I agree but I still want it. And I never apply stickers so I can pretend it is not a Volvo. ;)

Edited by dabo

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42114 has been spotted on shelf in my country (Vietnam).

That won't be really fun for the buyers as the app update usually happens around the official release date...

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

No photo description available.

Very interesting photo...

Maybe they put it too early  on the shelf.
Picture is from my 42115

20200603_143340-small.jpg

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra

24 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

No photo description available.

Thanks, it looks great next to 42100. People would think to play with both in one scenario and get disappointed by the scale not matching. But for a toy it's not that big problem

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

That won't be really fun for the buyers as the app update usually happens around the official release date...

I dont think there's gonna be many, or any, that would buy that set at the moment. Lego sets in VN are sold at 1.5 or 2 times the official retail price. The price tag for this set on the shelf is 365 EUR. Real Technic fans in VN will almost always wait for hand-carried sets or private shipments from dedicated vendors.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Is it known for sure about the differentials type in this Hauler?

"- 3 new differentials, " - are they from 42109 set?

44 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Is it known for sure about the differentials type in this Hauler?

"- 3 new differentials, " - are they from 42109 set?

There's been some discussion earlier, and it's confirmed that they're the new ones

On 7/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, Maaboo35 said:

Looks good next to 42081 as well! :thumbup:

Even better than with Liebherr, despite it is closest scale to Xerion (42054) and Mack...

Despite having only less than 2000 parts, this set receives the same double package treatment as the 42055 and 42082.

Okay this set is more technically interesting than i thought:

- It has a drive train that goes to a linear clutch that goes to a fixed dead end axle hole.
- The steering wheel works.
- The hazard light is connected to an axle with a button and can be rotated slightly to turn on the gearbox, because the green button faces inward, and apparently the battery box is not designed to be removable.

The design for this set is much more well-thought than I thought at first. 

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

56 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Henry did it

Henry and technic-reviews... :poke: I like him as a person, but some things are just strange and/or wrong.

Set seems to be nice =) the linear-clutch to dead-end is a break I think?

... *ploing* now watching @kbalage 's video.. :D

Edit: the calibration... xD I think it's not that easy to be sure that everything is correct if you only measure rotation speed and current.

Nice review and PU test :) Speed looks fine for me, I think it will be very heavy if loaded. But loading that thing seems to be something, that you've actually forgotten  ;)

Edited by Gimmick

Much more interesting than I initially thought, although it would really benefit from a proper suspension. Not sure if that's feasible though, considering the size of the gearbox.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It has a drive train that goes to a linear clutch that goes to a fixed dead end axle hole.

Why does it need this? Seems like it could have just gone into a pinhole instead?

19 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Th clutch is for gear shift, not for drivetrain

The clutch is not connected to the gear switch axle. Take a look at @kbalage 's review video.

@Magical Duck The clutch is only there to protect the gears/axles.

2 hours ago, Gimmick said:

But loading that thing seems to be something, that you've actually forgotten  ;)

Not forgotten, but I did not want to squeeze everything in one super long video ;) 

@Magical Duck The linear clutch acts as a break in "4th gear" when the wheels are fixed and the bed is operated. I guess there's a clutch there to protect the gearbox if someone tries to push it by hand in this position.

5 minutes ago, kbalage said:

The linear clutch acts as a break in "4th gear" when the wheels are fixed and the bed is operated. I guess there's a clutch there to protect the gearbox if someone tries to push it by hand in this position.

prevent the truck from rolling away on slopes in neutral/tipping postion. Clever design.