île de  Zeus, Astrapi Hotel de Ville, January 620

IMG_3208

"For the will of our blessed King, under the eyes of the Almighty Gods and of our whole Nation; for your service to the Homeland in peace and in war and for the ancient name of your family; for your bravery, virtue and devotion; you, Tristan of the House of Rimbaud, are awarded the title of Count of Astrapi. You receive all the honours and the duties of your new rank alongside, with all the presents as witnesses. May you bring glory to our Nation, and may the Gods enlighten your path!" 

IMG_3213

Tristan remained unmoved and impassive, as required by the protocol. Anyways, he could almost see the faces of the few noblemen attending the ceremony. He had received the title months before, via letter, for his actions during the dark happenings on Fatu Hiva… a little, but scorching victory against the members of the old aristocracy who always despised him for his low social standing: men with more titles than merits, useless cowards with brave ancestors, who never moved an inch in their life.

Tristan knew that many of those men wanted him to be hanged as a traitor for his long permanence in Charlatan Bay: those idiots would have preferred the complete massacre of the Oleander contingent to a victory of a man coming from the ranks of low nobility. Now they would have been forced to greet him with respect, a bitter pill to swallow… Tristan wouldn't have let them forget about that too easily! 

Fortunately, however, most of Oleander noblemen, and almost all the ones in a relevant position, were different from the inflated balloons behind him. So, instead of facing a firing squad, Tristan was receiving a high decoration in front of the garrison and of a couple of people consumed by rage.

IMG_3210

"Moreover, for your acts of valour in our colonies and in foreign land, you are awarded the Medal of the Two Swords of class 1 for bravery on the fields of battle and you are promoted to the rank of Regiment General of Oleander army. Bring glory to our Nation, and lead our soldiers to victory!"

In foreign landnobody openly admitted that Tristan had fought for almost two years in a pirate settlement, to restore a pirate government on a pirate island! Tristan sometimes had doubts about his campaign in Charlatan Bay, but he was quite sure that any alternative would have been worse. At least, Acropolis and Astrapi were still standing, and his friend firmly ruled Infero Pordejon.

IMG_3212

After the ceremony, Tristan was approached by a man in a black uniform, who had remained on the sidelines up to that moment.

"Monsieur Rimbaud, strongly felt congratulations for your promotion. Titles, however, are just a mere facade… the real congratulations are for the way you ran a military campaign in hostile territory, against superior forces and with very little support. You could turn foes into friends, destroy the support of the population for the rebels, take the strategic points… my superiors want to talk you about this. We foresee winds of war in the East, with the increased hostility between Corlanders and Lotii. We fear that things will be dirty and irregular, and we think that you and your men could be useful."

IMG_3214

Tristan followed the man towards the garrison headquarters. So soon… he had arrived in Astrapi only two weeks before, and he already had to leave. It was time to unsheathe the sword again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My character had received the promotion to Count months ago, but I could never build a proper response. With this build, I want to make that (and the new promotion to Regiment General) official. 

Edited by Keymonus

I like the build and how the ceremony feels full without being crowded. Clever use of the small arch as a bended knee.

Such a well deserved honor. He should give those bitter noblemen a little consideration, though. Most are savvy politicians, skilled at character assassination. Rumors of association with "heathen" priestesses, for instance. Such machinations could make Tristan the target of religious fanatics. (Lots of potential for dramatic story there.)

Finally an official congratulations are in order lol. Great build and intrigued to see the story unfold

Nice architecture, and congrats for the promotion, you deserved it.

The expressions of these two aristocrates on the third phto made me laugh, they must be fuming of jealousy.:pir_laugh2:

Nice build and excellent figure posing. And the faces on those noblemen are perfect! Good job with the story too. It sounds as if adventure awaits.

Thank you all guys! This time I tried a couple of new things for the facade, but I had to sacrifice the interior... a little compromise between aesthetics and building time! :grin:

On 1/20/2020 at 3:08 AM, gedren_y said:

Such a well deserved honor. He should give those bitter noblemen a little consideration, though. Most are savvy politicians, skilled at character assassination. Rumors of association with "heathen" priestesses, for instance. Such machinations could make Tristan the target of religious fanatics. (Lots of potential for dramatic story there.)

I agree with you, cooperating with “heretics” may put Tristan on the black list of somebody, including a freshly nominated Canon with a concerning passion for barbecues (congrats again @Ross Fisher)... maybe building a little chapel to prove Tristan devotion could be useful!

By sure aristocrats’ expression are one of my preferred  details... the only problem was taking pictures without “killing” everybody else with the camera :grin:

Although I am not fond of the building, the story and photography make this post outstanding. You are a good storyteller!

9 hours ago, Keymonus said:

maybe building a little chapel to prove Tristan devotion could be useful!

If you're on Astrapi, why not come and visit the new Treasury of Hades the Harvester? Bend a knee to the Underlord, too. Nothing better to prove you've got nothing to hide...

On 1/22/2020 at 6:20 PM, Fraunces said:

Although I am not fond of the building, the story and photography make this post outstanding. You are a good storyteller!

Thank you! I tried some new techniques for the facade, but it didn't turn out as well as I wanted; I'm quite fond, on the contrary, of minifig posing and I'm glad you liked it!

On 1/22/2020 at 7:07 PM, Ross Fisher said:

If you're on Astrapi, why not come and visit the new Treasury of Hades the Harvester? Bend a knee to the Underlord, too. Nothing better to prove you've got nothing to hide...

Well, bending a knee in front of somebody with a disquieting passion for knives and sacrifices… What could ever go wrong? :grin:

@Keymonus

On 1/22/2020 at 9:45 PM, Keymonus said:

I had to sacrifice the interior..

We all have to make little sacrifices sometimes. But the Underlord doesn't harvest his followers before their appropriate hour. You've nothing to fear, if you've got nothing to hide.