Holodoc

Eurobricks event 2020 Billund accomodation topic

Hello eventees!

In June we will hopefully meet each other again in beautiful Billund.
Just like last years we want to stay in Legoland village close to the Legoland.
There we stay in wooden lodges, where 5 eventees can share the chalet. The costs are 1500 DKK per night. That's 40€ per person per night -> 160€ for the complete stay. For the first time it seems to be without breakfast! :look:

For that we need so called "room responsibles". These people will gather 4 more eventees around them and will take care for the order (with breakfast / with towels and bed linen [both go extra]) and the money.

So please reply here who will be one of the responsibles and who are the other eventees to share the chalet.

If you want to stay somwhere else - fine! The program will be held on that spot though. :wink:
You can also stay in the camping site next to this place. In either case please reply here to let us now who stays where. Thanks!

EDIT: All the info who stays where here (room responsible):

Holodoc / Redhead / Skalldyr / MajklSpajkl / MstrOfPpts / Peppy / Aredhel / snefroe -> Lalandia (Classic plus house)

Jim & Kitty -> appartment nearby

Rolli -> personal bedroom

Henning M. -> camper at the campsite

Soccerkid -> doesn't need accomodation

LasseD -> accomodation nearby

Cecilie & Ace -> will book accommodation, to be determined where yet

Bonaparte + Steven, Martijn & Danny -> Legoland village

Ecclesiastes / Ryushi / Lt. de Martinet / Calanon / Vaionaut -> all want to stay together with someone, but havent't found a solution yet. (HINT: why not build one group with Ecclesiastes being the room responsible? :wink:)

Pandora & Rufus will stay on their own

The rest (13) still has to raise his/her voice... :sadnew:

KimT
Copmike
Quarryman
StarBricks
Mechamike
Ras74
Cwetqo -> might not come, will tell us on 13th of Feb
LegoFjotten
Legoduden
Tosca
me_minus
julien4599
ScandinavcFH

To sum it up: We will be spread all over the place, but most of us will stay somewhere close to Legoland village.
We obviously won't have breakfast together in the village - but we actually never did that before, because some people always stayed elsewhere. :wink:
Depending on the space the 'Lalandians' could all have breakfast in one of their rooms. Let's see how it turns out.

The plan is to meet in front of the village in the morning and in the meeting room of the village in the afternoon. Even if just a few of us stay there. :devil:

12 hours ago, Kitty said:

Jim & I will stay in a apartment nearby :) 

Yup. We just booked our regular accommodation.

20 hours ago, Kitty said:

Jim & I will stay in a apartment nearby :) 

Which one? Is there a good one where you can stay with kids? Like apartment?! 

Last time in Billund a few of us stayed in one of the Lalandia cabins. They are a lot nicer than the tiny chalets in the Holliday Village. They will be a little more expensive (last time was approx  EUR 220 per person for 4 nights). Something to consider if you haven't booked yet... 

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

Last time in Billund a few of us stayed in one of the Lalandia cabins. They are a lot nicer than the tiny chalets in the Holliday Village. They will be a little more expensive (last time was approx  EUR 220 per person for 4 nights). Something to consider if you haven't booked yet... 

For those who don't know: Lalandia is next to Legoland Village. So this could be an option as well.

Do you know if breakfast is included? If not, what are the costs? What about meeting rooms?

Breakfast is not included, each cabin has a kitchen & fridge so easy & cheap to make your own. No common meeting rooms as far as I know. 

Pillows and duvets are in the houses
Linen + 2 towels  = additional 13€ per person and linen only is 6€. I guess I'll bring my own towels then ...
There seems to be no breakfast option, but the kitchen area is spacey enough to bring your own food (no breakfast in Legoland Village either)

The houses have saunas, and the Aquadome entry is included.

As for the meeting room there seems to be no option at least I don't see any bigger houses on the maps (the one in the Legoland Village is meant for the campers ...)
I also don't know if Lalandia has anything like a meeting room, maybe it's worth asking? But I guess it all closes at 22 anyway.

Maybe June would be good enough to hang out on the terrace outside the house? What is the weather forecast like? :)

50 minutes ago, MstrOfPppts said:

I can be a chalet responsible and am also rooting for the Lalandia cabins. The one for 8 people is around 186€ per person and looks a lot more comfortable with a decent room distribution for mixed groups:

https://www.lalandia.dk/en/billund/holiday-homes/classic-plus-8

This Lalandia offer seems reasonable. Being adult size, it's definitely less claustrophobic there. 

I would prefer the Lalandia cabin. For breakfast, we could buy something at the supermarket. There is a brunch or breakfast buffet in Restaurant il bambino. Could be an option.

Lalandia advertises some corporate, group or school events. Its worth asking if a meeting room for a number of people is available. How many will be there?

The June weather in DK can be anything from 10-27°C and windy/sunny/raining/cloudy. Correct me if I am wrong.:laugh:

9 minutes ago, Redhead1982 said:

How many will be there?

As of today we are 43 according to the sign up topic.

I can honestly sleep anywhere :head_back: so if the village knocking off breakfast is a clincher for you; I am happy to share in any accomodation. Whoever I am roomies with :thumbup:

51 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

I can honestly sleep anywhere :head_back: so if the village knocking off breakfast is a clincher for you; I am happy to share in any accomodation. Whoever I am roomies with :thumbup:

Same for me :classic:

16 hours ago, MstrOfPppts said:

I can be a chalet responsible and am also rooting for the Lalandia cabins. The one for 8 people is around 186€ per person and looks a lot more comfortable with a decent room distribution for mixed groups:

https://www.lalandia.dk/en/billund/holiday-homes/classic-plus-8

I like this option, looks a lot more comfortable :classic::thumbup: 

15 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

The June weather in DK can be anything from 10-27°C and windy/sunny/raining/cloudy. Correct me if I am wrong.:laugh:

That sums it up perfectly:grin:

Don't mind either option of Legoland or Lalandia as they're both next to each other.

I'm a newbie to Eurobricks events so I don't want to be "room responsible"

I would ideally like to be in a chalet/cabin with people who have good english

10 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I would ideally like to be in a chalet/cabin with people who have good english

We use English on this website, so this will also be the case during the event.:wink:

1 hour ago, Ecclesiastes said:

We use English on this website, so this will also be the case during the event.:wink:

I know, but a website where we all write english and speak it are different things.

i wasn’t trying to be difficult.

Just for the sake of a complete record: I'll be staying in my personal bedroom. Its a bit of a walk to Lalandia but hey, nothing beats your own bed :laugh:

3 hours ago, Seasider said:

I know, but a website where we all write english and speak it are different things.

i wasn’t trying to be difficult.

No worries, I was just trying to say that 99% of the attendees speak English well enough.:classic:

Hi all

One thing in favor of using the cabins at LEGOLAND village is the use of the common/meeting room there.  

I will use my camper at the campsite, so no need for me to be in a cabin :-) 

See you all soon