Holodoc

Eurobricks event 2020 Billund accomodation topic

Yes indeed, a common room would be very good and especially beacuse in Billund we are always a lot of people!

On 1/26/2020 at 10:52 PM, Redhead1982 said:

Lalandia advertises some corporate, group or school events. Its worth asking if a meeting room for a number of people is available. How many will be there?

Btw: Did you ask for that room? It could indeed be an option. Also because I remember last year we could not get the nice room in the Legoland Village main building anymore and had to stay at the "open for everyone" common room...

More room would definitely get my vote, especially if it means a meeting room. I'm always hungry for breakfast but okay with buying some pastry or whatever in the shop.

21 hours ago, Skalldyr said:

Yes indeed, a common room would be very good and especially beacuse in Billund we are always a lot of people!

Btw: Did you ask for that room? It could indeed be an option. Also because I remember last year we could not get the nice room in the Legoland Village main building anymore and had to stay at the "open for everyone" common room...

I sent them an email asking if they have some sort of meeting room available for groups of 40. I got a generic response that they usually answer within 48 hours since they are busy. Will see. For sure, I'd let the EB organizer know if I get a response from Lalandia.

12 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

I sent them an email asking if they have some sort of meeting room available for groups of 40. I got a generic response that they usually answer within 48 hours since they are busy. Will see. For sure, I'd let the EB organizer know if I get a response from Lalandia.

Thanks! :thumbup:

@Holodoc No meeting rooms are available at Lalandia. They use a closed restaurant for meetings, if there's a need, but that's not what we need/want.

Hi, according to Holodoc's appeal over PM, I confirm again that, although TLG's act felt a bit backstabbing, I would still like to join the party. But I understand those who decide not to due unfortunate fact about cancelled support. Regarding the prices, I would prefer Lalandia or The Village against the hotel, which is a bit on the (more) expensive side. I suppose I would like to stay with my Slovenian coleagues @MstrOfPppts and @Redhead1982 and have no other special wishes about it.

Was dwelling a bit on the proposed programme for 2000DKK - thanks, but no thanks TLG. A YT video about the factory and a nice big set, that I'll buy for that money, will be much sweeter...

Best regards,

Miha

BTW; if anyone is interested in proposed program, individual tours are also available with about the same program for price of DKK2499 (500 more as offered here) . I've seen all parts of it, but for first time visitors it could be worth the price, although now with LEGO house there (which also has a kind of vault and museum) only real attraction for me would be factory tour. Unfortunately all spots for 2020 seem to be taken.

https://legohouse.com/en-gb/what-s-on/lego-fan-tour/

Regarding meeting rooms in Hotel Legoland: I've been there on an event, organised by LEGO. They have 30 meeting/presentation/conference rooms of all sizes (from 16 to 1100 people) but prices are per request only (and I expect them not to be cheap)

You can see rooms, layouts and other stuff here:

https://www.meetingsbooker.com/dk/en/meeting-rooms-conference-facilities-in/legoland-hotel--conference-center?attendees=40&duration=4&startdate=6/6/2020&enddate=6/6/2020#FilterCard

As for my participation, something has came up so I might not be able to come, but I will know on 13th february for sure. I still have hope.

I'll book my accommodation with my husband, to be determined where yet.

I would like to stay with people.... don't quite care which place, but the cheaper the better.

So I decided to go for an 8 persons "Classic plus 8" house at Lalandia's place. It's at 1360€ for the complete stay -> 170€ p.p.
It's a bit more expensive than the "Nordic plus 8" (173€ -> 22€ p.p.) but it has just 1 floor and more space all in all.
We will have to take care about breakfast ourselves, but I don't think this will cause much trouble, I think I saw a bakery at/in the supermarket near the LEGO House.

Who ever wants to join in, please tell me! As soon as 8 people are together I will book. :sweet:

4 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

So I decided to go for an 8 persons "Classic plus 8" house at Lalandia's place. It's at 1360€ for the complete stay -> 170€ p.p.

Who ever wants to join in, please tell me! As soon as 8 people are together I will book. :sweet:

:classic: Sounds good! I would join you :thumbup:

53 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

We will have to take care about breakfast ourselves, but I don't think this will cause much trouble, I think I saw a bakery at/in the supermarket near the LEGO House.

Yup, that supermarket is fine! Has a nice bakery.

Do you have space for a Peppermint then :grin:

10 hours ago, Holodoc said:

It's a bit more expensive than the "Nordic plus 8" (173€ -> 22€ p.p.) but it has just 1 floor and more space all in all.

The bakery at the supermarket is nice, there is also a few good places in town to grab supplies. 

I'm a real breakfast person, so I'll have breakfast in the Legoland Village like in the past years. I love those pancakes :)

I'll book something in the Village together with the Belgians that will be accompanying me.

23 hours ago, Holodoc said:

@Holodoc can you add @MstrOfPppts @MajklSpajkl @Aredhel and me to your house as well, please? 

Just now, Redhead1982 said:

@Holodoc can you add @MstrOfPppts @MajklSpajkl @Aredhel and me to your house as well, please? 

Sure. :classic:

So there's two slots left.

Dana, will you be on your own or are your two children also coming along? The webpage indicates the room will be enough for 8 adults and two kids (0-2), but Emilia is three (already), right? How many space will you need?:look:

Unfortunately we will have to pull out of the event this year. :sad::sad:

It has nothing to do with the lack of P-Shop or cost of tour or anything like that; I've just found out I'll have to work on the 8th and 9th. Very disappointing, but earning money has to come before spending it! 

hey Doc! i'd like to share that 8 plus room too, if there's still room :-)

sne

21 hours ago, snefroe said:

hey Doc! i'd like to share that 8 plus room too, if there's still room :-)

sne

Fine!

I want to book the house now. (We will fill the last slot anyway)
Lalandia offers bedlinen and towels for 13€. Who wants?

Just realized I hadn't commented here yet. I'm still going! I'd like to stay in a room with people, but not be room responsible. Cheaper is better, so probably the holiday village for me (but lalandia is fine if things work out that way) :)

16 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Fine!

I want to book the house now. (We will fill the last slot anyway)

I'm in for the bedlinen only since that is an option, and I'll bring my towels. Thanks.

@Holodoc I changed my mind and edited above, if it's not too late. :blush:

So house no. 1 is complete with the following members:

Skalldyr / Peppy / Aredhel / Redhead / MstrOfPppts / MajklSpajkl / Sne and me.
(I'll book as soon as I know about the towels and bedlinen [see above] :wink:)

@Lt. de Martinet: Good to know you're still in! :thumbup: Please get in contact with Ecclesiastes / Calanon / LegoFjotten. Ecclesiastes wrote he would be a room responsible, so you might want to gather with them to share another house/chalet/whatever. :wink:

6 hours ago, Holodoc said:

If it is optional: No thanks. I have allergies to certain detergents, so I always bring my own things to avoid problems :classic: