1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Not sure if someone has noticed: the flagship box for both last year and this year no longer has the front flap.

I have noticed and commented on this also. I guess without a B model there was no need for it, as the functions of the A model can now go on the back. It is a shame thought.

22 hours ago, allanp said:

I guess without a B model there was no need for it

Don't worry I'm working on it :)

VOLVO G990 MOTOR GRADER SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL - Tradebit

Edited by eric trax

17 hours ago, eric trax said:

Excellent news! :thumbup:

On 7/19/2020 at 11:32 AM, dabo said:

For me personally it feels wrong to pay more for this than the 42082 which had a lot more parts especially when I have zero interest in C+. But I do think it would look good on the shelf. I’m in a pickle. :) 

I’m also not interested in the C+ stuff and prefer more bricks and complex builds than remote control. In the past there was an alternation of flagship sets with/without remote control. I hope Lego will come back to this philosophy and will provide at least every second year a flagship set that deserves that name ...

1 hour ago, WvG_853 said:

I’m also not interested in the C+ stuff and prefer more bricks and complex builds than remote control. In the past there was an alternation of flagship sets with/without remote control. I hope Lego will come back to this philosophy and will provide at least every second year a flagship set that deserves that name ...

Sounds good to me. :)

9 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Who is Luke Cragin? Why we have not ever heared about him and why he is right away responsible for a flagship model? :look:

Because evidently he's competent

20 hours ago, eric trax said:

VOLVO G990 MOTOR GRADER SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL - Tradebit

Knowing your skills I can hardly wait to see your version (but it wouldn't be 1:17 scale I assume)

Just now, I_Igor said:

Knowing your skills I can hardly wait to see your version (but it wouldn't be 1:17 scale I assume)

Yes, It will be in ~1:16 scale 

21 hours ago, eric trax said:

Now I am hyped :D

Just a fair warning: If you intending to use the LAs for raising/lowering the shield, I don't see any other way than to place the motors on the end, which will look really awkward... :-/

Especially the Grader is one of those vehicles that are crying to using pneumatics instead of LAs as the blade has such a high number of degrees of freedom.

Edited by Jundis

8 hours ago, Jundis said:

Now I am hyped :D

Just a fair warning: If you intending to use the LAs for raising/lowering the shield, I don't see any other way than to place the motors on the end, which will look really awkward... :-/

Especially the Grader is one of those vehicles that are crying to using pneumatics instead of LAs as the blade has such a high number of degrees of freedom. 

Or you could go for brickbuilt LAs, but I don't think 42114 has the parts for that.

update for app is available including the Volvo

The credits of the app names Michael T. Jeppesen as the designer

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

5 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

update for app is available including the Volvo

The credits of the app names Michael T. Jeppesen as the designer

Mic taking the credit again... Techlug credits him as the designer for 42055, despite the fact that both he and Olav worked on it. :laugh:

46 minutes ago, mortenm said:

Just bought it at the local supermarket with 35 % discount :thumbup:

Cool! Smyths should knock it down in no time. Morten - do let us know if your version has the same "quirks" as the one @Sariel reviewed.

Does anyone know if this set is available for VIPs on August 1st in the U.S.? Because the website says September 1st, but the rest of the Internet says August 1st. Is it a region thing? I would really like to know!

13 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Morten - do let us know if your version has the same "quirks" as the one @Sariel reviewed.

What quirks do you mean? Most of the issues were with the beta app for the review sets, otherwise they are exactly the same like the ones you can buy in the stores today.

45 minutes ago, kbalage said:

What quirks do you mean? Most of the issues were with the beta app for the review sets, otherwise they are exactly the same like the ones you can buy in the stores today.

That's what I mean - has the app been updated, or does it still cause the steering to freak out?

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

That's what I mean - has the app been updated, or does it still cause the steering to freak out?

During calibration the uncontrolled wiggling still happens occasionally. The calibration process seems to work better but it still has some issues. Rest of the functions have some improvement, I'll publish my video about it soon.

57 minutes ago, kbalage said:

During calibration the uncontrolled wiggling still happens occasionally. The calibration process seems to work better but it still has some issues. Rest of the functions have some improvement, I'll publish my video about it soon.

It would be good to know if the actual steering is still hard to use, as well.

Last week, I build it using my bricks (from other boxes) and Sariel’s speed build.
The only missing necessary part was 6317490 light grey Large Angular Motor (called "MOTOR, NO. 15" by Lego). So I bought 45602 light blue Large Angular Motor.
I was able to control the 3 motors with the BuWizz app, but it was difficult to change gear.

Today I tried the Control+ app. Yes!!! The Control+ app accepts the 45602 light blue Large Angular Motor!
Everything works fine (except the
uncontrolled wiggling during the calibration)

On 8/1/2020 at 11:42 AM, Maaboo35 said:

It would be good to know if the actual steering is still hard to use, as well.

Here's my video with the final Control+ profile:

Pros:

• improved calibration time and accuracy
  • default gear is 1st and not park, this means less gearbox switching and less stress on the gearbox
  • manual transmission stays in the selected gear when throttle is released

Cons:

• uncontrolled wiggling still happens occasionally during calibration
  • steering still feels laggy
  • no real automatic gearbox, does not shift down

On 7/22/2020 at 8:24 AM, WvG_853 said:

Excellent news! :thumbup:

I’m also not interested in the C+ stuff and prefer more bricks and complex builds than remote control.

That's because normally RC models have simple mechanics (1 motor = 1 function).

For example, among hundreds (!) of RC sports cars, that I have watched on YouTube, only one (!) attracted my attention.

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

Here's my video with the final Control+ profile:

• no real automatic gearbox, does not shift down

Indeed a missed opportunity.  :|

Does the angular motor work now correctly in PU?

47 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

Indeed a missed opportunity.  :|

Does the angular motor work now correctly in PU?

Nope, only the Spike Prime variant. I started to create the code for a proper automatic gearbox, still working on it:

1 minute ago, kbalage said:

Nope, only the Spike Prime variant. I started to create the code for a proper automatic gearbox, still working on it

Narf :(

Hoped the last update maybe fixed that.

Edited by Gimmick