Sign in to follow this  
Lego David

[MOC] The Crystal King

Very cool.  I like all the trans-green parts.  The build looks very solid.  I like all the spikes on the shoulders and back.  Nice job.

38 minutes ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I made one myself as well :D Your looks great! Great use of mask piece on crotch xD

Thanks! Can I get a link to your version? I would love to see it :sweet:.

Hey David,

Great enhancement of the King there, especially the neon transparent clawed hands, it's something the original designed truly lacked. I see you've used some kind of mask element at the lumbar section. I'm not a fan of reusing somewhat recognizable parts like that - as we've discussed it previously in the dragon thread :dangry: -, however I see why you've chosen that specific element. It matches the color and truly has some rocky texture to itself. So yes, this is what I'd also call an example of great usage of elements. My eye is too critical an distracted by these but I must admit the genious of it.

All in all I'm very impressed by this MOC. :wink:

The Hero Factory and Bionicle parts you've used complement the Crystal King really well! I also like how the torso maintains the odd, sort of lanky physique of the set while being a little more streamlined. My only complaint would be the legs—compared to the torso where you've used all sorts of lovely rock-textured bricks, the plain slopes used for the lower legs and feet feel awfully blocky. It sort of makes it feel like two different styles.

Edited by Lyichir