merc

[OL-FB] A New Commission and Command

A Chance Encounter Pt 1.

A Chance Encounter Pt 2.

Revelations

An Unexpected Turn of Events

Jan 620

Mere,

It has not been long since our last correspondence but I must tell you that Eltina has a lot of bustle in recent days. It seems that the news of the Lotii's raid of a Corrish colony in the New Haven Sea has gotten people riled up. In one area of the town, men were lining up to enlist in the navy.

48110933841_737b70a26b.jpg

Men seemed to be coming from all over to enlist. Many troops stationed in the town look as though they came from New Oleon while others seem to be native who have enlisted as scouts and interpreters. 

48111038737_f45280a526.jpg 

Back to my new commission, it seemed that Rene had help me get into a captain of an artillery company. While the idea of being far from direct combat is preferable, the cannons are way too loud and I feel as though I am not suited to handle such an assignment. While at the officers quarters, I spoke with several newly commissions captains as well as some Colonels. One individual offered to trade commissions. He had a commission on a light infantry unit and I assumed that they were simply a company that had light responsibilities.

48110934771_287fee47fa.jpg

I was sadly mistaken and feel as though that individual took me for a fool. The men that I have been assigned are light infantry in the sense that they are expected to skirmish with other armies ahead of any main army. It seems that I may be further in the front light that I thought. 

49329337411_e9e60551a8.jpg

Mere do not fret too much, they have provided me with some veteran sergeants who seem to know how this company should operate. And beside, I do not foresee combat for me in the near future. 

Your Son

Captain Jean-Baptiste De Moncey

49328867963_ae1c794d2d.jpg

Spoiler

Here are some Interior pictures of the other buildings

48110975053_09bf5a378d.jpg 

48110933341_5ffd920f5d.jpg

Another free build and a story for a build that has been photographed for a while. This build helps to make my characters promotion official. One of my own critiques is that I am not a fan of the blue sheet as a back drop and have switched over to an off white one to use instead. C&C welcome.

Addendum. 2 Companies Raised in Eltina 1/21/20

Edited by merc

Nice build, especially the external wall is very nice! I like how you made your build appear lively, with everyone doing something. Your figbarf of light infantrymen is very good too!

That's quite a collection of minifigs and a very busy scene. The buildings are nice, and I like the interiors, but that beautiful wall is probably my favorite detail.

Good story, good build. I really like the varied colors used in the patchwork brick on the building façade. And the wall and gate are well done. Great BoBS-appropriate scene. Kudos! :thumbup:

I also like the story accompanied by a nice build with enough details and cool minfig-presentation. Would like to see what the Oleonese war-machine is up to :distressed:

On 1/22/2020 at 3:47 AM, Keymonus said:

Nice build, especially the external wall is very nice! I like how you made your build appear lively, with everyone doing something. Your figbarf of light infantrymen is very good too!

Thank you, it was very hard to show a place that is lively without being over crowded.

On 1/22/2020 at 4:58 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Impressive building, great uniforms and I so love how bustling it is (and with an interior) !

Thank you, like i said earlier it was hard to make a place feel bustling but not crowded.  I also prefer building with interiors rather then just the face of a building if I can help it.

On 1/22/2020 at 10:36 AM, Captain Dee said:

That's quite a collection of minifigs and a very busy scene. The buildings are nice, and I like the interiors, but that beautiful wall is probably my favorite detail.

Thank you. I feel as though my minifig collection continues to grow at an exponentiation rate compared to my brick. The wall took me a bit to figure out how much detail to make it.

On 1/22/2020 at 10:40 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Good story, good build. I really like the varied colors used in the patchwork brick on the building façade. And the wall and gate are well done. Great BoBS-appropriate scene. Kudos! :thumbup:

Thank you. The story was actually harder to write then the build was. I've seen how other players have interpreted a lot of the colonial towns and I tried to mirror it as best as I could.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:12 PM, Fraunces said:

I also like the story accompanied by a nice build with enough details and cool minfig-presentation. Would like to see what the Oleonese war-machine is up to :distressed:

Thank you, I've been working on trying to lessen the amount of dialogue in a build and just allow for short easy reads. My minifig collection seems to grow as I see new pieces and look up uniforms from the time period. And do not worry too much about the Oleonese war-machine, just a simple history buff who likes military history......(maybe)..... :grin:

Nice scene! I like the brick-brick outer wall. It's a simple design, but effective. The highlight is obviously the array of different Oleonese soldiers. Quite impressive! Really neat to see the diversity of Oleon's strength. Great collection of zouaves :thumbup:.