3 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

The height between the wheel axel and the frame doesn't seem to be the same:

Actually it looks pretty flush to me. The A60H is a really wide beast, so of course narrower sections of the chassis would look out of scale or position when viewed from certain angles.

I'm wondering what the driving performance of the Volvo will be like.  42070 was pretty fast for its size, and that was with a PF XL motor connected almost directly to the center diff, only going through a few 16 tooth gears.  The Volvo will have the drive motor going through a gearbox with a large number of gears and shafts.  It's also presumably heavier with ~200 more pieces, an extra motor, and whatever load is placed in the dump box.  Consequently, I can't see it being faster than 42070 unless the PU XL motor puts out more power than the PF one.  

9 hours ago, Anio said:

I finally managed to reproduce the whole transmission/gearbox in 3D.

You're welcome to download it here : https://www.partage-temporaire.fr/2020/06/21/42113--42114-2/

(file available for 24 hours, feel free to rehost it at your convenience)

There are a lot of gears in there. Much more than I thought in the first place.

Obviously, the differential are the regular ones because red 28t clutch gear + cage is not available.

If you have any comment or observation, go ahead. =)

When trying to download this, I got a message that my Flashplayer might be outdated and then some malware tried to install itself... Do you have another hostingsite?

52 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

When trying to download this, I got a message that my Flashplayer might be outdated and then some malware tried to install itself... Do you have another hostingsite?

Different link:

https://filehorst.de/d/dyIaBcsC

@Gimmick Thanks ! Your link is safer and more durable than mine.

Hopefull I will remember that website next time. :)

If all the gearbox does is alter the speed/horsepower of the hauler, then that's a missed opportunity in my book. I think TLG is, as they did initially with PF, squandering the potential of C+ if all it's going to be used for is speed control. It's clear that this has come at the cost of suspension, which defeats the purpose of this vehicle and more or less dishonours the Technic principle of realism, not to mention making hash out of the horsepower variable. And where is the freakin' TAILGATE?

Still liking that hood, though. :thumbup:

Why do you think that the gearbox won't work correctly? We should be able to start in 1st gear and change gear while driving to reach a good speed.

And I think that there is a kind of suspension: On the box photo, I don't think that the wheel axle is parallel to the frame.

From the back you can see the stacking frames and the portal hub in the horizontal position.

lego-technic-2hy2020-42114-0006-1030x580

The rear part indicates that the body is a whole solid piece. So there shouldn't be pendular axles or sth. The only form of suspension is the articulated ball joint.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

34 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So there shouldn't be pendular axles or sth. The only form of suspension is the articulated ball joint.

I really don't understand Lego logic here and can hardly imagine that Volvo just gave their ok for the lack of suspension. The main idea of an official Lego set with a working gear box driven by an electric motor is highly appreciated, but rather makes sense in a race car (like a bigger version of the 42109). But to get it in this set instead of the very cool suspension? Why oh why?

As Lego is claiming that they have a test group of children to play with the new models before release, we should demand that the technic flagships should be provided to a high tribunal of AFOLs for constructive critique before release :laugh:

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

If all the gearbox does is alter the speed/horsepower of the hauler, then that's a missed opportunity in my book. I think TLG is, as they did initially with PF, squandering the potential of C+ if all it's going to be used for is speed control. It's clear that this has come at the cost of suspension, which defeats the purpose of this vehicle and more or less dishonours the Technic principle of realism, not to mention making hash out of the horsepower variable. And where is the freakin' TAILGATE?

Still liking that hood, though. :thumbup:

Maybe.
But more torque certainly increases all-terrain capacities of the model.
42070 had gearboxes used for various functions and was not very good at climbing obstacles. Which btw I think is kinda dumb to critize and compare to Lego trial trucks as most of them often have several motor for driving and no additional features (outtriggers, crane).

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The only form of suspension is the articulated ball joint.

Where is it? It doesn't seem to be between the cabin and the motors.

Just now, Akbalder said:

Where is it? It doesn't seem to be between the cabin and the motors.

I dont know either, but since the front part can steer and oscillate at the same time, a ball joint is the most likely possibility.

@Maaboo35 The real A60H doesn't have any tailgate.

9 minutes ago, Anio said:

The real A60H doesn't have any tailgate.

*coughing*

500_375_1_img.jpg?1525331017

To be fair, there are versions with and without a tailgate.

24 minutes ago, Jundis said:

*coughing*

To be fair, there are versions with and without a tailgate.

Should be possible to add one like this, even without changing the dump bed :)

Edited by Gimmick

19 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

Should be possible to add one like this, even without changing the dump bed :)

Yep. Which TLG should have done.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Yep. Which TLG should have done.

Absolutely! Those nice little details add a lot..

Pendular bogie suspension is literally one of the simplest features to implement. 8264 shows that all it takes is a couple of pins and some beams.

Edited by Maaboo35

4 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Pendular bogie suspension is literally one of the simplest features to implement. 8264 shows that all it takes is a couple of pins and some beams.

It sure is, but keep in mind that in the 42114 all axles have to connect to the drivetrain (which 8264 didn't have).

6 minutes ago, Jundis said:

It sure is, but keep in mind that in the 42114 all axles have to connect to the drivetrain (which 8264 didn't have).

Each bogie could have its own drivetrain.

41 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Each bogie could have its own drivetrain.

Could be more complex, just go to page 21 to the post of @designer-han he already built the way it should look.

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

I think the larger problem is that they have to be able to carry the model's weight, including load. The longitudinal bogies can (should) sit next to the chassis so they are basically irrelevant, but the perpendicular ones need to sit below the chassis. Having any kind of strength in the chassis takes 3u of height. Even if a 1u height on the perpendicular bogie is sufficient, that's a lot of chassis height.

Personally I'm quite sad that it seems that there is no boogie suspension. I really would like to have seen it driving over obstacles and watching the working suspension. But I assume TLG focused more on C+ and it's possibilities. So I must admit that I also got curious about the gearbox and how it will work in combination with the App.

17 minutes ago, Andman said:

Personally I'm quite sad that it seems that there is no boogie suspension.

There's always boogie suspension. All you need is the right beat.