3 hours ago, Akbalder said:

What is the horizontal motor used for? It could be interesting if it is used to control a gearbox.

Maybe it is for the articulation :hmpf_bad:

And about the suspensions: the Bruder "toy model for kids" has quite well replicated suspensions, so I'm expecting a Technic model must also have!

Edited by mpj

49 minutes ago, mpj said:

And about the suspensions: the Bruder "toy model for kids" has quite well replicated suspensions, so I'm expecting a Technic model must also have!

Yep, would be really sad to just see swing axles...

@jrx  : Did you see any suspension, springs or so on? Thanks for all the info btw! :-)

37 minutes ago, Jundis said:

@jrx  : Did you see any suspension, springs or so on? Thanks for all the info btw! :-)

You're welcome. As written before I can't remember that there were any springs. Front and rear were able to rotate a bit. But I didn't focused on the suspension so I can't tell you more :shrug_confused: Sorry.

14 hours ago, suffocation said:

Wow, a flagship that goes back and forth, steers, tips a bed and has no suspension. The domination of excrementification.

Nobody liked the "suspension" in the 42070 - so they removed it.

Still hoping for the best ;)

Just now, Aleh said:

no XL LAs :(

There are two XL LA – "hood" meant the engine hood in the front. The tipper bed is moved by motor and LAs

Just now, jrx said:

There are two XL LA – "hood" meant the engine hood in the front. The tipper bed is moved by motor and LAs

XL LA's, not regular ones?

Just now, Aleh said:

XL LA's, not regular ones?

jep - same as used in 42100

11 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@jrx How are the two XL LAs aligned? Are they parallel or are they in the v shape?

Puh! Can't tell you! If I'm guessing: V-shape but I'm absolutely not shure.

I cant figure out how the transmission is gonna work and how the connection points are like if the XL LAs are aligned in the V shape like the way in the real hauler.

Usually LAs only move in one direction, and they move in a plane that's perpendicular to the ground. But in the V shape, the plane that contains the LAs lie in an angle to the ground, and the angle changes when the LAs extend. And the angle between the LAs and the baseline in that plane changes as well.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I cant figure out how the transmission is gonna work and how the connection points are like if the XL LAs are aligned in the V shape like the way in the real hauler.

Usually LAs only move in one direction, and they move in a plane that's perpendicular to the ground. But in the V shape, the plane that contains the LAs lie in an angle to the ground, and the angle changes when the LAs extend. So the angle within the baseline in that plane changes as well.

Same thing crossed my mind. But it could be done with CV-joints, I think. The inner angle should be above 120°, then they'll work nicely. On the tipper, ball-joints would do.

Agree, this combo can give a solid platform for the LA-s.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpeewq0rPKD3xa1S0RiQi

Also some bevel gears and bracket built solution could be done.

I am interested in this one, but not very excited about. I hope for Unimog tires, they would be more realistic in terms of pattern.

Edited by agrof

Huhmm... black print along the edge of the yellow fender piece...

Also 3x13 curved panel in yellow, is a new color for that piece.

It has Unimog tyres, not Claas tyres.

XL LA are at a v-shape, interesting for sure! 

EDIT: yay, mini panels in yellow!!!

Edited by Rudivdk

Looks nice, only the cab looks oversized...not to mention the handrails... :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Superkoala said:

Hmm. Doesn't look that great. Why are the windscreen pillars mounted in the wrong direction? And the cab is completely off. And that box shot looks supremely ugly. 42030-B looked better. :thumbdown:

Notice that on the box the bed and the cabin are at different angles. So at least it has an articulated chassis. No signs of any suspension beyond that.