siimonsayslego

Brickchester 2020

Hello everyone, this is my city Brickchester, I was inspired by greg3's city of Ballabreek and the stories he tells, so I thought I would do the same.

Brickchester is an old English city dating back to at least the age of the roman invasion of England, though not much evidence remains of this in my city.

49396518846_faff888829_w_d.jpg

This is near the centre of the main street, as you can closely see, palace cinema is boarded up, and there is a plaza that might need some brightening up.

49396039343_ecc6819e77_w_d.jpg

Here is a look down towards one end of my modular street.

49396518996_870e5dba4d_w_d.jpg

At the other end is Corner Garage, and a bike shop and pizza place, with an end of line tram stop.

49396039358_739567227e_w_d.jpg

Just along from Corner Garage is a small car park, next to Downtown Diner (Which has been reversed).

49396722492_4394fffe6f_w_d.jpg

The Town Hall and Fire Bridge sit together off the main street on what is currently a rather narrow bit of road.

49396039503_109e35bc49_w_d.jpg

Just along from Town Hall is the Pet Shop and the recently built Bookshop (which was unfortunately missing a piece, but this has since bee rectified)

49396722547_50872c87bc_w_d.jpg

Just along from the Bookshop is a garage with some small shops.

49396722612_c0038a1c8f_w_d.jpg

A view of the airport but also showing an overview of the city.

49396722562_f1cffcef23_w_d.jpg

A carousel sits at the end of the city here.

49396519186_ba7bf47afa_w_d.jpg

Centre of main street again, but from the other side.

49396519141_80e35b8670_w_d.jpg

The funfair is a permanent feature in the city of Brickchester, but it's definitely missing something. :wink:

49396519246_220d80729c_w_d.jpg

Another view of the centre of main street, on the left side you can see a reversed Parisian Restaurant.

49396039723_e094c3dc92_w_d.jpg

Finally at the end of the main street sits Grand Emporium and a hospital along with a little car dealership.

Thanks for looking, and any comments or improvements that could be made, don't be afraid to ask.

Hey dude, appreciate the effort but the photos are way too small to see anything! 

Please turn your phone sideways next time and try posting them on Flickr or similar. 

Looking good so far and a very impressive collection of modular buildings!! (Sort of like Ballabreek’s bigger brother?. Looking forward to seeing what sort of stories you come up with!!

As for the photography I know how hard it is to photograph a layout when the available lighting and angles are not the best. Try concentrating on just a close up of a small area as it makes it much easier to get decent shots. 

Nice work and thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately I've been rather busy so haven't had much time for Brickchester, but as stated before the Palace Cinema had been closed down for a while, and has now finally reopened.

Palace cinema reopening

The construction team working on the exterior of the palace cinema, replacing the lights.

Palace cinema reopening

Equipment and props being delivered in preparation for the reopening ceremony.

Palace cinema reopening

The display fence being installed.

Palace cinema reopening

The display fencing installed alongside a red carpet for the grand opening.

Palace cinema reopening

The opening ceremony with stars form the latest brick film being premiered, the local news team are reporting the reopening ceremony along the mayor who is currently being interviewed. Lots of people have come out to see the grand reopening.

Palace cinema reopening

The stars having pictures taken together before the premiere, no pictures were taken inside the screening, due to a strict no phone policy.

Yet again I've been really busy with work and university, but I managed to do some remodelling work to the city of Brickchester.

DSC_2652

As you can see there has been work to the main street with many small shops added along this area, along with the hospital, to the right on the street is the new entrance to the fairground and the airport.

DSC_2654

Showing the remodelled fairground, which has increased the space available within that area.

DSC_2656

The airport has had one of the biggest changes, it still has plenty of space for aircraft to land but also a nice area set aside for the ground vehicles.

DSC_2650

Here the local news team are interviewing the builders who helped to redevelop the area to maximise the space, but alas they are saying there work isn't done as they have a lot more work to do elsewhere in the city.

DSC_2651

Now the local news team have moved on to interviewing the mayor, the head of trains/public transport in the city, and the head of airport management within the city, as without this three approving it, the project wouldn't have gone ahead, though they all do agree some minor changes may be necessary to improve the city further.

Future plans for the city are still being developed, but hoping to bring back a lost industry in the city, that will hopefully improve the economy of Brickchester.

Looking good so far... The larger pics show off so much more detail. (that TV crew look familiar!!) Looking forward to seeing what the "lost industry" might be!!

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry I haven't updated this as much as I thought I would, I've had quite a bit going on with uni and then returning to work in June, but some good news for Brickchester during the lockdown, was that it saw a complete redesign of the city, which I'm quite proud of, without further ado here is the redesigned Brickchester, 

20200812_11201620200812_112019

The Fairground has been moved away from the airport to its own little area

20200812_112022

20200812_112027

I'm hoping to create a nice pedestrian zone in the middle of all these buildings eventually, still currently deciding on a style that would work nicely.

20200812_112037

20200812_112043

The redesigned airport and transport hub, hopefully gonna start work by the end of the summer to create a more realistic airport and transport hub.

20200812_112046

20200812_112052

20200812_112058

Other side of the modulars in the city, plus rumour is that the hotel's being relocated, but whats gonna replace the hotels spot?

20200812_112101

20200812_112106

20200812_112110

Finally onto the suburbs of the city with a range of smaller shops and facilities for the citizens of Brickchester.

Hope you all enjoyed this update, I've got a few stories lined up for the next few weeks so stay tuned.

Welcome back everyone, this week Brickchester got a new park area.

20200817_143938

It used to look like this, work started to commence.

20200817_151401

With the road shut to the public, it allowed the construction crew to lift the hotel on a specially made transport ready for its new home, once moved the team moved in to started preparing the ground.

20200820_192510

The park was quickly constructed with many of the facilities previously scattered throughout the city, transported to the new park on smaller transport trucks.

20200820_192730

Finally the news crew arrived at the opening ceremony hosted by the mayor to get a new look at this open space.

Hope you all enjoyed the update this week, many more future updates to come.

Nice update... I need to get round to finding space for a skate ramp in my town!! Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

This week in Brickchester the mayor has an announcement, and who else would be there but the wonderful TV crew to report on it.

20200914_135812

The mayor appears with the chief of police to announce that the city will be getting 4 new state of the art police cars, to accompany this announcement the police of Brickchester have gotten together to showcase some of their current vehicles, of which some will now be retired, alongside the new replacements.

20200914_135823

The four new cars are shown here all very sleek looking and fast, helping to apprehend the criminals

20200914_13581620200914_140138

Some of the vehicles on display show a motorbike and quad bike that are used within the city, these are useful as they can weave in and out of traffic, along with a dog van and a variety of cars that are currently used to chase criminals throughout the city. (Also apologies, I didn't realise that minifigure has fallen over)

20200914_140019

And what day out showcasing the police vehicles wouldn't be complete without them showing how they handcuff somebody, while their friends watch in amusement.

Hope you all enjoyed this weeks update and stay tuned for further updates.