It’s definitely worth to try because my kid still prefer duplo than system stuff. Wheel with pinhole is awesome idea! 

Thanks for that spark to reanimate this duplo/technic train idea :pir_laugh2:

19 minutes ago, Ctan said:

... reanimate this duplo/technic train idea :pir_laugh2:

Yes, we were disappointed by the completely limited number of locomotives and cars in DUPLO (influence of my grandchildren :) ).

Now, we can design any in LEGO bricks, and  with all the power of Technic Powered Up hub motors and sensors, if desired (there you feel the influence of the grandfather  :)  ).

Start building !

(if necessary, open a new topic, and make a link from here)

Edited by phildc
spelling

For sure these wheels you’ve designed will be extremely useful for making longer carts with moveable carriages to pass the track curves. Thanks a lot! 

Awaiting other reactions, because  external diameter of these wheels  is 32 mm, compared to the standard 24mm of LEGO and approx 28mm of DUPLO.

I have no genuine LEGO train, so I dont know how standard trains will fit with these wheels. Custom creations will be possible, anyway.

It is a "work in progress".

To be continued ...

Edited by phildc
spelling

I really like the idea and just looked for Duplo trains at Lego... Lego sells a Duplo Digi Train with 234 pieces aimed at 2-5 years for 304.99€. This price is just insane unless the thing can fly :sick:

Edited by m2fel

Thanks for the info. Was not aware of this "coding-express-45025". Just found the marketing info, is there any technical info?

Technical remark:

These wheels will only fit MOC's, as the external diameter is 32 mm, compared to the standard 24mm of LEGO and approx 28mm of DUPLO.