Enrico7676

LEGO Trans Europ Express VT 11.5.

The Trans Europ Express VT 11.5/class 01 has been on my "to built" list for a very long time. I had built a 6-wide version 4 years ago. But now finnaly I have been able to built a 8 wide 1:45 scale version.

49389918328_024c7930dc_c.jpgMy LEGO TEE VT 11.5 MOC. by Enrico Lussi, on Flickr

The reason I fell in love with the TEE/VT 11.5/class 601 is because of multiple reasons. First the train itself screams a long-gone area of railroading. Second, Kraftwerk has writing an amazing song about the TEE. Third and most importantly, the TEE was my father’s favorite train. We tried to track down as many as possible to visit and photograph, the photograph on the front page (also known as featured picture) is my father in front of a surviving VT 11.5 in Bahnpark Augsburg. Together with my father I started building a 6 wide version a long, long time ago. Unfortunately, he passed away before we could finish it. Later I started building 8-wide 1:45 scale MOC’s. And after seeing Holger’s amazing built, I just had to get back to the model and re do it, this time in a proper scale (and with the correct colours), so in some way this model is a tribute not only to the amazing VT 11.5 but also to my father.

49390593182_21fbcb0781_c.jpgMy LEGO TEE VT 11.5 MOC. by Enrico Lussi, on Flickr

For more information and behind the scene check out the BMR article about the model: https://brickmodelrailroader.com/…/the-trans-europ-express…/
If you want to see the model in action, here is a short video of my model running around the layout we had last weekend and with Kraftwerk in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VarJWCJImo&t=42s

49367760093_ed96fc5e4b_c.jpgAnother sneak peek of my VT 11.5 TEE LEGO MOC. by Enrico Lussi, on Flickr

This is really wonderful; it looks perfect. You took some great pictures, too. Thanks for sharing!

7 hours ago, jimmynick said:

This is really wonderful; it looks perfect. You took some great pictures, too. Thanks for sharing!

No problem! Gerard Salden help me take this pictures since I am bit of a noob when it comes to cameras.

1 hour ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

What a fascinating story and what a masterpiece of train! :wub_drool:

Bravissimo! :thumbup:

Gracias! 

Great train  :thumbup: (I love the TEE) , and very nice pictures with neutral backround! :wub:

And, since you also are a new member, welcome aboard!!! :classic:

Ciao!

Davide

On 1/20/2020 at 10:44 AM, Paperinik77pk said:

Great train  :thumbup: (I love the TEE) , and very nice pictures with neutral backround! :wub:

And, since you also are a new member, welcome aboard!!! :classic:

Ciao!

Davide

Thanks! These pictures where made ad a model railway show a couple of weeks ago. We were lucky to have black curtains as our backdrop. Pictures were made by Gerard Salden. 

And yes new member of Eurobricks. But have been active in the LEGO hobby for quit some time. 

On 1/20/2020 at 5:40 PM, zephyr1934 said:

A thing of beauty (both the prototype and the MOCs)

I agree. One of the best looking trains ever built. But it wasn't a prototype. There were quite a few built. 

The original is rusting away near Amsterdam Central station, sad to see... Great MOC of course that is why I nominated it :)

On 1/23/2020 at 5:59 AM, Thai bricks said:

"Prototype" in modelling refers to the full-size original. It's a language trap. ;)

A, I see. Good one. 

21 hours ago, JopieK said:

The original is rusting away near Amsterdam Central station, sad to see... Great MOC of course that is why I nominated it :)

The one at Amsterdam is the Dutch version. My model is the German version, which was used frequently for TEE trains in the Netherlands, using almost the same exact route that the ICE takes now.

I have seen the Dutch version in real life a couple of times, and his/hers situation is not looking good, not looking good at all.

Thanks for the nomination! 

20 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

OMG! It's amazing! :thumbup:

Thanks! 

Edited by Enrico7676

I just uploaded some more pictures of the model to my Flickr. Including pictures showing every interior configuration that I made.

49440275767_70b269db2c_c.jpgInterieur kitchen car. by Enrico Lussi, on Flickr

49439586458_9f500109f6_c.jpgBar wagen/diner car of my TEE by Enrico Lussi, on Flickr

Complete Flickr album with all the interier's can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/154406928@N06/albums/72157712101559367

Kraftwerk fan here - always thought the TEE was a line, not an actual train, so this is especially fascinating to learn.  Many kudos for your brilliant LEGO recreation, which is enviable and inspiring at the same time.

Your father would be proud.

10 hours ago, TurboBrick said:

Kraftwerk fan here - always thought the TEE was a line, not an actual train, so this is especially fascinating to learn.  Many kudos for your brilliant LEGO recreation, which is enviable and inspiring at the same time.

Your father would be proud.

Thanks!

The TEE was a high speed international train service, where multiple countries contributed trains, including the VT 11.5 which I built from Germany.

On 2/1/2020 at 7:42 PM, Viper Knight said:

Wonderful. Has a Polish war-train ever been done on Eurobricks?

Thanks! Not sure but I made a br 52 kriegzug. 

This took me a lot of time and energy to finish it at the last minute. But there are over 100 LED's lighting up my Lego Trans Europ express. Everything from cabine lights to table lamps are fitted with LED's. 
I use cheap Aliexpress LED's all the wiring and connecting is custom made/done. And there a lot of hours in doing that. 
The pictures that are featured in this post are from the Lego eisenbahntreffen in Schkeuditz. There are multiple amazing layouts including one from Maciej Drwięga, UrbanErwin and noppenbahnen.

51379757254_700cb06622_k.jpgTEE nightexpress at Schkeuditz. by Enrico Lussi, on Flickr

51385075263_f0268957fb_k.jpgTEE Nightexpress at Maciej Drwięga his station. by Enrico Lussi, on Flickr

51387240949_6227d5248c_k.jpgTEE Nightexpress at Schkeuditz by Enrico Lussi, on Flickr

51386750338_1a46101828_k.jpgTEE Nightexpress at Schkeuditz by Enrico Lussi, on Flickr

Lit up at night, your TEE VT 11.5 is a gorgeous creation. The work to light it must be insane. Kudos.

On 8/23/2021 at 8:46 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Lit up at night, your TEE VT 11.5 is a gorgeous creation. The work to light it must be insane. Kudos.

Thanks! Yeah it was a insane amount of work to get it right. But once they where all lit up it was worth every minute of work! 

On 8/23/2021 at 9:55 PM, XG BC said:

this is an insanely good moc and a really sweet backstory! awesome!

Thanks! And the backstory is growing every time I take it with me to shows!

23 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This picture looks like and old  historical postcard ...it's a masterpiece that conveys a great charm! :wub: 

True, really nice indeed.

10 hours ago, JopieK said:

True, really nice indeed.

On 8/30/2021 at 10:23 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This picture looks like and old  historical postcard ...it's a masterpiece that conveys a great charm! :wub: 

Thanks guys! Yeah the night time pictures turned out awesome! And Maciej his station was the perfect place to take the photo's!