Sign in to follow this  
Fraunces

[SR - FB] Lothario's poker lounge

~Parrots whispering~

"What do you mean bluff? Your Sea Rat master didn't bluff once all this time!"

"Listen Popsy, I do love your visits to the Rock, but this Carnovian captain you are travelling with does not know the first thing about poker. He already lost his first all-in and keeps playing risky. You will not be making a single doubloon this trade run that I can tell you!"

"At least we are heading for adventure after we have taken these chips and loaded the guns tomorrow! We are going to fight off the Lotii!"

"Pff .. better to be profiting of wars than joining 'em. Look at the Mardierians! They have lost half an empire fighting useless wars."

"Talk about useless: your master just went all-in on a 7 - 2 !"

Lothario Fraunces poker Lounge

Just a small build showing off my poker table. It is placed in "Lothario's poker lounge" in the Sereen Cay, the Rock, zone 31. Traders, buccaneers and imperial captains of all nations come here to spend some of their ill-gotten doubloons or soldiers-salaries. Current players on this table are Lothario Fraunces, facing off a Carnovian captain on his last stop off to war, other players include a Corrington Lieutenant, an Eslandolan trader, a Mardierian conquistador and a Black-Flag Sea Rat captain.

Better picture of the poker lounge:

Excellent build, Fraunces - the green center of the table is great, and the rest of the furnishings are quite nice, as well as the figs!  That and I love the way you've presented it from the parrots' perspective! :pir-grin:

Beautiful table. I love how well the camera focused on that shiny chrome gold coin! The whole scene looks nice and the grouping of minifigs looks really good. And the parrots' conversation is a perfect way to write it!

I love this concept, and so well executed. The first shot of the parrots with the background out of focus is wonderful. Excellent build, story, and photography all around. :thumbup:

I’m going to steal a term from my 9 y.o.; this is ‘awesome sauce’! (I assume that means something incredibly positive)

On 1/23/2020 at 9:10 PM, Professor Thaum said:

I love this one !

Thanks Professor!

On 1/23/2020 at 9:30 PM, Garmadon said:

Excellent build, Fraunces - the green center of the table is great, and the rest of the furnishings are quite nice, as well as the figs!  That and I love the way you've presented it from the parrots' perspective! :pir-grin:

Thanks a lot! I actually missed some parts for this build but thanks for the appreciation 

On 1/23/2020 at 9:55 PM, Captain Dee said:

Beautiful table. I love how well the camera focused on that shiny chrome gold coin! The whole scene looks nice and the grouping of minifigs looks really good. And the parrots' conversation is a perfect way to write it!

Thanks Captain Dee, one can never show your LEGO-coins off too much right! :laugh:

On 1/23/2020 at 10:06 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I love this concept, and so well executed. The first shot of the parrots with the background out of focus is wonderful. Excellent build, story, and photography all around. :thumbup:

Thanks , glad you liked it. The idea came to me while I was "bored building" with the new blue parrot and the pokercards piece, and before I knew it, I had a poker lounge in the works  :pir-grin:

On 1/24/2020 at 1:23 AM, Bodi said:

Talking parrots.:pir_laugh2: That's a fine example of nice interior scene.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:07 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice build and presentation!

On 1/24/2020 at 1:37 AM, Kwatchi said:
On 1/24/2020 at 1:37 AM, Kwatchi said:

I’m going to steal a term from my 9 y.o.; this is ‘awesome sauce’! (I assume that means something incredibly positive)

On 1/24/2020 at 5:39 PM, Roody said:

Love how the kegs on the wall look!

Thanks all! Glad everyone (young and old :pir_laugh2:)  liked the build.

19 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I am a bit late to praise this but I like the scene a lot.

Great idea to have the parrots whispering to each other.

It is actually an idea I stole from you, I always love the secret-monkey-stories and had it in my mind when building this :laugh_hard:

The "parrot perspective" used here in both pictures and storytelling is excellent, and in general, it is a really nice build!

Jeez :pir-classic: This is the first time I've seen something like this. This is very cool, as a poker player I would also like to have a Lego like this. You just inspired me to buy something like this, or build it from different parts of Lego. I've always been interested in this, but now I see different posts on this forum, and I understand why it attracts me so much. Maybe I'm a collector who just doesn't have the courage to collect it. And now I realize that I can not only play poker https://holdemtour.com , but also to collect Lego. I would like to put something like Star Wars and poker together, I think it will be fun :pir-huzzah2: Thanks for the post btw

Edited by Gratewap

9 hours ago, Gratewap said:

Jeez :pir-classic: This is the first time I've seen something like this. This is very cool, as a poker player I would also like to have a Lego like this. You just inspired me to buy something like this, or build it from different parts of Lego. I've always been interested in this, but now I see different posts on this forum, and I understand why it attracts me so much. Maybe I'm a collector who just doesn't have the courage to collect it. And now I realize that I can not only play poker , but also to collect Lego. I would like to put something like Star Wars and poker together, I think it will be fun :pir-huzzah2: Thanks for the post btw

Hey @Gratewap no problem amigo, glad to be an inspiration to you! And yes! go ahead and buy some LEGO's. I play poker as well, which gave me the inspiration for this creation. Feel free to stick around on the Brethren of the Brick Seas forum where many cool ideas put into LEGO come by. Joining is easy, once you have a sigfig (mine is a pirate poker player :pir-huzzah2:  )   you can build whatever you want.

I didn't comment on this one earlier - nice build! Some great up-close-and-personal interior shots

No luck at all on betting lately, like a curse. Can you find special amulets or talismans?

Edited by oliverqq

17 minutes ago, oliverqq said:

No luck at all on betting lately, like a curse. Can you find special amulets or talismans?

Yes sir! Plenty of talismans for sale in Bastion, Charlatan Bay, the Sereen Cay, New Nassau or, if you can find it, Black Rock!

The poker lounge looks great. A lot is happening in the room. I like the poker table in front of the fireplace.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:36 PM, Fraunces said:

~Parrots whispering~

"What do you mean bluff? Your Sea Rat master didn't bluff once all this time!"

"Listen Popsy, I do love your visits to the Rock, but this Carnovian captain you are travelling with does not know the first thing about poker. He already lost his first all-in and keeps playing risky. You will not be making a single doubloon this trade run that I can tell you!"

"At least we are heading for adventure after we have taken these chips and loaded the guns tomorrow! We are going to fight off the Lotii!"

"Pff .. better to be profiting of wars than joining 'em. Look at the Mardierians! They have lost half an empire fighting useless wars."

"Talk about useless: your master just went all-in on a 7 - 2 !"

Just a small build showing off my poker table. It is placed in "Lothario's poker lounge" in the Sereen Cay, the Rock, zone 31. Traders, buccaneers and imperial captains of all nations come here to spend some of their ill-gotten doubloons or soldiers-salaries. Current players on this table are Lothario Fraunces, facing off a Carnovian captain on his last stop off to war, other players include a Corrington Lieutenant, an Eslandolan trader, a Mardierian conquistador and a Black-Flag Sea Rat captain.

Better picture of the poker lounge:

On 1/24/2020 at 2:37 AM, Kwatchi said:

On 1/24/2020 at 6:39 PM, Roody said:

Love how the kegs on the wall look!

As a child, I also lined up little men and played, it really took me back to the past)))