21 minutes ago, Andman said:

But I assume TLG focused more on C+ and it's possibilities

Yeah I think that's TLC's reasoning here too. They wanna have a go at using C+ as a servo

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Yeah I think that's TLC's reasoning here too. They wanna have a go at using C+ as a servo

And in the end... - and that's the beauty of bricks - if I don't like certain things, I can change them. Or at least try.

I think that we can see the new differential at the back.

It's a bit strange that the view of the back isn't symetric. Could the yellow part on the left be the top of a shock absorber?

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

I think that we can see the new differential at the back.

It would be good, because it means we'll get several new differentials simultaneously (considering it's a 6x6 vehicle).

Also there is a screenshot where the truck is moving up a hill. So it's going to be powerful!

This is the first time among the past several years that I dont buy the flagship set. My plan for this set right now only involves bricklink-ing all the parts to upgrade the bed for the 42030 B model, and maybe some more parts to upgrade the nose.

17 hours ago, Akbalder said:

see the new differential

Hmmm it looks that my eyes are not as good as they were once cause I really don't see it.

To me it looks like it has no suspension at all, not even a centre twist. I feel this set is going to be a big let down. On the plus side I do like the way they have done the tipping rams.

53 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Hmmm it looks that my eyes are not as good as they were once cause I really don't see it.

You  can see the red gear here:

differential.png

Just now, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Bingo...
Thats one

Most likely there are several new differentials inside.

Just now, Parazels said:

Most likely there are several new differentials inside.

If all axles are powered we can expect 3 sets of them..

Just now, JaBaCaDaBra said:

If all axles are powered we can expect 3 sets of them..

I'm expecting at least two ones.

Because I'm not sure they managed to connect the second axle, bearing in mind how much mechanics there are!

2 minutes ago, Lipko said:

So stacking 3 frames is the new standard of chassis building?
:/

I was thinking the same thing. The first time I noticed it was, I believe, in 42082; since then, it seems to have become rather recurrent, at least in larger sets. Very lazy building technique.

6 minutes ago, suffocation said:

I was thinking the same thing. The first time I noticed it was, I believe, in 42082; since then, it seems to have become rather recurrent, at least in larger sets. Very lazy building technique.

Let's not jump into conclusions and wait untill the hauler is available for a detailed review!

I hope the model has new (in other words - big) technnic frames!

So far I'm very impressed by its parts range and functions!

Edited by Parazels

18 minutes ago, Parazels said:

Let's not jump into conclusions and wait untill the hauler is available for a detailed review!

Not jumping to conclusions - the three stacked frames are clearly visible.

1 minute ago, howitzer said:

What exactly is wrong with stacking frames?

Maybe the idea of: less parts, easier design, higher profits.

Or just more stability. These frames seem not just a lot sturdier, but also more expensive than a pile of beams, pins and connectors. So the argument of "higher profits" seems questionable to me.

That being said, the more I see of this Hauler, the more I like it. It looks more complex and functional than it seemed on first sight. If it's likable enough to buy it, remains to be seen...

32 minutes ago, rener said:

more expensive

Au contraire..

ABS costs zilch compared to all other things that come around.
Big parts are just as cheap as small parts, just a drip of ABS extra.
The mold pays itself back.
Less pins, less beams, less (al kinds of) connectors and offcourse less stock.

On the other hand are the COMMON customers, not us but the people that just buy and build. (and find it normal that a set of 400 euro hangs on the ground due to weak springs)
"Oh wow... this goes much faster and easier" will be heard at evenings where dad is building (anything) with his kids.

3 hours ago, howitzer said:

What exactly is wrong with stacking frames?

It just doesn't look good. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I care about the looks of the chassis as well.
Well, actually, it's not just stacking frames, the new trend is stacking beams too…
Apart from looks, my problem with this that I don't think it gives that much extra stress, but adds to the weight and part count of the model, and hides interesting mechanisms.
As for more attachment points: well, most of those points are used up for fixing the stacked parts to each other.

Maybe I just don't have enough experience with it. Any time I almost used such a technique I found a much better solution (better looking, stronger and more possibilities to integrate it into the build).

Edited by Lipko

40 minutes ago, Lipko said:

It just doesn't look good. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I care about the looks of the chassis as well.
Well, actually, it's not just stacking frames, the new trend is stacking beams too…

+1. The Bugatti was terrible for this, and its suspension suffered. It just seems like there could be a more elegant solution.