Sign in to follow this  
TheBeeze

[Review] Minifigcat Modular Gear Series

Minifigcat Modular Gear Series

49420176193_64f0e6c3df_c.jpg 

Within the past year or so Minifigcat has released a new modular line of gear for everyone's favorite minifigs. The shot above shows all of the pieces with the exception of a holster which goes across the chest of plate carrier. I have not purchased one simply due to the fact that it looks very impractical, but maybe this works for you. The rigs include two different cut plate carriers (which differ only in terms of the cut and looks) and a chest rig. 

Pouches include a small row of GP pouches, medium ammo/gp pouches, AR mag pouches with mag tops exposed, SMG mag pouches with mags exposed. The small GP pouch is a later addition to the series which can be used on the top row ONLY of attachment points. Interesting thing to note is how the rigs are all curved along the chest by the attachment points. Each mag pouch is also curved but they can be split apart (its permanent so be sure you want to split them) in half so you can mix and match an array of mags and GP pouches. Also, the attachment points are very tiny and could be susceptible to breakage if you continually put things on and off of them. I would be cautious in removing pouches once you put them on. However, they are literally a dry fit and very snug and secure once on. 

All of the rigs are available in several different colors. The pouches, while also having several colors to choose from, oddly are not available in all of the same colors. It's easy to pick something that matches up nicely. 

Below you will see the back side of each rig. The chest rig does not offer a stud for backpack attaching.

49420176278_6738af6ce2_c.jpg 

49420176123_be5549f680_c.jpg 

49420862382_043fdcc93b_c.jpg 

I also wanted to add in the new assault pack they've added which is a huge step up from their old version in terms of size and attachment. It is a hard plastic unlike the old rubbery type. They also designed this pack with the modulars in mind as you can see in picture 2 that there are small notches cut out so the packs can fit over the attachment points on the rigs. 

49420862452_b4aa67ef25_c.jpg 

49420862537_b72a6479b7_c.jpg

Overall this is a great addition to the arsenal of any military builder who is looking to make their minifigs look just a little bit more realistic. They've also priced all of these pieces at a smart value which turns out to be cheaper than some of the NON Modular rigs they offer. Head over to their website and check them out!

UPDATE 7/8/21

About a month back they sent me what looked like a few prototypes of these pouches and they were not available on their website until the following month. Minifigcat has updated their line of modular gear accessories and included 3 new pouches:

Open Top Triple Mag Pouch
Closed Triple Mag Pouch
The Third pouch appears to be modular butt pack of some kind. Unfortunately it is not labeled well on their website. Glad to see them furthering this platform.

51298090826_f1f75c01b2_c.jpgMinifigcat Accessories by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

51298265613_94799449d4_c.jpgMinifigcat Accessories by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

51298265543_ca1eb55901_c.jpgMinifigcat Accessories by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

51297346147_b4baf4f7e5_c.jpgMinifigcat Accessories by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

Minifigcat.com 34481343694_4b0d2dc8bb_s.jpg

These items specifically can be found here 

That's cool! I hope that in the future new and more diversified modular pieces for bulletproof vests can come out, including new types of pockets, clips, accessories, etc.

I like the concept, but still prefer tinytactical, altought just 1 minifig complete gear goes for 30$:laugh:

I wanted to bump this topic up for 2 reasons:

1. I have an order coming in from minifig cat with all new gear that I'll be reviewing.

2. If you need anything, you may want to place an order with them now in case things get worse internationally.
(Political / Foreign Policy Commentary will be deleted, not the place for it.)

NEW GEAR UPDATE

So I got some of Minifigcat's latest and greatest gear items in:

First up is the new face covering. Pretty simple and self explanatory here

52288017473_0671e024da_c.jpgNew Minifigcat gear 8/15/22  

Next up is the new PRC Style radio. It has a handle for figs to hold and 2 notches on the back to integrate with gear. (More on that later) First impression is that I will have a few broken antennas, but I feel like that is the territory with all radio stuff. 
52288014796_bb41ac433b_c.jpgNew Minifigcat gear 8/15/22 

52287040347_6c416ef85b_c.jpgNew Minifigcat gear 8/15/22 

Next up is the new plate carrier. It looks like this time around they went after the more modern smaller style Plate Carriers such as the popular JPC. They've gone ahead and ditched the upper chest gear attachment points but retained them on the back and lower stomach. Also remaining from the other types is the single stud back for attaching packs. Last pic shows the integration of the radio.

52288283004_17e59a343c_c.jpgNew Minifigcat gear 8/15/22  

52287040487_1787b9477a_c.jpgNew Minifigcat gear 8/15/22  

52288283099_76eb9d7239_c.jpgNew Minifigcat gear 8/15/22  

Last, but certainly not least is the new FAST Style Helmet with the integrated Headset. The NVG shroud comes out and is interchangeable with their others. Absolutely love this one and will be a huge addition for a lot of customizers. 

52288129346_2b96070835_c.jpgMinifigcat  Gear 8/15/22 

Nice additions. I can see the allure of modularity for those striving for the "Spec Ops" and modern look. I'm pleased enough with the vests I got from Minifigcat. Those alone add a lot to the look of my forces.