4 minutes ago, kbalage said:

But the Volvo will have it in LBG as the dashboard :) 

Oh, nice, talk about creative part usage. Although that makes it even stranger to use a white mudguard here, as the surrounding parts are LBG.

I'm sure others noticed already but I only now took a close look at the water tank behind the cabin and noticed that there's the new biscuit part in white, which is a new colour too. I have to say though, that the tank looks absolutely horrible, it really needs something to cap the ends. Maybe a white 4x4 dish would do, as 5x5 dishes don't exist.

Personally, I think the reason they went with the giant drum is because it’ll be extremely useful in GBCs. I bet we’ll see a GBC moc that pretty much just uses this set

6 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Personally, I think the reason they went with the giant drum is because it’ll be extremely useful in GBCs. I bet we’ll see a GBC moc that pretty much just uses this set

The other end appears to be closed so I don't immediately see how it could be useful in GBC's. I'm sure that GBC makers will invent some use for it though, but I doubt that played any role in design considerations.

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

The other end appears to be closed so I don't immediately see how it could be useful in GBC's. I'm sure that GBC makers will invent some use for it though, but I doubt that played any role in design considerations.

Easy - have balls come in through the entry hole, flying in over the ones getting pushed out by the screw.

6 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Easy - have balls come in through the entry hole, flying in over the ones getting pushed out by the screw.

Maybe, if the opening is big enough for both entering and exiting balls to pass simultaneously. I guess we'll see soon enough after the set is released if something like this is feasible.

8 hours ago, howitzer said:

Maybe, if the opening is big enough for both entering and exiting balls to pass simultaneously. I guess we'll see soon enough after the set is released if something like this is feasible.

From the photos I’ve seen, it should just be big enough

932be343ad4bd113dd6b1e624dafa40f4afb057e.jpg
Seems like the tank is two big pieces. No idea how inside will look like and what it can be used at MOC.
maybe GBC or rocket shield?

Lego has really improved on their designs over the years. That truck looks amazing. Wish it was a little bit bigger scale so it could be RC'd easily. 

Is there any info about the inside of the drum? Any chance of it having the required Archimedes screw?

2 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Is there any info about the inside of the drum? Any chance of it having the required Archimedes screw?

From sets picture:

999_ausschnitt.png

Does it fit the size of balls used for GBC?

47 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I just realised, there's no side view mirrors D:

That can be fixed easily:

20200622_114250.png

This is +5 pieces per side

3 hours ago, anyUser said:

Does it fit the size of balls used for GBC

Looks to me that the opening is aprox 6 wide.
Loading balls should however be exactly in the upper half of the opening, maybe best shooting them in from a little distance so the picture is not disturbed.

Some updates for the digital model: https://bricksafe.com/files/Void_s/42112/42112 - Concrete Mixer.io

• Cabin (no interior so far)
  • Steering (axles + HOG)
  • Mixer's front stand with water tank and gearing
  • Rear "funnel" with rotatable chute

Known issues: Stud.io has no new "linear clutch 3L" (used in Liebherr 42100) so I used 3L worm gear in white instead. Curious why TLG added a clutch here...

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg  640x360.jpg

Edited by Void_S

On 6/22/2020 at 9:48 AM, SamuelYsc said:

932be343ad4bd113dd6b1e624dafa40f4afb057e.jpg
Seems like the tank is two big pieces. No idea how inside will look like and what it can be used at MOC.
maybe GBC or rocket shield?

Looking at that and other pics, has anyone noticed that there is the new clutch from 42100 underneath the drum? Between the yellow and dbg axle

I double a truck like this one this week on the highway and I thought he lost his rearview mirror before! Then I saw the eye of the camera!

The concrete trucks I see going about have rearview mirrors, so I guess that technology has yet to hit England. Or, at least, the part of England where I live. :grin:

53 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

The concrete trucks I see going about have rearview mirrors, so I guess that technology has yet to hit England. Or, at least, the part of England where I live. :grin:

Plus, it could be too expensive to have this technology at the construction vehicle, where there is even a special name of the second person, the "chuteman" who guides the machine movements and operates the chute itself and concrete discharge.
Moreover, such machines have noting common with aerodynamic at all, so getting rid of some "protruding parts" doesn't work here as well.

On 6/22/2020 at 10:38 AM, anyUser said:

From sets picture:

999_ausschnitt.png

Does it fit the size of balls used for GBC?

OK, now we are talking.  I might (almost) forgive the only-two-pieces thing for this...

Edited by aeh5040

On 6/22/2020 at 9:57 AM, Bartybum said:

I just realised, there's no side view mirrors D:

I just was looking at the high res image on brickset and too noticed the lack of wing mirrors?  Maybe it's meant to be like these new Merc Trucks which have cameras all around?

It does look like in lieu of the wing mirrors is a new 1 x 1/2 stud bush? 

On 6/25/2020 at 12:11 PM, paul_delahaye said:

It does look like in lieu of the wing mirrors is a new 1 x 1/2 stud bush? 

I think that's just a 44.pngand a 1/2 thickness liftarm

On 6/26/2020 at 10:16 PM, aeh5040 said:

I think that's just a 44.pngand a 1/2 thickness liftarm

Looking again, I think you are right