6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I don't get this part. If the model is scaled around the wheels, then the cabin would be smaller, which would consume less part, which should lead to less part expenses?

but I have one question - how much smaller? Did you calculate?

Just now, I_Igor said:

but I have one question - how much smaller? Did you calculate?

I dont know...

I'll accept it as the A25G then. All is well and happy.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I dont know...

I'll accept it as the A25G then. All is well and happy.

That is my point; just one stud difference can make a disproportional impression

35 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Well, technically, the box name DOES NOT say it is the A60H.

It literally says A60H on the yellow curved panel

Edited by Bartybum

Just now, Bartybum said:

It literally says A60H on the yellow curved panel

I'll stick with "alternative facts" to ease my mind for now :laugh:

Anyhow licensed models like this must be vetted by the licensor, so Volvo must have their own reasons to allow the disproportions.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Anyhow licensed models like this must be vetted by the licensor, so Volvo must have their own reasons to allow the disproportions.

Honestly, I don't really think they're as obsessed as us. 42053 didn't have super accurate proportions either (those were to do with colouring though)

Edited by Bartybum

Just now, Bartybum said:

42053 didn't have super accurate proportions either (those were to do with colouring though)

42053 is like 90% proportionate. 42114 is like idk maybe 50%?

I have some 10 minutes brake and I have looked at the Volvo AH60 brochure where dimensions are ... not to re-post the same thing you can read it here  

Me on the phone to Technic design team (in my imagination!)

Hahahaha, OK guys you've had you're fun. Now show us the real flagship for 2020!........

Guys?........

Wait a minute, you're being serious aren't you! Um, are you feeling okay? 

Yes I know control+ isn't getting much love from the community but.......

Well because the app STILL doesn't allow for MOCcing, you have two motor with near identical speed and torque outputs, it's very expensive, you can't stack cables, it.....

OK well what if we tell you exactly what we want?

No of course we won't complain no matter what you do, well some of us will but.....

No no no, just give us an amazing new pneumatic flagship and....

No it's not dead!

Yes you can make it RC if you absolutely must. Just don't substitute mechanical realism and authenticity for making it RC like you always do, you can have both! 

Well no, I wouldn't say 42114 is bad, It's worse. The worst in fact! I just don't see a flagship here.

But it only has 3 rather simple functions, doesn't offer anything that we couldn't already do or a new, more elegant way of doing anything. I bet the box doesn't even have a flip up lid! 

Oh come on now, don't pretend I'm wrong! What happened? Did you have another flagship in the works but it wasn't ready in time so you had to quickly rush some other thing together?

Oh! I wasn't expecting that! That's a really interesting thing you just told me!

Ok, so you promise you'll be OK and back on your feet next year?

Well you're an old friend and when I see you not at your awesome best I can't help but be worried.

OK friend. Take care and get better for next year, I still have faith in you.

Yes I know that AFOLs aren't the biggest market but you can say the same for Star wars, Disney or Pixar, and they would be fools to let their quality and appeal slip below the standards and expectation of their adult fans.

Well no I don't have an answer for why Disneys latest Staw Wars and live action remake garbage still made billions actually but Solo was a flop and.....

Yes I know we AFOLs can be a tough lot to please but......

Yes yes I know we keep saying the Arocs was the best, and even Marcus agreed but...... 

Yeah we may have already built it all, own it all and done it all, but with new parts there's still so much more new stuff that you could do that we can't, like leaf springs and a proper helicopter swash plate and.......

No, a re-coloured wheel arch from the defender is not my idea of innovative!

Hello? 

Hello?!!!!

If LAs can be put in a V shape, and suspensions can be squeezed into 42043, then there's no technical reason the real leaf spring in A60H can't be put in 42114. Ofc considerations of other kinds might dominate.

Just now, MajklSpajkl said:

@allanp :iamded_lol::roflmao: Take the blue pill immediately... :devil_laugh:

and what if he is color blind?

well, he had a "specific" minute, but back to topic gentleman

Hey!  It doesn't say "2 in 1" on the box!  One hauler to rule them all and in the darkness bind them.

Just now, ian74 said:

Hey!  It doesn't say "2 in 1" on the box!  One hauler to rule them all and in the darkness bind them.

So far no Control+ set had B - model

Just now, ian74 said:

If we think about it, what could be a proper B model with these parts and the Volvo logo..? Oh yes, a grader! I think it would be possible to make the functions the way as in the main model

That's why I didn't understand why 42099 couldn't have another car

Seems I called it correctly. 42070 in yellow with new PF.

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

So far no Control+ set had B - model

This one doesn´t even have a proper A model.

Not to mention the tread sprockets in the hubs look wrong. The radar dish-and-round plate approach used in three previous sets would look much better.

4 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

This one doesn´t even have a proper A model.

Wtf hold up, the only egregious thing so far is that its proportions are off.

11 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

One of its major downfalls.

Well Control+ parts are not perfect for MOCing so far, so I'll wait few another months to see how it will look at the end...but then again I would be happier if this would be manual version