TwoSolitudes

Vote for next UCS at Lego ideas

6 hours ago, STARHAWK said:

Voted for gunship. No interest in Nebulon B -> could build the one which is here from own parts. Tie Bomber is interesting, but the minifig selection would be small. For me minifigs are a must for UCS else i dont need to buy it, but build based on instructions from own bricks. I like to use UCS in scenes, thus purchasing mainly the minifig scaled one. Lately i skipped ISD because 1) its too big, i already have problem where to put Falcon 2) it was not that impressive improvement over the previous one - there are a lot of better ones as MOC with instructions 3) Overpriced 4) minifig selection was a JOKE for the money they are asking - at that pricepoint there should be all the interesting Imperial Officers and also from the Expanded Universe (Ysanne Isard with red uniform for example)

My responses in the voting pool:

I collect mostly minifig size UCS. Will consider purchase only if its detailed and really minifig scale (not oversized). It has to have new parts if needed to achieve perfect shape (cockpit mainly). It could also be modified to 2 variants - regular and special forces/ops with some printed elements and color swap here and there.

It has to have a lot of minifigs, ones that were not released previously and usin all the neded armprints and doublemolds whenever needed. Bad Batch squad for the special ops version, different types of regular phase 1 clonetroopers for the regular version. Perhaps some unique jedis. New clone pilots helmet molds needed Minifigs should be the draw of this set - all other can be build with own bricks -> no need to buy. I already skipped many UCS sets.

You do realize UCS sets are usually made more focused on the actual build then the figures, and that your expectation for minifigures in both the star destroyer and gunship were/are insane. Lego doesn't do legends sets/minifigures anymore and more importantly there's no way we'd get even 4 figures for the gunship, much less your expectation of bad batch, tons of new molds and dual molds, etc.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You do realize UCS sets are usually made more focused on the actual build then the figures, and that your expectation for minifigures in both the star destroyer and gunship were/are insane. Lego doesn't do legends sets/minifigures anymore and more importantly there's no way we'd get even 4 figures for the gunship, much less your expectation of bad batch, tons of new molds and dual molds, etc.

This. I suggested Yoda, Clone Pilot (with new helmet), Clone Trooper. At best. If the gunship wins, we are not getting a clone army. At most we'll get a new pilot and maybe a Jedi (Jedi Bob seems to be popular).

Either way though, we'll see in a few hours.

For me minifigs are a must for UCS else i dont need to buy it

I find this statement bizarre. A few minifigs are a nice little fun bonus in UCS kits but have virtually zero impact on my decision to buy one. I mean seriously, you layout 400 bucks for a display piece and the main thing you are concerned about is a few figures? To each his own I guess.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I stated in my comments my preference would be that for UCS then Nebulon and that the Gunship should be MBS, minfigure scale with several side builds (e.g. partial geonosian arena, one or two of those beasts with the plinths and heros) with several troops and droids & droideka's with a named Jedi (I suggested kit fisto, it's been a while) and named clone like rex or Cody. Just my 2p's worth.

According to polls on stonewars.de and zusammengebaut.com, about 50% voted for the Nebulon B, 35% for the Gunship, and 15% for the TIE. But I don't know how representative these results are.

Edited by Graupensuppe

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Initially maybe yes, but later they added special/exclusive figs to increase the desirability of such costly sets. Minifigs when they dont have new molds are minimal price increase but can help boost sale of a set. Lego did produced Revan so why not, what hinders them ?

Bad batch will be one of the highlight in Season 7 of CW and are very toyetic / suitable for toys. Im not interested in spending hundreds of euros for pile of brick that i already own. If they want to sell me a new product, it has to be NEW for me - so simple.

I dont see such demand for the ISD as it was with the Falcon. Seems they did something wrong there.

My apartment is now full of lego i still have money to spend, but i start to be very picky about my purchases. I assume im not the only one who already reached this point and with UCS i believe the collectors / AFOLS are the target demographic, not the general children.

7 hours ago, TwoSolitudes said:

I find this statement bizarre. A few minifigs are a nice little fun bonus in UCS kits but have virtually zero impact on my decision to buy one. I mean seriously, you layout 400 bucks for a display piece and the main thing you are concerned about is a few figures? To each his own I guess.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Exactly, when i give 400+ Eur for pile of bricks i already own, i expect a lot of extra things i dont have and are wroth the price. Else i can just download the instructions and build the model from own bricks. When u spend several thousand on Lego and accumulate a lot of bricks, you will probably start to looking differently on each set.

That was the reason i skipped on the new ISD:

1) dont have a place to store it at this moment, maybe in the box if i sell some other MISB i have

2) it was not so super impressive, rather would purchase instructions for a better looking MOC

3) no good minifigs to justify the purchase of an overpriced set (even falcon which i purchased for 800 is now selling here for 600, and even less when opened and returned to an e-shop)

So, on the "fan vote closed" post, they said that they're going to make sure there was no "interference from the Empire". It could be a hint, it could just be nice verbiage, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

So, on the "fan vote closed" post, they said that they're going to make sure there was no "interference from the Empire". It could be a hint, it could just be nice verbiage, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Rebellions are built on Hope...

2 hours ago, STARHAWK said:

Initially maybe yes, but later they added special/exclusive figs to increase the desirability of such costly sets. Minifigs when they dont have new molds are minimal price increase but can help boost sale of a set. Lego did produced Revan so why not, what hinders them ?

Bad batch will be one of the highlight in Season 7 of CW and are very toyetic / suitable for toys. Im not interested in spending hundreds of euros for pile of brick that i already own. If they want to sell me a new product, it has to be NEW for me - so simple.

I dont see such demand for the ISD as it was with the Falcon. Seems they did something wrong there.

I think if the Gunship wins, it'll be based on Ep II rather than The Clone Wars.  It's got a more universal appeal, and I would kind of doubt they release a UCS set based on a TV show.  I'm echoing a few others in guessing that the figures would likely be a pilot or two, perhaps one more clone, and maybe either Yoda or Obi-Wan/Anakin/Padme if we were lucky.

Also, I think the question of the ISD's demand clearly being less than the Falcon isn't so much an issue with the figures and more a question of the ship itself.  First off, while the figures in the ISD aren't that exciting, the figures in the Falcon aren't that insane either.  Hoth Leia, Chewbacca, and C-3PO are pretty easy figures to get, and same with Rey, Finn and old Han. I think the only figure that was only available with the set was Han with the blue jacket, but that was put out the same year anyway with Cloud City.  Secondly, I think it's just that the Falcon is way more iconic than an ISD.  If someone was going to spend $700+ on a model, and I think it's safe to assume that many people probably are only going to pick one of them, I would guess more people would go for the Falcon.  If you wanted to display the model, which for something that size, I think many people will, the Falcon is going to look a lot better on a shelf than basically a giant gray triangle.  Last thing, I think a lot of people saw the resale value of the original UCS Falcon and bought the new one assuming that, even if they build it, it'll still be worth something once the set retires.  

16 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I think if the Gunship wins, it'll be based on Ep II rather than The Clone Wars.  It's got a more universal appeal, and I would kind of doubt they release a UCS set based on a TV show.  I'm echoing a few others in guessing that the figures would likely be a pilot or two, perhaps one more clone, and maybe either Yoda or Obi-Wan/Anakin/Padme if we were lucky.

Also, I think the question of the ISD's demand clearly being less than the Falcon isn't so much an issue with the figures and more a question of the ship itself.  First off, while the figures in the ISD aren't that exciting, the figures in the Falcon aren't that insane either.  Hoth Leia, Chewbacca, and C-3PO are pretty easy figures to get, and same with Rey, Finn and old Han. I think the only figure that was only available with the set was Han with the blue jacket, but that was put out the same year anyway with Cloud City.  Secondly, I think it's just that the Falcon is way more iconic than an ISD.  If someone was going to spend $700+ on a model, and I think it's safe to assume that many people probably are only going to pick one of them, I would guess more people would go for the Falcon.  If you wanted to display the model, which for something that size, I think many people will, the Falcon is going to look a lot better on a shelf than basically a giant gray triangle.  Last thing, I think a lot of people saw the resale value of the original UCS Falcon and bought the new one assuming that, even if they build it, it'll still be worth something once the set retires.  

Figures on Falcon were a letdown for me. The only complain i had when purchasing it, but the model was so good that it out-weight the negative with figures.

Agree with the UCS Falcon to be a better ship to display and with the reselling potential. There were people flipping them like crazy before christmas. I was just about 3h before opening to secure mine when at the official start of sale date.

But they should be aware that when they want to sell something so expensive and so big (takes a lot of money and space thus the target audience/buyers is not that big), they should make it perfect - tossing some additional figs in there is a minimal cost increase i think.

Some of the posts make me wonder whether these people even like the aspect of assembling the lego set, enjoying the way it's put together and appreciating the final design... It sounds like for some of you it would be better to get a massive die-cast model with a bunch of collective items, no matter what they are, as long as they are rare and you can cherish them for that and just look forward to the set to be discontinued :D

Apparently (and thankfully) Lego has plenty of other customers so they don't have to turn their big sets into some price-inflated exclusive collectible packs.

Nothing against a few minifigs in any sort of set and if there is some exclusive, well so be it, still fine, likely helps some people to pull the trigger, nothing too shabby still. But to make it THE big deal and regard to the rest of the set as to 'pile of bricks' seems to me like missing the whole point of lego fandom :)

15 hours ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Um, i never said that. I was responding to someonw who said that, why did you change the qoute?

7 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Yay, nebuleon-b, maybe, unless they're just talking about vote intereference, or the bomber had the most votes and they're just really surprised :roflmao:

Edited by Mandalorianknight

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

or the bomber had the most votes and they're just really surprised :roflmao:

The dark horse rides again! :grin:

Dang! I thought voting was open until the 31st, so I missed out! My vote would have been for the Republic Gunship. Which confuses me because I'm a massive Empire fan and love that scene where Luke get's his robotic hand... but yeah i just think the Gunship would make for a better LEGO UCS set.

14 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

According to polls on stonewars.de and zusammengebaut.com, about 50% voted for the Nebulon B, 35% for the Gunship, and 15% for the TIE. But I don't know how representative these results are.

Depends how large the sample population is of course. But have they said anything about when presenting the results?

Um, i never said that. I was responding to someonw who said that, why did you change the qoute?

Yay, nebuleon-b, maybe, unless they're just talking about vote intereference, or the bomber had the most votes and they're just really surprised :roflmao:

haha- I was quoting (or trying to quote) Starhawk, not you. I agree with you. I just highlighted his bit and pressed the quote button. Sorry for the confusion. 

I didn't by the ISD because I was not crazy about the design of the ship after seeing it upclose. If it had come with 5 awesome minifigs, it would have had no impact on my decision.

I did by the MF. If the Falcon had come with just 2 ordinary minifgs, I still would have bought it, because its a fantastic looking design.  

1 hour ago, TwoSolitudes said:

haha- I was quoting (or trying to quote) Starhawk, not you. I agree with you. I just highlighted his bit and pressed the quote button. Sorry for the confusion. 

I didn't by the ISD because I was not crazy about the design of the ship after seeing it upclose. If it had come with 5 awesome minifigs, it would have had no impact on my decision.

I did by the MF. If the Falcon had come with just 2 ordinary minifgs, I still would have bought it, because its a fantastic looking design.  

Sorry, I was really confused at first but that makes sense now.

I haven't bought any UCS yet except the death star, and (don't kill me) Assault on Hoth, and even then at a steep discount. (Because assault on hoth never should have been worth anywhere near $250) I'm trying to save for the star destroyer, but if the Nebuleon-b releases it will probably be my first UCS purchase in years. If the gunship wins, I'll personally be disappointed but I'm happy for the gunship fans (or at least the ones who would be grateful for it winning and not screaming at lego because it doesn't include all 194 clones they wanted), and it should certainly be a nice model. If the TIE bomber wins I'll probably believe lego meant that "interference from the empire" line quite literally :roflmao: 

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Depends how large the sample population is of course. But have they said anything about when presenting the results?

Not yet. I'm confused by this "interference from the empire thing". Is this just a joke, or did someone actually try to hack the vote?

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not yet. I'm confused by this "interference from the empire thing". Is this just a joke, or did someone actually try to hack the vote?

It could be the possibility of illegitimate votes cast by fake accounts? :shrug_confused:

10 hours ago, Kristof said:

Some of the posts make me wonder whether these people even like the aspect of assembling the lego set, enjoying the way it's put together and appreciating the final design... It sounds like for some of you it would be better to get a massive die-cast model with a bunch of collective items, no matter what they are, as long as they are rare and you can cherish them for that and just look forward to the set to be discontinued :D

Apparently (and thankfully) Lego has plenty of other customers so they don't have to turn their big sets into some price-inflated exclusive collectible packs.

Nothing against a few minifigs in any sort of set and if there is some exclusive, well so be it, still fine, likely helps some people to pull the trigger, nothing too shabby still. But to make it THE big deal and regard to the rest of the set as to 'pile of bricks' seems to me like missing the whole point of lego fandom :)

Oh man I agree with you so much

13 hours ago, Kristof said:

+1 man, having a pile of bricks transforming into this amazing set is the best feeling.

15 hours ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

It could be the possibility of illegitimate votes cast by fake accounts? :shrug_confused:

Yes more likely, last minute created accounts just to vote. I dont usually apologize beforehand, but Im sorry to all fans in here if I say, is lego really that important so people would cheat an inquiry ;), im joking but still not, like in comparison with a democratic election

17 hours ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

True.

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Yes more likely, last minute created accounts just to vote. I dont usually apologize beforehand, but Im sorry to all fans in here if I say, is lego really that important so people would cheat an inquiry ;), im joking but still not, like in comparison with a democratic election

It unforutnately seems to be the case for some people.

a new tie bomber would be nice, but i rather would like to see a play set of that, not an ucs set. same for the republic gunship. nebulon B would be perfect for ucs, simply because it would be hard to make a play set out of it.