Holodoc

Eurobricks event 2020 Billund accomodation topic

On 2/19/2020 at 8:57 PM, Quarryman said:

I'd love to join your house, but this year I'm two people since my daughter is coming. So that doesn't quite solve your problem due to raising the total to 7 so you'll need a bigger boathouse. :blush:

Added to our group!:thumbup:

On 3/8/2020 at 9:07 PM, Skandinavc FH said:

Unfortunately I'm not be able to come.

That's too bad, but thank you anyway for letting us know.

Le Mans has been postponed to September 20/21, which means that I can attend the full EB 2020 experience! Yay!

Edit. An N24 is now in November!

27 minutes ago, Lasse D said:

Le Man has been postponed to September 20/21, which means that I can attend the full EB 2020 experience! Yay!

I hope we can enjoy a full event :tongue:

On 3/18/2020 at 6:40 PM, Jim said:

I hope we can enjoy a full event :tongue:

I you ask me...
... I don't think this will be over by June. :def_shrug::hmpf:

(Hopefully I'm wrong) :laugh:

I’m waiting a bit before booking our room at the legoland village due to the uncertaintly with the Corona virus. 

Btw, it is probably possible to have breakfast at the village even when staying in Lalandia. If some are interested in this then I can check this.

I am holding off on booking flights. These "precautions" are making it difficult to commit to any plans.

Hopefully, if things are open and we can move again, work will be beyond the point that demands cancelled Leave. Currently I am on the list of staff who can come in and work at the depot (not "at risk" and not currently ill). As we deliver for Hospitals, we are a required service. 

Anyway, here's hoping!

23 hours ago, Holodoc said:

I you ask me...
... I don't think this will be over by June. :def_shrug::hmpf:

(Hopefully I'm wrong) :laugh:

I think the same. Did you know how easy it would be to cancel our house? In a case where it will nor be over by June?

hmmm... it won't be over, but I guess the climax will be over by then. In any case, i'm not going to book my flight untill later on. :sceptic:

11 hours ago, Skalldyr said:

I think the same. Did you know how easy it would be to cancel our house? In a case where it will nor be over by June?

According to @Vaionaut (he'll have to correct me if I got this wrong) it's possible to cancel, at least our house, until 30 days before arrival for a small fee, 34 EUR for the 6 person house. Would expect it to be similar for the other house too.

3 hours ago, snefroe said:

hmmm... it won't be over, but I guess the climax will be over by then. In any case, i'm not going to book my flight untill later on. :sceptic:

I do hope it will be over by June, but we'll see how things go. It's not very optimistic at the moment, not really knowing what the next day brings. Since we're planning a car trip, there's always a possibility to cancel last minute. If it would be possible to cancel the cottages in case of travel restrictions, that's great. If not... Let's just hope this virus gets under control...

13 hours ago, Quarryman said:

According to @Vaionaut (he'll have to correct me if I got this wrong) it's possible to cancel, at least our house, until 30 days before arrival for a small fee, 34 EUR for the 6 person house. Would expect it to be similar for the other house too.

Thanks for letting us know! I can confirm we would have to pay 250 DKK (=33€) if we cancel the trip until 6th of May.

I'll keep an eye on that!

5 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Thanks for letting us know! I can confirm we would have to pay 250 DKK (=33€) if we cancel the trip until 6th of May.

I'll keep an eye on that!

Thanks! then let's wait and hope for the best :thumbup:

We can not know either what restrictions might be imposed by the Government on the tourist spots either.

Here in the UK, holiday camps and the like are being shut and people discouraged from visiting their holiday homes.

I am pretty sure we won't have an event this year, unless a miracle happens. The Dutch need to stay at home till the 1st of June.

5 hours ago, Jim said:

I am pretty sure we won't have an event this year, unless a miracle happens. The Dutch need to stay at home till the 1st of June.

Yup:cry_sad:

7 hours ago, Jim said:

You are not allowed to cross the border any more? :oh:

Just now, Holodoc said:

Actually, I'm not sure if we are allowed or not. I guess not.

Either way, it feels highly unlikely we will all be having a nice and cosy event in Billund beginning of June.

On 3/24/2020 at 7:39 PM, Holodoc said:

Well, at least the border between Belgium and The Netherlands is closed. Except for people who really need come into Belgium (cargo trucks and people who work in Belgium). 

For those who wanted to stay @Lalandia:

I just canceled our booking. According to the terms and obligations we have to pay 250 DKK (33,50€).
I don't want to argue with them about not being able to travel (higher circumstances) - it will be 4,20€ for everyone, I think that is bearable.

They will transfer me the rest of the money within the next 14 days.
So those other seven inmates in our house will receive their money back afterwards: 199,25€ - 4,20€ = 195,05€ (Christie 182,05€)
Please let me know where I shall send it back to!

I hope the procedure is okay for you.