2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Oh aside from that lol.

Functions seem to be pretty standard for what the vehicle is

And what it is is exactly the problem. Basing a full-size, Bluetooth-capable flagship on one of the least interesting construction vehicles in existence (and something that has been done before, better) isn't what I'd consider a good idea.

It doesn't even come with a load!

Edited by Maaboo35
More rant

That's what I used to think when I first learned there would be a Unimog flagship coming (a pickup truck? What could possibly be in it to make it a flagship?), and I was eventually glad to swallow my own thoughts.

Just now, AVCampos said:

That's what I used to think when I first learned there would be a Unimog flagship coming (a pickup truck? What could possibly be in it to make it a flagship?), and I was eventually glad to swallow my own thoughts.

Pneumatics with motorized compressor, a winch, multiple mounting hitches for equipment, working crane with grapple and/or snow plough. I wouldn't consider any of those standard equipment for the Volvo A60... plus, 8110 has a B-model.

Edited by Maaboo35

Indeed, but I didn't imagine the Unimog would have all that, hence my past scepticism. For the Volvo, while it doesn't have the play potential of an excavator like the Liebherr (although they should be fun working with each other), I'm still looking forward to what can be done with the suspension and the off-road capabilities (42070, I'm looking at you).

20 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

suspension and the off-road capabilities

Sadly, this may actually be the only uplift of this model. It would be a nice addition, if this volvo would have a openable tailgate as some dumper have: Video

Can't spot any of this in the promo-pic though :-/

Again: The proportions of the cabin and dump are so wrong...

57 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Sadly, this may actually be the only uplift of this model. It would be a nice addition, if this volvo would have a openable tailgate as some dumper have: Video

Very interesting video! Now I'm more impatient to see a Lego replica of the dump truck!

Edited by Parazels

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

The tailgate linkage is sooo cool!!!

I know it doesn't look like true vehicle but for sure it will be a great parts pack. Please don't expect any offroading because LEGO will include central differential.

My hopes for this set:

- 3 new differentials,

- 6 new wheel hubs,

- rear pendular suspension.

27 minutes ago, spongebrickpl said:

[...] but for sure it will be a great parts pack [...]

I agree. This is what counts the most for me, as well as new building techniques.

44 minutes ago, spongebrickpl said:

My hopes for this set:

- 3 new differentials,

- 6 new wheel hubs,

- rear pendular suspension.

In a 2100-part set. Slim pickins...

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

What would you like to see from it?

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

What would you like to see from it?

Technically, I'd like to see new suspension ideas. In terms of parts, I'm happy with the small panels in yellow at long last.

The XL actuators are awesome. Luckily, I was able to stock up on them, as well as on Control+ components, when a supermarket chain just across the border screwed up their pricing big time and had 42100 going just over half RRP.

21 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I also hope this set will be good transporter for sleeping cats...

I wonder if only motors will be silent enough... 

1 hour ago, spongebrickpl said:

I also hope this set will be good transporter for sleeping cats...

I wonder if only motors will be silent enough... 

Those lucky cats! The PU motors are quite slent, especially the XL which has a bigger electric motor and less internal gearing.

9 hours ago, suffocation said:

Technically, I'd like to see new suspension ideas. In terms of parts, I'm happy with the small panels in yellow at long last.

So basically, wishing it hadn’t been the A60H

Well, we don't really know anything about the suspension yet. As for the small yellow panels, they're there in plain sight so that's one thing ticked off my wishlist.

Just been looking at the box a little more closely, and from the respective angles of the cab and dump bed, this thing has an oscillating joint between them. :thumbup:

I'm definitely blowing hot and cold over this set. It's starting to look alright, although there being no new tyres is disappointing seeing as the real A60H runs on tyres jointly developed especially for it by Michelin, Goodyear and Bridgestone. :sceptic:

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

[...]from the respective angles of the cab and dump bed, this thing has an oscillating joint between them.[...]

That's one of THE core characteristics. It would surprise me if Volvo would approve a model with this feature missing. I'm more curious about the rear suspension. I hope that Volvo was also insisting on a proper replica too, if the designer wasn't already planning and building it. As for the tires, I think the existing tyres are perfectly fine. The profile and the dimensions are quite similar.

Main problem of tires here is that the rim is too big compared to the external diameter of the tire. There is too much yellow and too few black.

They could at least do a simple visual trick for this purpose, just like I did here: black tire, black rim, and yellow dish. But they didn't...800x407.jpg

I still can not make myself comfortable with the proportions of this set... compared of the real thing, basically everything is off - but the cab and handrails are just ridiculous.

Edited by agrof