Yes, another C-model of the 42078 set :blush:

img_1052b.jpg

In the last 3 months I enjoyed my spare time in building a C-model of the 42078 Mack Anthem. 

My truck is an 8x4 flatbed version, with foldable crane behind the cab.

img_1017b.jpg

I worked a lot on the cab shape, as already mentioned in @grego18f topic, who was building a Volvo FH too!

img_0989b.jpg

It has opening doors but no tilting cab and no fake engine (I preferred a better looking cab than changing the shape to let the cab tilt).

The crane is functional (all functions are manual), knobs are on both sides of the model.

Main problem is the absence of the turntable. The crane is quite stable, but of course cannot load heavy loads. You can of course mod it adding a small turntable :classic:

img_1035b.jpg

Outriggers control knob is on the back:

img_1006b.jpg

I added 2 attachments: fake hook with chains, to move a small container, and forklift to move small pallets.

img_1030b.jpg

img_0993b.jpg

Video:

Model consists of around 1500 parts (so you have around 1000 leftover parts - mostly small parts and Lego System bricks).

Instructions can be found on rebrickable:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-34643/technicprojects/volvo-crane-truck

pagina_184.jpg

Stickers are custom made and could be available for purchase soon.

I hope you like it!

That's a very nice looking model. It feels really authentic and should be interesting for younger audience as well since playability seems top notch.

The cabin looks really good! I Think your prioritisation of form over function is justified in this case. Bought your instructions immediately. Thanks! This set turns out the best value for money with all these excellent C Models!

I have replied at RB but here will write once again - the steering system is a good ancestor to 42054 Claas (has no ever a single gear or rack) and just pure genius! :thumbup:

Thank you for your kind words! 

I think the 42078 is really a good set for C-models :excited:

Very nice model. Clean and effective build.

Good job !

23 minutes ago, M_longer said:

As I said earlier, marvelous model.

How many parts were left?

I saw that uses around 1000 parts less than the Lego set.

I like more than the set congratulations :thumbup: .

Yes, 1000 parts left you can use for future Mocs :sweet:

Most of them are pins and regular Lego System bricks :wink:

Just now, Void_S said:

If I'm not mistaken, that link should show the parts remaining from he 42078 set after building this Volvo crane truck

Cool, I have forgot about that option at Rebrcikable :)

7 hours ago, Void_S said:

If I'm not mistaken, that link should show the parts remaining from he 42078 set after building this Volvo crane truck: https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=MOC-34643&1-inv=45806&1-user_list=&2-set=42078-1&2-inv=21270&2-user_list=

Oh I didn't know this feature in Rebrickable, thank you! It shows also the 4 spare parts (included in 42078) needed to complete the model.

With the remaining parts we can build more attachments and loads :laugh:

14 hours ago, mpj said:

For those who built my Volvo truck, and don't know what to do with the remaining parts, I give you an idea: you can build this simple forklift, it will match the Volvo truck quite well. :classic:

Yawww... Now it's a fully playable set that has imho even more playability rather than the A model. I see this set now is accompanied with 42098 as a fantastic pair or truck-about competitors: DBG vs Red, modern-effective vs old-school classic (I still prefer 42078 for unique solutions). And new models still keeps coming, thank you guys for making this world amazing! :thumbup:

I have made 2 new versions of my Volvo truck. A 2 axle and a 3 axle tractor units.

img_1123.jpg

img_1148.jpg

Both models are built with parts from set 42078 Mack Anthem.

The functions are simple: steering and opening doors. The 4x2 tractor has adjustable rear height.

img_1106.jpg

The fifth wheel is the same of the Mack model, so there are many compatible trailers.

Instructions can be found here:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-37849/technicprojects/volvo-fh-tractor-unit-2-options/#bi

img_1133.jpg

I hope you like it! :blush: