Hello! I'm Bogdan Kazak, I'm new here. I want to introduce you to my very old model. Built from an old lego technic - a Subaru Impreza WRX STI in the hatchback that Ken Block had once ridden

LcCXiH_2giY.jpg

Q9g6Y1atKLQ.jpg

Nay4zQesqtc.jpg

5GP0HCrKUUk.jpg

7KPUD-6JOFI.jpg

hsYepNgM3sE.jpg

g30LM8TyCs8.jpg

jLeIVeWwRPo.jpg

AuifHRME3og.jpg

TK5SUKMZ8s4.jpg

tLvHYVAOisE.jpgeT2ZuZWaQxw.jpg

Thank you for watching!

Edited by kazak-fr

@kazak-fr: Wow, totally missed that post. I like that car a lot, especially the use of old Technic bricks and old style panels :thumbup: - something not seen very often here! Also pictures are really well done. Looking forward to other posts about your models. That's because I actually found this post from watching a few of your videos about your excellent models on YouTube. And not seeing them here makes me a little sad, as I find them too good to just be on YT. So again, looking forward to other posts about your models. :sweet:

Interesting time-spanning style with studded beams and frame, liftarms, panels, flex axle, and ribbed hose.

I even see an old style bevel gear on the differential, that takes me back!

I really like the back light surrounds on this. I’m not normally into wireframe models but this is really really good. The lines are fantastic 

Edited by MinusAndy

The body frame is heavily overloaded by tiny and flimsy parts, 

in my opinion.

Just now, Parazels said:

What do you mean?

9 minutes ago, johnnym said:

What do you mean?

I mean what I have written. We need to look for the simplest solutions to build a model.

Take a look at 42056 or 8880! Their design is relatively simple, but extremely efficient. You can definitely imagine, how these car would look in reality.

Edited by Parazels

27 minutes ago, Parazels said:

in my opinion.

There does seem to be more than a few items "oh, and one more thing" added on.

The whole body does look like it'd break apart very easily.

Edited by amorti

I quite like the slightly cluttered look as I find the actual cars a bit cluttered too.

also I think it’s nice to see someone’s thought processes in a model and I get that with this one.

regarding the strength; given that it’s a toy and not an actual rally car it should be ok ;)

50 minutes ago, Parazels said:

I mean what I have written. We need to look for the simplest solutions to build a model.

You (personally) can do that, but it's not a must for everyone IMO - I mean these are just toys (as @MinusAndy already pointed out) although sophisticated ones. I personally also like to simplify things, but usually not at the cost of loosing details. And I think it sometimes also depends on the mood of the creator if a simple or complex solution is chosen for a specific part of a creation, so I usually don't think much about that.