You can see the white in the water tank behind the cab and the white line between the blue and dark blue on the cab.

I definitely think that mudguard part is LBG, it looks the same as the other LBG parts I can see.

7 hours ago, N-4K0 said:

You can see the white in the water tank behind the cab and the white line between the blue and dark blue on the cab.

I definitely think that mudguard part is LBG, it looks the same as the other LBG parts I can see.

That mudguard is significantly lighter than the LBG beam next to it though isn’t it?

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Any idea what this part is supposed to be doing on the side of the cab? Suggestions on a postcard.

6178359.jpg

I think it's just there to fill a gap.  A 3L liftarm can't be fixed in place and perhaps will collide with the 6x4 bent liftarm. The set probably doesn't use 2L liftarm with x-o holes, or it does, but that part isn't in blue.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think it's just there to fill a gap.  A 3L liftarm can't be fixed in place and perhaps will collide with the 6x4 bent liftarm. The set probably doesn't use 2L liftarm with x-o holes, or it does, but that part isn't in blue.

If that's the case, white would have worked okay there as well.

On 6/14/2020 at 2:08 AM, Bartybum said:

That mudguard is significantly lighter than the LBG beam next to it though isn’t it?

It does look lighter, but I think it looks the same as other LBG parts like the rims and other liftarms that are visible.

Maybe the darker looking liftarm is DBG? Or it could be some strange shadow issue?

So, if the drum is 6 pieces (cone, cylinder, cone, each divided into 2 halves), I can see them being useful elsewhere.  If it is just 2 halves then all I can say is :facepalm:

Edited by aeh5040

36 minutes ago, aeh5040 said:

So, if the drum is 6 pieces (cone, cylinder, cone, each divided into 2 halves), I can see them being useful elsewhere.  If it is just 2 halves then all I can say is :facepalm:

I think I agree there. For example, lego just released some water slide tube pieces, they are great because instead of us being forced to attach them at pretty much 0 degrees using plates on top, they lock together in themselves and can be rotated at any angle then attached to a base plate with, say, plates and hinges and they fit inside of 1x6 arch bricks/inverted arch bricks too - clever part design.

So, if lego makes the mixing drum consisting of 6 pieces, it is more flexible with the whole lego system but costs more to make and isn't as strong. So I hope it is in 6 pieces

Edited by SNIPE

On 6/15/2020 at 7:39 PM, aeh5040 said:

In the pictures it looks like two halves of the drum. There are holes for pins on the drum. There is no trace between cone and cylinder

Just now, eric trax said:

In the pictures it looks like two halves of the drum. There are holes for pins on the drum. There is no trace between cone and cylinder

Then all I can say is :facepalm:

There’s a dark blue 5x11 panel plate on the top of the cabin, previously exclusive to 41999.

1x3 liftarms making a return as well as 1x5, which are currently impossible to find.

It looks there is a mini fake motor inside the cab, between the 2 seats.

Apart from the useless drum parts, this seems to be a decent little set for people starting out with Technic. It seems a bit simple, but it has the necessary elements (steering, and a fake engine), and is a new type of vehicle. So far, I like it. But yeah, I'm increasinly baffled by Lego's willingness to produce such huge single-use parts. I thought that was wat brought their demise 20 years ago. They'll sure know what they're doing, but it doesn't feel Lego-y to do it like this. I thought there were quite a few cone elements already in some themes. Produce matching quarter-cylinder parts and you're good to go.

The 1x3 beam at the front of the cabin seems black though, not dark-blue :)

Edited by Erik Leppen

There appears to be 1x3 dark blue liftarms in the top back corners of the cabin. It has also appeared in couple of Bionicle sets about 15 years ago. There are also few other dark blue liftarms that have only appeared in Bionicle sets long ago.

Edited by howitzer

@Erik Leppen I like the drum part. It's hard to do rotational parts well with panels, and I'm not sure what other solution could have been done for this. I don't think TLG would have done a brickbuilt drum a la @Lasse D , so I think this will be fine. Dark Blue does seem a little restrictive to me though.

I like the addition of the little engine. It's a nice touch. 

I'm pretty sure the decision to make a whole new drum part is an economical one, because even if it's a big part that has few uses, the only other options would've been either not making a concrete mixer or making an ugly panel-built drum or brick-built one with a huge number of parts, most of them not Technic. Besides, large single-purpose parts have been with TLG for a long, long time as there are hundreds of boat-related parts that are somewhere between hard and impossible to use as anything else beside their original purpose. And who knows, maybe we'll get another concrete mixer in a couple of years, perhaps in another colour and different style/functions.

3 hours ago, howitzer said:

No LBG mudguard, sadly it appears to be white.

But the Volvo will have it in LBG as the dashboard :) 

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

There’s a dark blue 5x11 panel plate on the top of the cabin, previously exclusive to 41999.

Oh my gosh, I have been waiting for this forever!

It looks like there is a linear clutch under the drum as well. Is this is for the rotation of the rear chute slewing? 

Actually, it looks like the rear chute is manual, and the clutch is for the drum rotation. I think I got confused thinking the gearbox was for two different functions, when it seems like its for connection and disconnection to the truck while driving.

Edited by Thirdwigg
Function misunderstanding