Sign in to follow this  
cefa

[MOC] Ice Piercer LDE-1516 (version 2)

Ice Piercer LDE-1516

At last, the Ice Piercer is once again assembled.

About three years ago, in the very end of 2016, I posted the finished version one of this build, the Ice Piercer LD-118. I had it shown at a exhibition in Ängelholm, Sweden but after that I dismantled it and started to redesign it, this time in Bricklink Studio instead of LDD. Between the time I started to design the first version and until it was finished I got lots of new ideas, had learned many new techniques and there were lots of new, fun parts that I wanted to use.

In early 2019 I thought I had finished the redesign and started to buy new parts. In the end I think that I bought about 15.000 new parts since I sorted out lots of bad parts and had added a great deal of new parts to the build. But every day since then I got new ideas, added more parts and bought more parts. This MOC now exceeds 39.000 pieces.

In late october the building started again. Due to both vacation, sickness and work it took way longer to finish than I had planned. But today is the day to reveal it all. The new Ice Piercer LDE-1516.

And this time it is complete for real. There will be no more adding, removing or rebuilding. It’s time for other projects now. Hope you like it!

To see more pictures, visit my Flickr-accouny. Here is a link: Kim Cefa

//Kim Cefa

49443957883_b3dee3f898_c.jpg

49443960133_88b4872c86_w.jpg

49444667492_45a22a3372_w.jpg

49444440301_bd768c80db_w.jpg

49443956413_55023b943c_n.jpg

Edited by cefa
Adding pictures

@cefa It's a beast mate, in the good sense of the term. I can see that you've put a lot of work into this. Well done.

Can you please post a bigger picture of the MOC? The picture you posted is way to small.

Edited by Lego David

That looks awesome, Kim!  As Lego David said, more detailed pictures would be great.  

The paperclip/upload option on Eurobricks that it looks like you used to upload that is only for very small images to be used in your signature line here on the board.  For sharing photos of MOCs, etc., you'll want to use a 3rd party service and I think most folks would recommend Flickr, if not using a Lego-focussed image hosting service.

Here's a tutorial on linking/embedding Flickr images in your posts: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/97921-flickr-tutorial/

Happy building - looking forward to seeing more!  :classic:

Ah thanks for the input...was a little surprised I could only upload a 0.1 mb photo but have experienced similar things on other places when being a not so frequent user with very few posts. Like you get bilgger upload capasity when you are more active.
But that was not the case then. That is why I mentioned in the text to look up my album on Flickr.

Here is a link to my Flickr-account: Kim Cefa
Thanks!

Edited by cefa

3 hours ago, cefa said:

Ah thanks for the input...was a little surprised I could only upload a 0.1 mb photo but have experienced similar things on other places when being a not so frequent user with very few posts. Like you get bilgger upload capasity when you are more active.
But that was not the case then. That is why I mentioned in the text to look up my album on Flickr.

Here is a link to my Flickr-account: Kim Cefa
Thanks!

You can post as big as you want, as long as it's hosted elsewhere. You can click on 'Insert other media' in the bottom right hand side and select 'Insert image from URL' there. Simply post your Image location (obtained by right clicking an image and 'Copy Image Location') and then pasting that URL into the box provided. Bobs-yer-uncle.

I'm unsure of there is a blocker for new members though, which may be 10 posts or something similar.

Wow, so much to unpack here, and all of it outstanding!  The use of those inverted wedges for the treads is quite ingenius, as is the small bay in between the tracks.  Also, aside from the main vehicle (which is impressive on its own right), the mech and speeder are a really cool addition.  That spacecraft (starfighter?) is spectacular though!  The entire thing makes me pine for a modern LEGO reboot of Ice Planet 2002.  Anyway, I love the attention to detail displayed in pretty much every aspect of this MOC, right down to the display base for both the crew and the vehicle itself.  Chapeau!

This is badass!!!  Always loved this theme.

I think a neat project would be to build an Ice Planet 2002 inspired coast guard cutter.  There are a lot of great spaceships or land cruisers out there...but I think something water-based would be cool too.  Or maybe something Ice Planet 2002 in style with a little Captain Harlock thrown in.

Edited by cheetor1981