9 minutes ago, Magical Duck said:

There is a changeover catch hidden behind the center beam - one of its clutch gears directs to the LA setup, but I do not know where the other one goes (probably drive). And is it just me, or should those three tan gears towards the front not be able to turn at all?

1 minute ago, Akbalder said:

It may not be the same beam on each side.

I think that there is a motor able to select 4 gears: 3 for driving, 1 for tipping. All these actions can be done in reverse by changing the rotation direction of another motor.

The gear on the right side (facing away from the camera) appears to be 87407, but in Tan, which would make this a new color for that piece. Probably doesn't actually operate anything but is used for stability of the axle. But the axle is also in Tan, and I'm only aware of the 4-long with center stop, and plain 6-long in Tan, so maybe a new color for a longer axle as well?

4 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

1592581483.jpg

My guess of "transmission system"

red line is input of top gearbox

green line is one of drive output

blue line is tipper output

and you can 1, 2, D, N lever in app screen.

So my guess : L is for changing transmission with rotary catch and 2 driving ring.

on those setup, it has total 4 output from transmission. and set will use only 3. If lever on app set to '1', model will drive in first speed. '2' will second speed, 'D' will tipping, 'N' will don't connect anything.

The app doesn't necessary show what really happens on the vehicle. The perpendicular motor may be used to precisely move a wave gear selector in 4 positions.

Edited by Akbalder

2 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

So my guess : L is for changing transmission with rotary catch and 2 driving ring.

on those setup, it has total 4 output from transmission. and set will use only 3. If lever on app set to '1', model will drive in first speed. '2' will second speed, 'D' will tipping, 'N' will don't connect anything.

Nice.

"D" is usally "drive". So it's maybe a software feature and the gear is selected by measurement of current/voltage and rotation speed.

But doesn't the gearbox still means, that you cannot steer, drive and tip at the same time?

Just now, Akbalder said:

The app doesn't necessary show what really happen on the vehicle. The perpendicular motor may be used to precisely move a wave gear selector in 4 positions.

If TLG want use absolute position function in spike motor for find where is the position of selector thay will use medium spike motor. because shifting don't need much power. I think that spike large motor will be use for steering.

Just now, Gimmick said:

Nice.

"D" is usally "drive". So it's maybe a software feature and the gear is selected by measurement of current/voltage and rotation speed.

But doesn't the gearbox still means, that you cannot steer, drive and tip at the same time? 

At least I know, allmost dump truck don't tipping same time while driving. so it can not be problem.

7 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

If TLG want use absolute position function in spike motor for find where is the position of selector thay will use medium spike motor. because shifting don't need much power. I think that spike large motor will be use for steering.

Ok. It may be the other motor but I still think that it is used to move a wave selector to select 3 speeds + tipping.

Edited by Akbalder

35 minutes ago, mkbryant said:

The gear on the right side (facing away from the camera) appears to be 87407, but in Tan, which would make this a new color for that piece. Probably doesn't actually operate anything but is used for stability of the axle. But the axle is also in Tan, and I'm only aware of the 4-long with center stop, and plain 6-long in Tan, so maybe a new color for a longer axle as well?

My guess would be, there actually are two half-bevel gears driving each side with different rotational direction. We can only see the 4L axle with center stop in tan, the other axle we don't see is a 3L in grey or yellow, hidden by the rear facing bevel.

Im not really fond of the gearbox and the complicated drivetrain. I'd exchange them for proper suspensions and a tailgate any moment.

55 minutes ago, mkbryant said:

The axle on the left side of the vehicle is clearly yellow so it is not a continuation of the tan axle you're speaking about

19 minutes ago, RussianGuy said:

The axle on the left side of the vehicle is clearly yellow so it is not a continuation of the tan axle you're speaking about

I was referring to the one running transverse, sending power to the linear actuators to dump the bed. It appears that axle goes through two bevel gears, one of which definitely has an axle hole, the other we can't tell whether it's got an axle hole or pin hole. If that is really two different axles (and both gears have axle holes), then I suppose it could be either a 4L or 6L axle, but if its one continuous axle (and the gear that we can't see has a pin hole) then its almost certainly a longer axle in tan (new).

As I said in an earlier post, Lego has to surprise us. I think a C+ model with gearbox is a surprise 'cause nobody expects that by 3 motors for 3 functions

I think there's two tan axles with middle stop, connected to the tan bevel gears. So the middle tan gear can turn the other two, but in different directions, which is compensated with the placement of the driving gears for LA's to make them move equally. I think you can even see the end of the axle if you look very closely the edge of the gear where it obscures the other axle.

46 minutes ago, mkbryant said:

I was referring to the one running transverse, sending power to the linear actuators to dump the bed. It appears that axle goes through two bevel gears, one of which definitely has an axle hole, the other we can't tell whether it's got an axle hole or pin hole. If that is really two different axles (and both gears have axle holes), then I suppose it could be either a 4L or 6L axle, but if its one continuous axle (and the gear that we can't see has a pin hole) then its almost certainly a longer axle in tan (new).

I was referring to the same place. Here you can see an end of a transverse axle 

X46GGwX.png

which is, I think, not tan but yellow. Therefore it is not a single continuous transverse axle (so no new axle color and no new gear needed). I can be wrong though

53 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

nobody expects that by 3 motors for 3 functions

45pfn7.jpg

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Love that hood! It's totally realistic. :thumbup:

Definitely agreed! :wub: And I appreciate that the spinning fan when you open the hood is in the same spot as the sticker fan on the outside of the hood

Just now, Magical Duck said:

Definitely agreed! :wub: And I appreciate that the spinning fan when you open the hood is in the same spot as the sticker fan on the outside of the hood

Now that's cool!

Just now, Magical Duck said:

So they got that small detail right but couldn't do a major aspect of the hauler like the suspension?

4 hours ago, msk6003 said:

1592581483.jpg

Since there are two cables going from the front part to the back, there must be two motors in the back. Behind the liftarm 1x11 there is a gear selector. So I also assume that you can switch between drive (the box shows 1,2,3,R, but that might just be different motor speeds instead of real gear shifts) and moving the dumper.

The grey axle to the right of your blue line is the selector, the yellow one next to it the input.

Edited by Andman
typo

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

45pfn7.jpg

People called Romanes they go the house.

Functions (or lack thereof) aside, the set looks like a great parts pack if bought at a very Black Fridayish 30% off.

Lego is getting worse and worse, bigger motors and sets with fewer functions... fortunately I am drawing again and on top it is quite less expensive so lets park Lego for a while.

15 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

ego is getting worse and worse, bigger motors and sets with fewer functions... fortunately I am drawing again and on top it is quite less expensive so lets park Lego for a while.

Don't loose track, Jorge! We need you for further MOCs of heavy machinery :-)

I’m genuinely curious as to wtf is going on in the back, because I wouldn’t have expected a gearbox of all things *huh* it’s a shame about the lack of suspension, but I’m glad there seems to be an actual reason for its absence

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Don't loose track, Jorge! We need you for further MOCs of heavy machinery :-)

I should have been explained myself better I will stop buying Lego because even the new pieces are bad or loudicrously spedific, I always wanted to use this word since I saw Spaceballs :laugh: . I could not forgive myself to leave without finish the F40, not everything is heavy machinery but almost :laugh: .

I'm not a Fan and of Yellow & Orange 

but I'm a fan of Construction / Flagship Vehicle, it's a GO for me 

it's better and Playable than any other "Ultimate Dust Collector " ?