The skip truck was a lovely mid scale model. Hopefully the new mixer is the same scale. For some uk mixers you could carry most of it straight over

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

We know (based on description by @jrx ) that it will have 4 axles, so perhaps it would be similar like this on (42008 set)

001.jpg

4 axles? Correct! :) But as far as I can count the 42008 is only 13 studs wide (plus mud guards) while the concrete mixer will be 15 studs wide.

15 minutes ago, jrx said:

4 axles? Correct! :) But as far as I can count the 42008 is only 13 studs wide (plus mud guards) while the concrete mixer will be 15 studs wide.

Does it really have to be that wide? If so, it's based on a European model. American style cement trucks are rather narrow.

1 hour ago, jrx said:

Than it is more likely to have 49.5 tires like this year's mobile crane set 42108

3 Axles are for mostly for container truck but cement truck commonly at 4 axles because the rotary drum mechanism motor at the middle of the truck, so there should need an axle to suppose the load.

As far as i can see most of the time technic set cane somewhere ideas from CITY vehicles

I can see this set should a technic version & a bigger scale of LEGO 7990

8 hours ago, Technicallism said:

I can see this set should a technic version & a bigger scale of LEGO 7990 

Plus to that, 2013's 60018 City Cement Mixes has exactly the same design (and even a tiltable cabin, in the City series!), so the chances to get something different than 8x4x4 (8 axles, 4 driven, 4 [other] steerable) cabover truck are very low. And for the functions, as the cabover EU-like trucks are a very common type of Technic sets, they supposed to be:

1. Openable doors, I don't remember the truck in the same scale with no openable doors.
  2. The steering. It was proved that the 1-2nd axles are steered so it would be great to have something with 42078-level complexity but personally still I expect 42008-ish dead-simple scheme with the racks and 3L and 4L steering arms. And an orange flash beacon for HOG. It was perfectly made in 42079 in the same livery (and possibly by the same designer), so the chances are high.
  3. The 3-4th axles are driven. It is a mandatory thing for construction machines so I really hope that TLG won't be lazy doing 8x2 constriction truck. That would be a fail.
  4. No suspension.

Plus something for the mixer drum rotation I believe.

Edited by Void_S

9 hours ago, Void_S said:

Plus to that, 2013's 60018 City Cement Mixes has exactly the same design (and even a tiltable cabin, in the City series!), so the chances to get something different than 8x4x4 (8 axles, 4 driven, 4 [other] steerable) cabover truck are very low. And for the functions, as the cabover EU-like trucks are a very common type of Technic sets, they supposed to be:

1. Openable doors, I don't remember the truck in the same scale with no openable doors.

Since the set is 4 axles, I believe would be size of 42008 long....

Normally 3 axles truck with 13-15 stud width get around 30-35cm long, just like 42024...

If 4 axles it should be 40-45cm long so that only can get the best scale of whole truck

We should expect quite similar size like 42008 or 8109

So I'm guessing that, based on the info we have so far, this thing is going to look somewhat like the mixer in the picture below.

liebherr-htm-truckmixer-01.jpg

So it's probably going to look European. However, some American-type trucks have pretty wide fenders and mudguards, so I'm not yet willing to discount the idea that it could be a big rig, especially considering the recent Mack Anthem set.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Maaboo35

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

So I'm guessing that, based on the info we have so far, this thing is going to look somewhat like the mixer in the picture below.

liebherr-htm-truckmixer-01.jpg

So it's probably going to look European. However, some American-type trucks have pretty wide fenders and mudguards, so I'm not yet willing to discount the idea that it could be a big rig, especially considering the recent Mack Anthem set.

maxresdefault.jpg

I will bet it the first one rather than the american type.

But of course, not Mercedes :p

Edited by Technicallism

Is that this part (in front of the truck
 250x250p.jpg?1579839276.20296
in dark blue or is it in blue ?

So its normal blue and dark blue?

The drum looks pretty much like an enlarged version of an old city set.:laugh:

24 minutes ago, efferman said:

Blue

7 minutes ago, LvdH said:

The bottom part is normal blue it seems.

I'm sad :sad:

1 hour ago, Coolusername said:

So its normal blue and dark blue?

I am not sure if it fits to Technic theme?

I am really disappointed about the drum. They could at least make 2 different molds like a conical half and a piece like a half-pipe which fits into each other (so the whole drum would consist out of 6 pieces instead of 2). As I said in the Lambo thread:

15 minutes ago, Jundis said:

It's kind of ironic to watch the Episode 10 where Markus Kossmann talks about creating new Lego elements. At around 5:00 he says "We have to be careful, that it (the new piece) does look like lego... If it's too spacy or too round, then it's not a lego element..."

Guess who is the designer of the 42113 concrete mixer...?

But the reusability of these molds are nearly zero. Maybe as a Blimp or something...

1 hour ago, Coolusername said:

Seeing TLG nowadays, they would not make a single-use piece this big for a smaller 2h wave technic set. So what else can we expect the drum piece to be used in? Technic? Something city/space related (shuttle/rocket)? A silo for a city scale farm? Monkey-kid? Ninjago Mecha? Can't think of any other (technic) vehicle that could use it...

Edit: @Jundis we thought the same...:laugh:

Edited by Rudivdk