TwoSolitudes

Vote for next UCS at Lego ideas

Recommended Posts

Just now, Rubblemaker said:

I'm not really surprised, the noise surrounding the gunship option was deafening in the Lego community. Oh well, you could always still build my Nebulon-B :) 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-34757/Rubblemaker/ef76-nebulon-b-escort-frigate-with-micro-millenium-falcon/#comments

Was going to say — though it might be a bit cynical — that the Medical Frigate MOC-makers are probably breathing a sigh of relief. :) 

I like your MOC a lot, by the way! It hits the right balance of displayability and affordability. Hope it sells well for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not what I hoped for, but what I was expecting. It will be interesting to have another prequel UCS after so long. I hope the designers knock this one out of the park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rubblemaker said:

the noise surrounding the gunship option was deafening in the Lego community.

Who made the deafening noise then if not the Lego community itself :) Btw mocs like yours is exactly why there is no real need for official UCS frigate IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Was going to say — though it might be a bit cynical — that the Medical Frigate MOC-makers are probably breathing a sigh of relief. :) 

I like your MOC a lot, by the way! It hits the right balance of displayability and affordability. Hope it sells well for you.

Thank you :) Yeah... I kind of might have breathed a tiny sigh of relief... ;)

2 minutes ago, Kristof said:

Who made the deafening noise then if not the Lego community itself :) Btw mocs like yours is exactly why there is no real need for official UCS frigate IMHO.

Ha yes indeed. That pesky lego community and their love of gunships ;) and thanks again Kristof, think mines probably too small to be considered proper UCS standard, but I had a good stab at getting halfway between UCS and Midi scale :)

Edited by Rubblemaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rubblemaker *love of interesting models :grin_wub: If I had to guess, I'd wager that they are gonna sketch out Nebulon as well and then make the epochal release to make everyone happy :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a huge fan of "The Clone Wars," this news has me really excited!  However, I'm curious as to how well the designers will distinguish it from previous sets of this ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very glad to see that the Gunship won, I've always been a huge fan of it and a UCS one could be amazing!

There are a couple of things to note from the blog though:

"It’s time for the designers here at LEGO Group to get designing!" and " We will be revealing more information next year onwards" both seem to imply that none of these sets had at least been prototyped in advance, and we'll be waiting a long time to actually see the Gunship complete.

Also the blog doesn't seem to mention the actual vote counts anywhere, only the positions. It would be interesting to see how much difference there was between the three entrants - it would be good to see at least the Nebulon B get a release as well, if it gathered enough interest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ChocolateCrisps said:

Also the blog doesn't seem to mention the actual vote counts anywhere, only the positions. It would be interesting to see how much difference there was between the three entrants - it would be good to see at least the Nebulon B get a release as well, if it gathered enough interest!

They say over 50% voted Gunship, and in a 3-way vote that's still something big.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChocolateCrisps said:

"It’s time for the designers here at LEGO Group to get designing!" and " We will be revealing more information next year onwards" both seem to imply that none of these sets had at least been prototyped in advance, and we'll be waiting a long time to actually see the Gunship complete.

I wouldn't read too much into that. This was written by someone in marketing, and they're probably just trying to set expectations that this won't be coming out in, say, May or September. They would absolutely have done work on all three designs to ensure feasibility before letting us choose one. UCS sets take as long as several years to get to market, so even assuming they've prototyped the winning design, it would still be 2021 before it reached shelves.

9 minutes ago, ChocolateCrisps said:

Also the blog doesn't seem to mention the actual vote counts anywhere, only the positions. It would be interesting to see how much difference there was between the three entrants - it would be good to see at least the Nebulon B get a release as well, if it gathered enough interest!

I believe it mentioned that the gunship received over half the votes. Which is pretty impressive in a three-way contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to this. I voted for the gunship in the end, but the Nebulon-B would have been great too. That being said, I think its a a safe bet that we will see a UCS Nebulon-B in the future. So I would not despair and be patient. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TeriXeri @jdubbs Thanks for pointing that 50% figure out, I must have missed it in my excitement! That's quite the win for the Gunship, but I wonder how much difference there was between the other two. If the Neb had a significant lead, then I'd imagine that's curtains for the Bomber, at least in UCS scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over half who voted chose the LAAT—I love democracy, I love the Republic Gunship!

I would have been content if the Gunship did not win (I thought it wouldn't due to the supposed "Imperial interference"), but hearing this puts a smile on my face :sweet:

I'm actually surprised so many like the Gunship, but I guess it's mostly due to the TCW.  However, I am confident, and expecting they will make a set based on the appearance from AOTC, not the cartoon.

Anyway, I would have like to see the numbers for how many individuals voted and how many votes each option received? 

Edited by LiLmeFromDaFuture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kristof said:

@Rubblemaker *love of interesting models :grin_wub: If I had to guess, I'd wager that they are gonna sketch out Nebulon as well and then make the epochal release to make everyone happy :D 

They actually had a similar sort of a vote for a regular set back in 2009 (or so, don't remember the exact year) and out of the three options, at least two were actually made: Palpatine's Arrest and Mon Calamari Star Cruiser (the set depicting the interior). I unfortunately do not remember what might have been the third option.

But anyway, I do believe it is totally possible to get to see the Nebulon as well.


- Samppu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping for the Nebulon, but I'm totally fine with the LAAT Gunship too! Now I'm looking into maybe building someone's MOC of the Nebulon ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 10:58 AM, ChocolateCrisps said:

@TeriXeri @jdubbs Thanks for pointing that 50% figure out, I must have missed it in my excitement! That's quite the win for the Gunship, but I wonder how much difference there was between the other two. If the Neb had a significant lead, then I'd imagine that's curtains for the Bomber, at least in UCS scale.

I imagine the neb-b was close, if only because I think about 3 people voted for the bomber. :laugh: The vote really seemed to go Neb-b vs gunship pretty early on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm glad they went with my choice. I'm tired of $700 sets which are hard to find display space for and I already have two UCS tie fighters. besides the RGS (and ARC170 to be fair) is one of the coolest Prequels/Clone Wars ships.

Besides, there are hardly any RGS MOCs, so the chances of "The set sucks compared to X" comments are pretty low. :laugh:

Edited by gotoAndLego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

I'm glad they went with my choice. I'm tired of $700 sets which are hard to find display space for and I already have two UCS tie fighters. besides the RGS (and ARC170 to be fair) is one of the coolest Prequels/Clone Wars ships.

Besides, there are hardly any RGS MOCs, so the chances of "The set sucks compared to X" comments are pretty low. :laugh:

Agreed, the complaints won't be about the build, they'll be about the lack of a certain character, characters, or number of characters. 

I will lead an assault on the lego headquarters if Jedi Bob isn't included though. :laugh:

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I will lead an assault on the lego headquarters if Jedi Bob isn't included though. :laugh:

*Jedi March Intensifies*

It will be done, my lord. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I'd have thought of jedi Bob when I cast my vote (RGS) as an update to him would have been an awesome reference back to him! But I opted to put down 5's squad. Long shot, and I'm more stoked for the build itself! But if ever there was an opportunity for any of them to be made into figures, this is definitely it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 1:47 AM, Fuppylodders said:

I wish I'd have thought of jedi Bob when I cast my vote (RGS) as an update to him would have been an awesome reference back to him! But I opted to put down 5's squad. Long shot, and I'm more stoked for the build itself! But if ever there was an opportunity for any of them to be made into figures, this is definitely it. 

I don't know man, seems like it'll be made based on AOTC, and sounds like we'll get one fan figure. Domino squad, is, as you say, a long shot.

Honestly the RGS and the nebbie both had some pretty good fan figures, we could have jedi bob for the RGS and Rebel friend for the nebuleon-b. Even beach trooper for the tie Bomber!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.