the gearbox.

I think that the neutral mode and the tipping mode are the same. It makes one position for tipping/neutral and 3 positions for selecting different driving speeds. The reverse is done by selecting gear 1 and driving in reverse (the app lock the possibility to drive backward in 3rd gear).

 

 

You're absolutely right. In the app screenshot, the tipping function has a green light and the mode is in N, which means just tipping is available. I guess that the app disables the tipping buttons when the stick goes to any driving mode and vise versa. The driving and steering function is disabled on N. It is an interesting mix of app Interface and physical gearbox, not that boring as expected. Beside that on N (tipping) it is possible to move the truck by hand

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

You're absolutely right. In the app screenshot, the tipping function has a green light and the mode is in N, which means just tipping is available. I guess that the app disables the tipping buttons when the stick goes to any driving mode and vise versa. The driving and steering function is disabled on N. It is an interesting mix of app Interface and physical gearbox, not that boring as expected

I wonder if N realy decouples the drivetrain so you can move the truck freely - or in other words: If you use the tipping function on a slope, the truck will roll away :<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The drivetrain has to be disconnected to send the power to the tipping function. We will have to unload on flat surfaces.

 

I think that it is the first time that Lego produces a remote controlled gearbox. I'm surprised that not many people are happy about it.

Edited by Akbalder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

I think that it is the first time that Lego produces a remote controlled gearbox.

Never forget #8043.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Akbalder said:

The drivetrain has to be disconnected to send the power to the tipping function. We will have to unload on flat surfaces.

But would it not be possible to connect the drivetrain to a fixed gear while tipping mode is active?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gimmick said:

But would it not be possible to connect the drivetrain to a fixed gear while tipping mode is active?

I don't think that's possible.

 

Are we sure that there is no suspension at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

Are we sure that there is no suspension at all?

Yup, haven’t you seen the pictures ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Akbalder said:

I don't think that's possible.

 

Are we sure that there is no suspension at all?

There should be a ball joint at the articulation point, but that's all to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

I'm not sure that the tiling of the wheel axel and the tiling of the tipper is the same on the picture.

No, it definitely looks like there's some oscillation there. Thing is, wouldn't it be listed with the other features if it were present?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The height between the wheel axel and the frame doesn't seem to be the same:

e4e9fe47f90fa16dd867758bdeea1244.jpg

Is it just the photo that give this impression?
Could there be a moving wheel axel made without any shock absorber?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally managed to reproduce the whole transmission/gearbox in 3D.

You're welcome to download it here : https://www.partage-temporaire.fr/2020/06/21/42113--42114-2/

(file available for 24 hours, feel free to rehost it at your convenience)

There are a lot of gears in there. Much more than I thought in the first place.

Obviously, the differential are the regular ones because red 28t clutch gear + cage is not available.

If you have any comment or observation, go ahead. =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.