lego-technic-2hy2020-42114-0004-1030x592

lego-technic-2hy2020-42114-0006-1030x580

lego-technic-2hy2020-42114-0007-1030x580

lego-technic-2hy2020-42114-0009-1030x580

lego-technic-2hy2020-42114-0005-1-1030x5

lego-technic-2hy2020-42114-0010-1030x580

Piece count 2193. Price 249.99 EUR.

Special part and features:

- New C+ motor with horizontally driven axis (like LEGO ® Spike 45602 (Large Angular Motor)
- 1 Control+ XL motor, 1 Control+ L motor
- Control+ Hub
- 2 Land Rover mudguard 15 x 2 x 7 46882 in yellow for front wheels
- XL linear actuators
- 1 Corvette mudguard 42531 in LBG for dashboard
- 3 new differentials, 1 old differential for center diff
- Small panels #21 and #22 in yellow
- Shell panel 3x7 in yellow
- Curved panel 3x13 in yellow

Functions:

- Driving
- Steering
- Lifting and lowering bed
- Hood can be opened manually

Go nuts

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

The B-Model from set 42030 was a Dump Truck, so maybe this'll be an updated version? From what I've read it contains Control+ elements, so probably three motors (moving, steering, movement of the container (can't think of the right word for it). Judging on it's presumed price of €250,-, I would say that this would be a reasonable assumption of motors and functions...

If it really has 5 motors then I'm really curious how they will be controlled and powered, the Technic hub has only 4 ports. Maybe it's better to wait more confirmed sources reporting about the number of motors :) 

Just now, kbalage said:

If it really has 5 motors then I'm really curious how they will be controlled and powered, the Technic hub has only 4 ports

Maybe TLG will introduce a motor joiner cable.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I doubt, because than the motors can't communicate their positions back to the hub.

It's possible, although the PU L and XL motors are both "smart" motors and I don't think they can do a Y cable with proper separation of the communication with both motors. 

30 minutes ago, kbalage said:

It's possible, although the PU L and XL motors are both "smart" motors and I don't think they can do a Y cable with proper separation of the communication with both motors. 

That's nothing that Software can't solve. For example, the motor joiner cable could have an internal chip that communicates the hub that it's connected to two motors, and could multiplex the information of both to the hub.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

horizontal motor

Maybe it's just wrongly translated and means an fake inline-motor? IRL it has an inline 6.

Let's assume for a moment that there are just 4 motors: 2 Ls and 2 XLs. Since the model only has 3 functions (drive, steer, tip), one function will be driven by two motors. Maybe drive will need two motors.

@Kaanere might be technically possible, but I'm not sure it is worth the hassle. Based on what I saw so far TLG always tries to do stuff in the most simple way. This truck needs to go forward/backward, needs steering and power to raise/lower the bed. 3 functions, should be doable with 4 motors.

3rd iteration of an articulated offroad dump truck, hopefully this one stands out from the rest.  I also think the new model will use the new longer LAs.

ki1tQuGt.jpg

42030_B1.jpg

Since the A60H has an inline 6 transverse engine, I think this set will have Corvette engine instead of regular size piston cylinders.

Still waiting on pictures to pass judgment but maybe horizontal motor is a thin, flat servo to connect directly to a pneumatic valve, which would also explain why there's 5 motors as you would need a compressor. Or am I just dreaming again?!

Edited by allanp

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

I doubt, because than the motors can't communicate their positions back to the hub.

May not need positional feedback when used for propulsion, as no calibration will be needed.

So a splitter cable for propulsion only should be doable, as that is the service which both requires most motors as well as low accuracy.

Port current limits may be restrictive, though.

Since the A60H has an inline 6 transverse engine, I think this set will have Corvette engine instead of regular size piston cylinders.

Than it is better to be without fake engine IMHO

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Maybe it's just wrongly translated and means an fake inline-motor? IRL it has an inline 6.

Makes sense because of the hub 4 ports limitation (I don't believe at all in a splitter cable!)

Otherwise it could be a Spike Prime style motor?

image.jpeg.ab761ac98190a04a1bf0bbc9a3b3256d.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Philo said:

Otherwise it could be a Spike Prime style motor?

Or use spike hub(6 port)

Just now, msk6003 said:

Or use spike hub(6 port)

Too expensive I think (Leds, more memory, rechargeable battery)

Just now, MajklSpajkl said:

So this is this years flagship? Weren't there rumours about a big pneumatic set likeca backhoe or something?

It's false

Just now, suffocation said:

#21 & #22 panels in yellow, please.

+ 1

According to Henry, the german youtuber with the channel "Klemmbausteinlyrik", there actually is a new motor present which (according to my understanding of his description) seems very much like the Spike Prime style motor @Philo described a few posts before.

Strangly, Henry mentiones the two XL+ are for steering and tipping. He didn't say anything about both L+...

(It should be noted that Henry really is not a technic guy and has only a vague understanding, as he said he didn't know all axles can be driven at the same time... *huh* )