31 minutes ago, Flybum said:

It would be much better if we could program it on a PC, because programming a graphical interface on a mobile is really a pain

That's a great MOC!

You can use "remote control apps" to control the mobile device from PC or you can use Bluetooth/USB with OTG to use your mouse and keyboard directly on your device.

14 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

What a crock that it's not gonna have pendular suspension

How do you know that?

5 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

How do you know that?

X740it4.png

Doesn't seem to be anything underneath there

Edited by Bartybum

2 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I watched Kbalage's new video on YT about the sets, and in it there's a low-contrast zoom on what's underneath the rear wheels:

But with a pure pendular suspension the rear section would just tip over :D

Edited my comment. I used Kbalage's video to get a zoomed pic and then upped the brightness.

3 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

But with a pure pendular suspension the rear section would just tip over :D

Not at all, look at this:

0QNBwXz.png

Edited by Bartybum

Just now, Bartybum said:

Edited my comment. I used Kbalage's video to get a zoomed pic and then upped the brightness.

Not at all, look at this:

Ok, sry. Did not know that this is also called "pendular suspension" :)

So, acording to the picture, it seems like no planetary HUBs are used in this set... Well, my piggybank will probably survive another wave. :grin:

Edited by HorcikDesigns

28 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

Ok, sry. Did not know that this is also called "pendular suspension" :)

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what it's called. I always just called it pendular because when one side goes up, the other comes down

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Not at all, look at this

It's like a double pendular :grin:

I am really disappointed if they do not include a proper suspension, this would really uplift my will to buy this thing. In the pic from @Bartybum it looks like no suspension at all... I mean, how hard can it be in a model of that scale...?

Suspension.png

Edited by Jundis

38 minutes ago, Jundis said:

It's like a double pendular :grin:

On 1/28/2020 at 7:55 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Special part and features:

- 3 new differentials, 1 old differential for center diff

According to the first post in this topic, this comes with 3 of the new differentials, so how would that work with a pendular suspension? For that matter, how would the old diffs work with this proposed pendular design? I guess you'd need some u-joints in between the 5x7 frames?

Just now, mkbryant said:

this comes with 3 of the new differentials, so how would that work with a pendular suspension? For that matter, how would the old diffs work with this proposed pendular design? I guess you'd need some u-joints in between the 5x7 frames?

42043 has the solution for this design question.

216.jpg

5 hours ago, Gimmick said:

That's a great MOC!

You can use "remote control apps" to control the mobile device from PC or you can use Bluetooth/USB with OTG to use your mouse and keyboard directly on your device. 

Thank you! This is a great suggestion.

I installed scrcpy for windows on my pc and enabled developer mode on my Android tablet. Now I have the mirror of my tablet on my 4k monitor and it is easier to program.

This is one step forward. The best would be to have a native app on the pc, in order to be able to save source files to be shared with others.

For this I think we need to wait someone to develop a new tool, as was done in the past for the old versions of Mindstorms.

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what it's called. I always just called it pendular because when one side goes up, the other comes down

It's bogie suspension.

I agree that it's very likely there's no 3-point bogie-suspension for each rear-wheel according to the pictures. It should have more space for suspension travel, and that seams not the case.

That's a pitty, as such a suspension is possible in Technic, as I already designed in 2011. Maybe I should upgrade my Hauler, as in between years many new elements are developed that are really useful (planetary hubs, long-stroke pneumatic cylinders/LA's, new panels, ...

Of course, that MOC should be Control+ enabled :wink:

artichauler6x6_9i.jpg    artichauler6x6_10.jpg

Just to promote... :laugh:

No kidding, it is really possible to push more into the model it seams...... but let's await better pictures... and hopefully we (I) are all wrong.

artichauler6x6_cutaway.jpg

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42043 has the solution for this design question.

I'm hoping it's not as simple as that. The real A60H has a transfer gearbox the splits power from the engine to the front/back axles, but also allows the drive shaft going to the rear to be higher than the wheel hub height. The 1st rear axle (front) has a similar transfer gearbox integral to the axle housing that has an input and output shaft on a different plane than the main drive hubs. This transfers power to the 2nd rear axle (back). The axles then have planetary reduction hubs that drive the wheels. In the catalog image of the side view, it looks like the XL C+ motor is 2 studs higher than the wheel centers, so hopefully we will see something close to the real thing here. I'm hoping the rear axles aren't simply driven through their center as was done on 42043.

[OT]

@Flybum, whereabouts in Italy are you?

[end OT]

I guess the only "suspension" on this model is maybe a large turntable between the back and the front.

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I called it a 'walking beam' suspension at one point (think I saw it used to describe the suspension on the 8264). I actually used it to describe the suspension on one of my older MOCs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr1tOFJdT-s) but now I doubt that's what it's called.

In such a licensed set for 250 EUR there SHOULD be a pendular suspension! :thumbdown:

Yep, huge disappointment if the suspension is something simple and many times seen or even worse if there's no suspension at all. At this scale and price point I'd expect a proper (and as authentic as possible) suspension.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but it looks like the vehicle can pivot in some way though - notice in the picture that the rear section seems to be higher than the front as it’s navigating some sort of obstacle. Maybe the articulated joint allows the rear to pivot, and a rear suspension would make the model unstable. Just my guess though.

45 minutes ago, JLiu15 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but it looks like the vehicle can pivot in some way though - notice in the picture that the rear section seems to be higher than the front as it’s navigating some sort of obstacle. Maybe the articulated joint allows the rear to pivot, and a rear suspension would make the model unstable. Just my guess though.

Yeah, I mentioned that. Looks like an oscillating joint.

8 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Looks like an oscillating joint.

It is.. think its been visible from the first leaks? However, a similar pivot is used on big articulated tractors.. these often use a bracing beam above the pivot to stop the sag. On CaseIH Steigers, they call it tri-point oscillation. i've implemented it in a moc, and it was needed as the turntable has a fair amount of sag in it..

Wonder if TLG have done something similar to support the pivot/oscillation point?