Sign in to follow this  
pantelis

[Wip] Classic Castle Diorama

Hi to all , back again with a new project for me. This is my try to make something big.

I want to make a big diorama with my lovely classic characters , a big castle for my Lions and their friends also some builds outside and maybe a tournament for all classic figures..

I thing maybe i need the feedback from all the classic castle friends with some good ideas that i can try step by step to this creation..

So this is the first step for this Wip creation of me!!!

49407900676_726d27f554_b.jpg

49407896666_944e37c555_h.jpg

49407901346_51d55ff149_h.jpg

49408099242_ebb799ad10_h.jpg

49407420948_66ae2a3d59_b.jpg

49407412863_999d1a0054_h.jpg

49407413398_bae447ce31_h.jpg

49407894971_6f0f608ba3_h.jpg

It definitely looks fortified enough. And seems to have a number of amenities a stronghold should have.

However, I can't spot a waterwell? I see a blacksmith, but no stables?
A portcullis could be added, and perhaps the start of a bridge on which the drawbridge can rest when open.

Nevertheless, an impressing build with nice masonry visible on the walls.

Just now, GeoBrick said:

It definitely looks fortified enough. And seems to have a number of amenities a stronghold should have.

However, I can't spot a waterwell? I see a blacksmith, but no stables?
A portcullis could be added, and perhaps the start of a bridge on which the drawbridge can rest when open.

Nevertheless, an impressing build with nice masonry visible on the walls.

Thank you Geobrick for making the start with this feedback.. 

So you sugest 1) Waterwell 

2) Stables 

3) Port

4) Bridge 

Nice build. Lots of nice textures, and a really sturdy impression! 

Just one thing to mention: the height of the different towers seems to be quite equal. Perhaps it would be a nice idea to have at least one of them a bit taller.

Edited by derEselausErgste

19 minutes ago, derEselausErgste said:

Nice build. Lots of nice textures, and a really sturdy impression! 

Just one thing to mention: the height of the different towers seems to be quite equal. Perhaps it would be a nice idea to have at least one of them a bit taller.

Mmmm.. Thanks for the feedback... I think i will change the sape for a little... I will come again with New fotos... Thanks for share your feedback!! 

I always love seeing your builds.  You do a great job incorporating new, more detailed building techniques into the older 'classic' style, while retaining the classic feel. 

First, all the good: The colors are amazing, the detail level is perfect, the castle looks great, and I love that you incorporated an interior to the castle ward.  The inner ward of the castle has a Medieval Marketplace feel to me.  The jousting is great and the colors are fantastic.  It is reminiscent of the Knight's Challenge to me.  The stone path is great, and the whole thing has a very much 1984 King's Castle vibe to me. 

Nothing bad here, but if you're looking for suggestions: the jousting lists should probably not have a bleachers at the end of the lists.  They were typically on the sides, both for spectating, logistics, and safety.  A few of these someone else mentioned, but there's a number of things that were important enough for most castles to include them within the walls: well, kitchen (sometimes with buttery), blacksmith shop, stables, barracks, and apartments.  I assume most of what we see is apartments.  Typically there was a great hall made of stone, and much of the lower towers were used as food storage in case of a siege (aka, a granary).  The kitchens were sometimes made from stone and somewhat detached from the other buildings, like the blacksmith shop was, for fire danger.  These are pretty detailed for what you have here, but maybe they can give you some ideas.

Keep up the great work!

8 hours ago, Grover said:

I always love seeing your builds.  You do a great job incorporating new, more detailed building techniques into the older 'classic' style, while retaining the classic feel. 

First, all the good: The colors are amazing, the detail level is perfect, the castle looks great, and I love that you incorporated an interior to the castle ward.  The inner ward of the castle has a Medieval Marketplace feel to me.  The jousting is great and the colors are fantastic.  It is reminiscent of the Knight's Challenge to me.  The stone path is great, and the whole thing has a very much 1984 King's Castle vibe to me. 

Nothing bad here, but if you're looking for suggestions: the jousting lists should probably not have a bleachers at the end of the lists.  They were typically on the sides, both for spectating, logistics, and safety.  A few of these someone else mentioned, but there's a number of things that were important enough for most castles to include them within the walls: well, kitchen (sometimes with buttery), blacksmith shop, stables, barracks, and apartments.  I assume most of what we see is apartments.  Typically there was a great hall made of stone, and much of the lower towers were used as food storage in case of a siege (aka, a granary).  The kitchens were sometimes made from stone and somewhat detached from the other buildings, like the blacksmith shop was, for fire danger.  These are pretty detailed for what you have here, but maybe they can give you some ideas.

Keep up the great work!

Thank you very much Grover for this feedback once again..i am glad for your comments and iam very glad that you enjoy my creations.

Your sugestion are very good.At the first i want to end with the shape of the castle maybe i make some changes.

Then i will see all this sugestions from the feedback of the Wip and then i will post again some fotos with all this details.

Thank you once again and i will come back soon!!!

Wonderful build.  This takes me right back to my childhood.  The texture on the castle is very good, not to much going on.  The tudor style buildings inside are a nice throw back.  The landscaping is simple but very effective.  Everything you've done just looks classic castle like.  The whole build is not too detailed yet has enough little details throughout to keep you interested.  The classic figs are great too.  

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

Wonderful build.  This takes me right back to my childhood.  The texture on the castle is very good, not to much going on.  The tudor style buildings inside are a nice throw back.  The landscaping is simple but very effective.  Everything you've done just looks classic castle like.  The whole build is not too detailed yet has enough little details throughout to keep you interested.  The classic figs are great too.  

Thank you very much zoth33 for your feedback once again. I hope from the feedbacks here to get some ideas. Yes i will do some better thinks with details of the builds and with the landscape for sure. I hope to have the parts and make some thinks this days.. To be true i think i will change a little the shape of the castle... 

I don't like the blue invasion vessel used by Forestmen, it would better fit into some WW2 Normandy MOC. :tongue:

This is an extremely cool build! You really found your own oldschool-yet-modern style of sets that bring back nostalgic memories, but they are mature, detailed, coherent, and cleverly built. Brilliant scale: big enough to impress and be true to the minifigures' size - Great choice of minifigures, as always - , yet not a gigantic one to become an impossible set.

How many bricks did you use? And how many hours did you need?

4 hours ago, Aine said:

I don't like the blue invasion vessel used by Forestmen, it would better fit into some WW2 Normandy MOC. :tongue:

This is an extremely cool build! You really found your own oldschool-yet-modern style of sets that bring back nostalgic memories, but they are mature, detailed, coherent, and cleverly built. Brilliant scale: big enough to impress and be true to the minifigures' size - Great choice of minifigures, as always - , yet not a gigantic one to become an impossible set.

How many bricks did you use? And how many hours did you need?

Hahaha... Thank you my friend Aine one more time for your great detaild comment to my creations. Iam so happy that you notice all this details that i want to saw from this Classic Castle i believe... It has a lot of work to do more. I think are more than 5000 bricks and i start to build 15 days before.. I plan some changes my friend Aine...!!! 

Wow! 5000 bricks? That's insane! I don't think that I'll ever have a patience and skill for such grandiose build! Amazing work!

2 hours ago, Aine said:

Wow! 5000 bricks? That's insane! I don't think that I'll ever have a patience and skill for such grandiose build! Amazing work!

Me to Aine... Haha.. I think after helms deep is the biger. But one time i want to try. And because lego dont give as something New castles them i say ok something big from me for 2020!!!

Love it! That Castle is an inspiration!

My suggestions concern the jousting area. The dividing rail is too low, it should be about to the bottom of the horses shoulder. You also added great texture elsewhere so you should add brown tracks on both sides. Horses really tear up turf at a gallop.

On 1/25/2020 at 3:47 PM, Masked Mini said:

Love it! That Castle is an inspiration!

My suggestions concern the jousting area. The dividing rail is too low, it should be about to the bottom of the horses shoulder. You also added great texture elsewhere so you should add brown tracks on both sides. Horses really tear up turf at a gallop.

Mmmm thats some good advises and from you Masked Mini.. It will be a great feedback!!! I change the shape of the castle and i will come again with new foto.. 

Good work so far @Pantelis. You could potentially add some banners and the sort to the castle, as well as some more detailing around the moat. A very strong start :thumbup: