Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII 
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI (you are here)
Chapter XII

One day the wharf official walked by Captain Argentum as he was verifying the quality of a new barrel of apples.

You%20Name%20It%21%20%281%29.jpg

“Hold up, young man!” Captain Argentum exclaimed.  "You do things with paper around here right?"

"Yes, Commodore."

"Glad you happened to pass by.  I just finished planning the names of these ships we're working on.  You make sure they get christened properly, young man."

“Of—of course, Sir.  I—I'm sure that—could I take the names down, sir? the name of the sistership of the Deuxieme Comete?”

“Lady Cora.”

“Ah...  And the name of sistership of the Oscuridad?”

“I'm going to call that Lady Cora too.”

“Lady Cora II, Sir?  Mightn’t that be a bit confusing, Commodore?”

“Young man, I don’t believe in giving bureaucrats easy lives!”

“Yes Sir.  What will you name the new La Raya Venenosa?”

“Name that one Lady Cora also.”

“Lady Cora Also.  And the Long Beard II?”

“Another Lady Cora.”

“I suppose it’s safe to assume that the sistership of Midas’ Touch will be named Lady Cora As Well.”

“Young man, for a bureaucrat, you are sharp.”

You%20Name%20It%21%20%282%29.jpg

This is a sistership build for the Long Beard.  Of course the ships are not actually all going to be named Lady Cora. :innocent2:

Anyway, I figured the Corries shouldn't be allowed to show Eslandola up with their food collection.  How do you like my apples @Captain Dee:pir-grin:

This floating cobblestone (i.e. there are tiles underneath, the stones are not attached) is like my teashop road with only one layer of round plates underneath.  I wanted to satisfy myself that the plate + tile keep the look of depth you get with a brick and I think it does.  I've also done a brick + a plate (which is great because you can incorporate sideways double cheese) and nothing underneath at all (gives a shallow look but beautifully easy to deconstruct).  C&C welcome!

Edited by Kai NRG

Captain Argentum must have the hots for Katy Lora or something...:shrug_confused:

I'm gradually warming to floating floors for... some reason. :grin: This technique does look good. And the brightness of those apples gives a wonderful contrast to the grey. I wonder if the grey boxes might have stood out better in medium dark flesh or something?

20 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

gradually warming to floating floors

Read this as "floating doors"...

april-1-titanic-water-2.jpg

Gradually warming would've really helped...

@Ross Fisher What the fudd..??? Oh wait. On second look, I get it now. Bwahahaha!! :head_back:

People are still b!tching about that? :iamded_lol:

Edited by Captain Dee

1 hour ago, Captain Dee said:

People are still b!tching about that?

Not really, but it's hard to get a pic of this scene without some kind of memification going on. This one looked like the funniest.

On 1/27/2020 at 10:01 AM, Captain Dee said:

Captain Argentum must have the hots for Katy Lora or something...:shrug_confused:

I'm gradually warming to floating floors for... some reason. :grin: This technique does look good. And the brightness of those apples gives a wonderful contrast to the grey. I wonder if the grey boxes might have stood out better in medium dark flesh or something?

I love doing the floating floors, although it does take some patience.  And yeah, but I was totally not using my medium dark flesh box somewhere else... :tongue:

On 1/27/2020 at 10:15 AM, Professor Thaum said:

You are bouncing in @Faladrin's yard !

:laugh: Just showing solidarity!

On 1/27/2020 at 11:47 AM, Bodi said:

Fun build:laugh:, too bad we can't have a fleet of Lady Coras.

Captain Argentum agrees! :pir-grin:

22 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Neat continuation of the captain Argentum builds. How do you come up with so much inspiration?

Thanks Fraunces!  I don't know, my problem is usually the time, not the inspiration...  :pir-laugh:

On 1/27/2020 at 2:15 PM, Professor Thaum said:

You are bouncing in @Faladrin's yard !

Indeed... :laugh:

On 1/28/2020 at 8:24 PM, Kai NRG said:

:laugh: Just showing solidarity!

:laugh: Thank you for your solidarity ! :iamded_lol:

Great bunch of apples ! MAESTRO would be proud of it too !

and I agree on your affirmation : " the Corries shouldn't be allowed to show Eslandola up with their food collection." :grin:

Thanks Faladrin!

On 1/30/2020 at 4:39 AM, Faladrin said:

and I agree on your affirmation : " the Corries shouldn't be allowed to show Eslandola up with their food collection." :grin:

:laugh:

I must admit due to RL I lost track of BoBS in the past half year. But this nice MOC is inspiring to spend more time here again.

Well done. And I try to understand what you meant about "brick and plate".

20 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I must admit due to RL I lost track of BoBS in the past half year. But this nice MOC is inspiring to spend more time here again.

Well done. And I try to understand what you meant about "brick and plate".

This MOC is honored. :pir-blush:

Here's a tutorial on the floating cobblestone that might explain what I was talking about. :pir-grin: