Midlife-crisis

What is your favorite UCS Set of all time?

Hi,

just curious which is your favorite UCS Set of all time?

I´m throwing in the UCS Slave 1, because of the colors, the snot building techniques, the shaping, not the important for me but it has "usefull" play features.

regards mc

I will go along with the crowd on this one.  The Falcon(s), then Slave I (because the build techniques really captured the ship well) then the B-wing since it is one of my favorite ships.

18 minutes ago, Hokierespect said:

Wrong, wrong, all wrong. 

Great contribution.

I'll go for the Slave 1 myself.

1 hour ago, tfcrafter said:

Great contribution.

I'll go for the Slave 1 myself.

Just ignore it. I say the Slave 1 due to the smooth build and clever techniques. And doesn't require too many mods to be up to my standards. An interior is really the most lacking thing for the Slave 1. Next to that I'd say UCS Falcon (2017) and then Lambda shuttle. 

24 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

And doesn't require too many mods to be up to my standards.

Insert eye roll emoticon here. 

39 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Just ignore it.

That advice doesn’t make sense.  First, look at how awesome legos are, then consider Star Wars, and finally use the force. You can’t ignore that. 

3 hours ago, Hokierespect said:

Wrong, wrong, all wrong. 

If you can't make a positive contribution to Eurobricks, please don't post at all thankyou.

Anyway, to get back to the topic, Slave 1 is my favourite, closely followed by the Imperial Shuttle, and the latest Y-Wing and Snowspeeders :wub:

I haven't built the latest Falcon or Star Destroyer yet so I can't comment on them, but they're on my to-build list this year!

As awesome as the 75192 Millenium Falcon is, a modified 75252 Star Destroyer (adding tiles and more texture to the hull) gives the MF a good run for its money.

I'll go with 75192 as is, but 75252 comes in at a close second for mod potential.

(The latest Y-Wing is incredible, too :sweet:)

1 hour ago, macaron35 said:

we should have a topic to discuss the builds that are most unliked too

Wouldn’t be much fun, having an overwhelmingly unanimous vote for the UCS Hoth Base lol

14 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Wouldn’t be much fun, having an overwhelmingly unanimous vote for the UCS Hoth Base lol

ha ha, i was thinking about the Death Star actually

8 minutes ago, macaron35 said:

ha ha, i was thinking about the Death Star actually

Lol, would people even agree with that? DS seems to be a pretty popular set, if only for its minifigs

The original Y-Wing is my favourite and also the reason I got back into Lego. Then it would be the Imperial Shuttle and then the Tantive IV.

Also a special shout out to the Tower of Orthanc…..awesome UCS set (if its even UCS)

Death Star 2 also deserves an honourable mention

Edited by Hunter003
more info

Haven't built my Falcon yet but to make me part with that much of my hard earned cash it's definitely something special.

At first glance the SSD was an impressive sight but after taking my rose coloured specs off (as it was my first completed Bricklink project) it has a few too many issues to make it a brilliant set. 

So I'll have to agree with a lot of others for the top spot (of sets I've built), it has to be Slave 1. It's a great build and an equally impressive finished product.

15 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

Also a special shout out to the Tower of Orthanc…..awesome UCS set (if its even UCS)

Big thumbs up for this! Loved building that tower and all the little details in it. It's more like the Sandcrawler in being a MB/UCS hybrid. But its not SW obviously so I think it doesn't really count in this poll. :)  

Thoroughly enjoyed building Slave 1, even if it did benefit from the strengthening mod, but I didn't have to build an extra stand for it, or build it's own bloody shelf, so it scores over the Falcon!

I own all 2010-2016 UCS sets but nothing beyond that. My favorite has to be the Slave 1. If I’d own the Falcon then that would probably be my favorite.