Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

[MOC] Treasure Chest by Slawek Kaczorowski

Whoa... that is incredible! *oh2* The whole chest looks great, that chain looks so real and the jewelry is beautiful. And all those... microphones?? *huh* That is just brilliant part usage. Amazing.

Spectacular!  Seriously NPU with the handles and the microphones!  The chain is simple but looks great as well.  Wonderful build!  :sweet:

On 1/27/2020 at 9:05 AM, deraven said:

Spectacular!  Seriously NPU with the handles and the microphones!  The chain is simple but looks great as well.  Wonderful build!  :sweet:

For the benefit of n00bs like me...what does "NPU" stand for?

20 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

For the benefit of n00bs like me...what does "NPU" stand for?

NPU = Nice Part Use. An unexpected (often very clever) way to use a LEGO element in a model.  :classic:

9 hours ago, deraven said:

NPU = Nice Part Use. An unexpected (often very clever) way to use a LEGO element in a model.

Thanks!  In all my years of AFOL forums I have never encountered that acronym.

4 hours ago, deraven said:

This is a pretty decent Lego/AFOL glossary if you want to peruse it

Nah, I'll just remain ignorant and ask if required. :pir-laugh:

But thank you for sharing the glossary.

Well i leave comments not really often here, but.... THAT THING IS SO ASTONISHING!!!!

Big scale gives so many opportunities for detailing. Huge chain is awesome!!! Microphones as rivets...

I really had fun to look all those details, thank you)

Wow, at first sight I thought it was a real photo, the chain and the handles of the treasure chest are incredible! *oh2*
The shapes are not those of normal lego MOCs ... there is genius in this realization! :thumbup:

On 2/9/2020 at 5:50 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

1312545498_shortcode-fontpaged2019.png.ee58cadc16530e45ee4a9be9bc32d3bd(1).png.da2a0ddc5af923a4dae6b8c29c0b1e60.png

Just FYI, I'm pretty certain something can't be "plundered away." Maybe 'frittered away?'... or 'squandered on'...?

:grin:

On 2/5/2020 at 10:02 PM, deraven said:

NPU = Nice Part Use. An unexpected (often very clever) way to use a LEGO element in a model.  :classic:

That sounds a bit vauge.

19 hours ago, Medzomorak said:

That sounds a bit vauge.

OKaaay... I mean, it's only been in common use for a decade+ so I don't know what to tell you.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

3 hours ago, deraven said:

OKaaay... I mean, it's only been in common use for a decade+ so I don't know what to tell you.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I've been browsing Lego forums for the last 13 years and have never met this acronym. But maybe I've just missed it. Now, I'm not saying you should not use it as well because some random dude is calling it vauge. Still, nice part usage is too general and subjective to say "wow NPU", instead of just writing it down. It should really mean someting more strict, IMHO... <- like this. So with this direciton any expression could be made into an acronym. But that's just me thinking out loud about the matter, don't take it as an attack.

Anyway, I'm very off topic, forgive me. So I just say that I agree with you all the same, some nice part usage was done there for sure ;)