5 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

I remember 42039 worsened so perhaps there is still time for improvements...

All the differences between prelim models and actual models are actually between prelim images of models in catalogues sent to retailers and physical models at the Toy Fair.

There has never been a case where there's a difference between physical models at the Toy Fair and the released models.

7 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

That cabin can't be unseen...

So do you think this is final? I remember 42039 worsened so perhaps there is still time for improvements...

If it´s on display then it is pretty much final. 42039 was just box art.

1 hour ago, aminnich said:

Come on, how did Volvo approve of that model?  The proportions of it so so off.  Why couldn't it look more like this MOC... with the new fender flare panels and the longer LAs.

My all-time-favourite is the hauler designed by @designer-han almost a decade (!) ago.

artichauler6x6_1.jpg

Regardless the proportions I apreciate the fact that with this set we are getting a variety of nice panels in YELLOW which weren´t available so far. That widens my opportunities a lot for building a nice supercar in that color :moar:.

Looking at the photo (page 1) I can not imagine where did they fit all 5 motors and a hub that were reported to be part of this set

Just now, Gzynek2323 said:

Looking at the photo (page 1) I can not imagine where did they fit all 5 motors and a hub that were reported to be part of this set

Updated info: there are only 3 motors.

It looks to me the cabin is filled with a grey hub + there is a cable visible or is it my impression?

Just now, WvG_853 said:

It looks to me the cabin is filled with a grey hub + there is a cable visible or is it my impression?

I think the grey thing inside the cabin is the small Corvette mudguard in LBG. If it's a piece of electronic then it should be a motor. 

The control hub can only be at one place: on the bottom, under the hood, in front of the front wheels. It needs to be there so that you can open its bottom downward and replace batteries.

Just now, WvG_853 said:

Looks like it indeed. The backside of the cabin is 'filled' with a hub standing upright (the white side with the blinking led-light faces forwards), you can see the two LBG connectorblocks with 3 holes on the side of the cab. And it is a cable for sure running in the background.

Just now, Rudivdk said:

Looks like it indeed. The backside of the cabin is 'filled' with a hub standing upright (the white side with the blinking led-light faces forwards), you can see the two LBG connectorblocks with 3 holes on the side of the cab. And it is a cable for sure running in the background

Maybe that is the reason they had to make the cabin bigger just to fit in the hub?

4 minutes ago, Seasider said:

he’s just shown me this

Thats what it should look like! i've got the tyres to build that... on lego adapted rims ready to go!!

That page 1 image, the actual assembled truck, that cab can't have been built right.  That does happen for toy show demo models sometimes.  It just looks wrong, whatever the realistic proportions, that cab is plain ugly.

Not going to pile on about the rest of it.  Will wait reviews.  It's a big RC dumper, probably pretty playable imho.   

FWIW, 42070, which I think is 50% lame (too big, too empty, too much ££)...my kids love. :classic:

But eh, I don't really buy Lego any more, it's all been done before and I've got cupboards full of the stuff.  Where's the lolz eh? :wink:

Edited by andythenorth

32 minutes ago, andythenorth said:

That page 1 image, the actual assembled truck, that cab can't have been built right.  That does happen for toy show demo models sometimes.  It just looks wrong, whatever the realistic proportions, that cab is plain ugly.

It's pretty consistent with what's on the box.

This video shows a lot of interesting features of the model.  Now with Conrtol + and all it's sensors I wonder if the actual phone app and playing experience is more what Lego is emphasizing with this model vs. technical build

25 minutes ago, Big Adam said:

Those are classic Tamiya Vanessa’s Lunchbox tyres/rims!!

58347ds.jpg

I’ve been told they’re actually Dump Truck wheels, used on a few models supposedly 

I.... I'm not excited. The cab just looks wrong, and I feel almost as if the model is large for the sake of largeness. I'm going to wait to see more pictures, before further judgement, though.

So I've been investigating the suspension of the real A60H, and it turns out the rear axles don't seem to be sprung, but pendular, which I find surprising. I can't find any information about the front axle, but I feel it would make sense for the real thing to have it sprung.