I really love the direction of those mid scale truck. First the Mack, then the Car Transporter, then this. I think TLG is Technic-ifying some of the trucks in the City themes. This would allow a more diverse array of truck types to choose from.

The funny thing is, that the drum pieces might be used in an upcoming plane or helicopter set, maybe as an air intaker, which would be a huge set!

58 minutes ago, Akassin said:

found another photo

Where did you find that? Any more pictures of 42114 other than the one already posted in the main 2020 set thread?

So the drum is 6 pieces? Rear view shows a join in the top.
Perhaps they'll end up reused as round versions of BURP/LURP?

So what functions would it have? Obviously steering front axles, rotation of the drum (powered from the rear wheels, can be engaged/disengaged?) and tilting of the drum? Maybe manual manipulation of the unloading shute in the back, but that would be about it I guess. Still decent enough for it's size.

Edit: rtfm:innocent:... Functions as posted in first post. Tilting the drum makes no sense anyway, it has the internal screw for 'pumping up' the load. Maybe you can reverse the (driven) rotation direction of the drum between 'mixing' and 'unloading' though? Unless it is just manual, then you just turn the knob the other way around :sadnew:...

Edited by Rudivdk

Anyone knows if this is Bruder licenced? :devil::grin::tongue:

Doesn't seem to have any suspension or any other than basic functions, maybe there is a small fake engine below the cab, but that is it.

I quite like it though, but I doubt it would end up in my final budget plan...

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What's the white block thingy in front of the drum for?

Water tank...

OT. But if people have the catalogue with no "confidential" stamp, why do they take bad and "fast" photos like if they are paparazzi ?! :wall:

I seems to be a good and playable truck. There never has been an official concrete truck so something new is always welcome. At first I disliked the two-piece drum, but in order to make the drum functional, I think there were little other options. I hope that it’s true that the drum can either be driven by hand (as shown in the images) when the truck is stationary or can be connected to an axle to be driven while driving.

Some minor points of improvements: the sides of water tank look unfinished and I don’t like the detailing of its “face”.  I would like to have seen some engine details behind the cab, but I can understand they didn’t to keep the price down. Not a fan of the two tone blue color scheme though, a combination of blue cabin with a white drum would be more reminiscent of the trucks I see driving around.

€100 is a too high price for this set.

Last year a bought Mack for that price!

And now you can purchase a car transporter for €100 as well!

I've just found this image in instagram and it is not cut out on top and bottom. So you see (on top) the gear box, and (on bottom) the lenght: 42cm

Edited by mpj

Just now, Parazels said:

Yeah because sales. This'll go for similar in sales

1 hour ago, Parazels said:

That's RRP though, and this set isn't exclusive to LEGO so you can probably find it cheaper right away.

Nice to see it has a payload! 1L beams are a good choice. "CM 42112" probably just means "Concrete/Cement Mixer 42112" so that gives little insight as to who designed it. Likely Alfred, given that it uses a lot of "of-the-moment" or simplified parts (biscuits, the drum) and has two shades of blue separated by white trim (two shades of green SBWT in 42080). Also, a crank for the drum! :sweet:

No B-model, though. That is becoming a disheartening trend. :sad:

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

No B-model, though. That is becoming a disheartening trend

It seems that there are just alternate builds for smaller (and non-licensed) sets yet and in the future.

I measured 14 studs for the drum in diameter, would mean one half is 14 studs by 7. This is a huge part and both of them may fill the half of the package. But it is nice too see something new and different here.

Just now, Timorzelorzworz said:

It seems that there are just alternate builds for smaller (and non-licensed) sets yet and in the future.

I measured 14 studs for the drum in diameter, would mean one half is 14 studs by 7. This is a huge part and both of them may fill the half of the package. But it is nice too see something new and different here.

It's piss-poor. A token effort would have been to offer a front-discharge truck (as seen in the US) as a B-model.

fd4000.jpg?sfvrsn=813a36b8_4

Not hard.