marabella

Micro Machines return in 2020 - are you excited?

For those of you that don't know yet - the nostalgic cult micro toy vehicles are coming back! As a fan of all nostalgic toys I am ultra-thrilled about the news... only question is, will they hold up to their legacy? Are they going to be as cool and well-made as the original?

https://www.wickedcooltoys.com/wct-to-bring-back-iconic-micro-machines-in-2020/

So what do you think people? Have you had any original Micro Machines?

1d48ef8c5bcf790ab46bc3de75ef93ae.jpg

A quote from guidelines:

"Remember: Eurobricks is a LEGO fan site, thus we want most topics here to be LEGO related."

Hey, I've been quoted three times. Okay, I made a mistake! I got it already! Can you please leave me alone now?

Edited by 1963maniac

1 hour ago, 1963maniac said:

A quote from guidelines:

"Remember: Eurobricks is a LEGO fan site, thus we want most topics here to be LEGO related."

I think it will be alright since it is in the community section (unless it got moved here). 

On 1/21/2020 at 4:48 PM, marabella said:

For those of you that don't know yet - the nostalgic cult micro toy vehicles are coming back! As a fan of all nostalgic toys I am ultra-thrilled about the news... only question is, will they hold up to their legacy? Are they going to be as cool and well-made as the original?

https://www.wickedcooltoys.com/wct-to-bring-back-iconic-micro-machines-in-2020/

So what do you think people? Have you had any original Micro Machines?

I remember Micro Machines fondly. Infact, I had several of the ones shown in your picture and still do have them somewhere in storage.

I think they could still be popular, since toy cars are an evergreen toy, for young boys especially. Are the originals still popular and collected? I may have to dust off my old toys.

I also had/have the old Sega Megadrive (Genesis in the US, I believe) cartridge game; that was so much fun! You could build you own tracks and race them with either the computer, or like me, your older brother :)

On 1/21/2020 at 5:56 PM, 1963maniac said:

A quote from guidelines:

Ahh sorry, I thought this was a "general offtopic" section as I seen topics such as "what are you listening to?" and alike.

4 hours ago, leafan said:

I remember Micro Machines fondly. Infact, I had several of the ones shown in your picture and still do have them somewhere in storage.

I think they could still be popular, since toy cars are an evergreen toy, for young boys especially. Are the originals still popular and collected? I may have to dust off my old toys.

I also had/have the old Sega Megadrive (Genesis in the US, I believe) cartridge game; that was so much fun! You could build you own tracks and race them with either the computer, or like me, your older brother :)

Originals are still popular and collected, some unique and rare cars go for $100+.

On 1/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, marabella said:

I thought this was a "general offtopic" section

It is. This is the place to chatter about any old thing.

So, new micro machines? I am so there! 

I hope they are as good as they were originally. I have been really disappointed by the Tonka mini trucks that are all plastic, or the poorly detailed micro cars that Tesco supermarkets sell. I adored micro machines back when I was a sprog. The mini city in a lorry was one of the most amazing playsets out there.

Does anyone else remember the retail display tubes that were just clear tubes filled with the vehicles? 

On 1/21/2020 at 4:56 PM, 1963maniac said:

A quote from guidelines:

Community section can be about anything (within, y'know, polite limits). If you are ever concerned with a thread or a post, feel free to report it.

Micro Machines was my childhood and man were those some pretty damn good toys. I had a few of them. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

21 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I hope they are as good as they were originally. I have been really disappointed by the Tonka mini trucks that are all plastic, or the poorly detailed micro cars that Tesco supermarkets sell. I adored micro machines back when I was a sprog. The mini city in a lorry was one of the most amazing playsets out there.

Does anyone else remember the retail display tubes that were just clear tubes filled with the vehicles? 

That's the only thing I'm actually concerned about. Quality of toys decreased lately, even legos did. There is a slight risk they may be low-grade plastic, as Tonka were.

Oh yes, I do remember these. Loved them. I had a bunch of these as a kid. Don’t know what happened to them, but I don’t think they’re still around. Those itty bitty cars inside the Micro Machines were great. I would imagine those are going for good prices on the secondary market, due to kids likely losing the itty bitty’s. 

Unfortunately despite the fact that micro machines was listed on the exhibitor list on Nuremberg Toy Fair, no additional info was leaked. Guess now we wait for the New York Fair?

On 1/26/2020 at 3:58 PM, marabella said:

That's the only thing I'm actually concerned about. Quality of toys decreased lately, even legos did. There is a slight risk they may be low-grade plastic, as Tonka were.

Slight risk?

100% chance these will be made with terrible plastic. They already brought back the Micro Machine style Star Wars ships, just slightly bigger than the old ones I had. They were a disaster,

On 2/6/2020 at 6:41 PM, Maple said:

Slight risk?

100% chance these will be made with terrible plastic. They already brought back the Micro Machine style Star Wars ships, just slightly bigger than the old ones I had. They were a disaster,

You're right about the Star Wars micro machines, but these will be made by other company - Wicked Cool Toys. They are known for example for Pokemon minifigs, which are, to be honest quite OK quality.  Only way to find out is to wait until 22nd February - they will show their first car models during the NY Toy Fair :)

23 hours ago, marabella said:

You're right about the Star Wars micro machines, but these will be made by other company - Wicked Cool Toys. They are known for example for Pokemon minifigs, which are, to be honest quite OK quality.  Only way to find out is to wait until 22nd February - they will show their first car models during the NY Toy Fair :)

Oh good. I'm hoping for the color changing ones, they were always my favorite.