Just now, TeamThrifty said:

It is.. think its been visible from the first leaks? However, a similar pivot is used on big articulated tractors.. these often use a bracing beam above the pivot to stop the sag. On CaseIH Steigers, they call it tri-point oscillation. i've implemented it in a moc, and it was needed as the turntable has a fair amount of sag in it..

Wonder if TLG have done something similar to support the pivot/oscillation point?

All you'd need would be beams.

it needs a ball joint on each end to handle the pivot and oscillation, so i did it with a 9l steering link arm.. but easy to do.

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

it needs a ball joint on each end to handle the pivot and oscillation, so i did it with a 9l steering link arm.. but easy to do.

I doubt we'll get anything on that level.

All that just to power the XL LA's?

..and no suspension at all. Thats a terrible omission.

What are those black 24z (?) - is it a new part?

There's a gearbox selector in there... what function apart from the LA's is there?

13 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

There's a gearbox selector in there... what function apart from the LA's is there?

None I think. :D

But there are two motors in the rear section. So maybe that's the drivetrain? And maybe you can chose between two gears? :X

Edit: Naah doesn't make sense :D

Edited by Gimmick

On 1/28/2020 at 2:55 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

- 2 Land Rover mudguard 15 x 2 x 7 46882 in yellow for front wheels

I'm afraid it looks like they have a black print on the arch...

44 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

What are those black 24z (?) - is it a new part?

Can they be the small turntable?

5 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

Is there a gearbox contolled by a motor?!

But what for? Also on the package, there are 3 Motors:

- horizontal for steering

- XL for driving

- L for tipping of dump bed

I am really confused by this gearbox Also this may be the reason why Lego could not include a proper suspension.

Edit: Idea!

- horizontal for steering

- XL for driving OR tipping of dump bed

- L for control switch

Edited by Jundis

The tipping seems to be connected to the same gearbox as the driving.

- Horizontal for gearbox

- L for turning

- XL for driving and tipping

A set like this not having suspension is just 42070 all over again, but with a licence. I'd be astonished if Volvo wouldn't have demanded to have a suspension there. Previous Volvo vehicles seem to be quite functional, so it would be really weird to see this huge set having so few functions that we can say it's just a larger 8264. And that was rather disappointing even at 600 pieces. This is 3 times that and what does it offer besides motorization?

Really, if it's really just motorized drive/steer/bed and a turntable, I would say that none of us should buy this.

4 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

A set like this not having suspension is just 42070 all over again, but with a licence. I'd be astonished if Volvo wouldn't have demanded to have a suspension there. Previous Volvo vehicles seem to be quite functional, so it would be really weird to see this huge set having so few functions that we can say it's just a larger 8264. And that was rather disappointing even at 600 pieces. This is 3 times that and what does it offer besides motorization?

Really, if it's really just motorized drive/steer/bed and a turntable, I would say that none of us should buy this.

I completely agree, there doesn't seem to be anything interesting going on in this set.

12 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

The tipping seems to be connected to the same gearbox as the driving.

- Horizontal for gearbox

- L for turning

- XL for driving and tipping

Wouldn't that be an additional and unnecessary limitation? Switching one function doesn't make sense, since it does not reduce the required amount of motors.

8 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I would say that none of us should buy this

You make your decision.. I'll make my own :wink:

Lack of suspension is very disappointing, but i much prefer £200 construction model with 3 functions, to a £350 'super'car with 1 - steering. Maybe the gearbox counts as its complex, so 2 functions then. £175 per function vs £66.. Volvo looks better value than the cars do! 

Just now, Gimmick said:

Switching one function doesn't make sense, since it does not reduce the required amount of motors.

I agree.. very confusing. Unless part of the design spec was to include the horizontal motor as part of the C+ roll out?

1 minute ago, Gimmick said:

Wouldn't that be an additional and unnecessary limitation? Switching one function doesn't make sense, since it does not reduce the required amount of motors.

It adds multiple driving speed.

Just now, Akbalder said:

It adds multiple driving speed.

It doesn't.. look at the gearbox. One side goes to the LA's for tip, the other goes somewhere else... its not a 2 speed driving gearbox

The black 24z's are mini turntables as some suggested above.. they're the LA mounts

2 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

It doesn't.. look at the gearbox. One side goes to the LA's for tip, the other goes somewhere else... its not a 2 speed driving gearbox

The box displays a gearbox with 1, 2, 3, R.

Also this has the silly Mack engine... as much as I wish for new piston parts I must say I prefer the old ones to this half-bush set up.

Just now, Magical Duck said:

Also this has the silly Mack engine... as much as I wish for new piston parts I must say I prefer the old ones to this half-bush set up.

And the new engine, despite being smaller, is still not in the correct position! Volvo haulers has transverse engines.

There is a changeover catch hidden behind the center beam - one of its clutch gears directs to the LA setup, but I do not know where the other one goes (probably drive). And is it just me, or should those three tan gears towards the front not be able to turn at all?

5 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And the new engine, despite being smaller, is still not in the correct position! Volvo haulers has transverse engines.

Not according to Volvo, at least not in this video, which details the drivetrain and shows it in the same position as in the lego model.

Volvo Articulated Haulers features - Drivetrain

jyAl2UMh.png

2 minutes ago, Magical Duck said:

And is it just me, or should those three tan gears towards the front not be able to turn at all?

It may not be the same beam on each side.

I think that there is a motor able to select 4 gears: 3 for driving, 1 for tipping. All these actions can be done in reverse by changing the rotation direction of another motor.

19 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

The box displays a gearbox with 1, 2, 3, R.

It does, you're right!! Its better than i thought... still a shame about suspension, but its a definite buy for me.

1592581483.jpg

My guess of "transmission system"

red line is input of top gearbox

green line is one of drive output

blue line is tipper output

and you can 1, 2, D, N lever in app screen.

So my guess : L is for changing transmission with rotary catch and 2 driving ring.

on those setup, it has total 4 output from transmission. and set will use only 3. If lever on app set to '1', model will drive in first speed. '2' will second speed, 'D' will tipping, 'N' will don't connect anything.