fromthebeanbag

Lego Train Fails..

Attempted to setup a massive indoor/outdoor lego trainset yesterday, and came off with alot of impressive crashes! Looks like i need some practice in setting gradients properly.. Perhaps next time i'll make the bridges out of lego too.. :)

This video reminds me of when I had my original Big Boy, and accidentally powered it on while it was on a shelf. It shot out an open window, fell two stories, and shattered on the ground below. 

4 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Lovely video! 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Carefree_Dude said:

This video reminds me of when I had my original Big Boy, and accidentally powered it on while it was on a shelf. It shot out an open window, fell two stories, and shattered on the ground below. 

I feel your pain! Luckily most of the destruction on this track was minor. 

The stock 60197 locomotive is quite light (even with PUP battery box). I think adding a little weight in the empty space between the cabin and battery box mount would help it, especially at speed on R40 curves. 1x1 plate towers, perhaps?

18 minutes ago, izx said:

The stock 60197 locomotive is quite light (even with PUP battery box). I think adding a little weight in the empty space between the cabin and battery box mount would help it, especially at speed on R40 curves. 1x1 plate towers, perhaps?

Lead weight from by scuba weight belt might do the trick! :) 

Okay, the video begs the question... did the train ever stay on the track? Looks like had a fun time and I like the single track mainline.

On 1/23/2020 at 1:15 PM, Carefree_Dude said:

OMG!

See you have a new set, the big stickers at the front of the engine no longer block out the yellow under neigh.  White and the Lt gray on the sticker are just not what I would expect from TLG.  Surprised more AFOL aren't taking up arms against this.

Your layout looks like fun.  Might want to slow things down a bit thou....especially in the corners.:thumbup:

On 1/29/2020 at 11:27 AM, LegoDW said:

See you have a new set, the big stickers at the front of the engine no longer block out the yellow under neigh.  White and the Lt gray on the sticker are just not what I would expect from TLG.  Surprised more AFOL aren't taking up arms against this.

Your layout looks like fun.  Might want to slow things down a bit thou....especially in the corners.:thumbup:

Yeah corner speed definitely an issue with the go pro not balanced and hanging off one side...