gundamz

Is anybody else having issues applying LEGO VIP Online Credit?

So I got a $5 gift credit from LEGO VIP points for use on LEGO Shop at home, but every time I tried to use the credit, I get back an Error message.  I have contacted Customer Support but have not heard anything back.  Is anyone having this issue over the last few days?  Anyone been able to figure out a solution?

I found that you have to be spending more than the VIP amount without tax and shipping. Like I was trying to spend $30 of VIP for a $29.99 Lego set which didn't work. I called and a penny short did not compute.

5 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

I found that you have to be spending more than the VIP amount without tax and shipping. Like I was trying to spend $30 of VIP for a $29.99 Lego set which didn't work. I called and a penny short did not compute.

Yeah, I was trying to apply the $5 credit to a $80 set but it still wouldn't work.

I redeemed 13,000 points for a $100 voucher last night to buy the ISS set plus a series 19 minifig to make the purchase amount $103.98, over the coupon value, but all I get is "Sorry, there was a problem applying your VIP voucher." when I try to apply it to the cart on checkout. :angry:

It's too early here for calling so I sent an email through the site. Not a good first impression of actually trying to use the new system to get something back for the first time since they switched over... the old system (which I used a few times) seemed to be so much better. :sad:

<Round 2>I called the support line and it seems they transitioned my VIP account to a US-based one when they moved to the new system, despite never having lived in the US, so the code I was given was for US Lego.com and not valid for Canadian purchases. The very nice agent switched me over to Canada and reloaded the 13,000 points - which was awesome.

I deleted all my Lego.com cookies, logged-in again to both the .com site and the VIP one and redeemed the 13,000 again but the code still gives exactly the same error message. Oy! :ugh: 

So I guess I'll be calling back... Maybe third time's the charm... :wink:

<Round 3>And yes, it was the charm! :laugh:

I called back, walked through the problem with the new agent, then with them on the phone I deleted my cookies, logged-in again and they reviewed everything on the back end for me, then they refunded the second (failed) 13,000 points and I tried again. This time the change to Canada seemed to have stuck, as it said I only needed 10,000 points to get the $100 voucher - which he told me was the correct exchange rate for a Canadian account. So I redeemed those for a new voucher.

I filled my cart with the ISS and Series 19 fig again, and when I applied the new voucher it accepted it! Sweet. I got my ISS ordered along with the free patch. :classic:

He didn't actually change anything on my account so it might just have been a timing thing - taking a while for the changes the previous agent made to ripple through the system... Anyhoo, all's well that ends well! Big thumbs up for Lego customer service! :thumbup:

Edited by manglegrat
Added <Round 3> update.